Samsung may be rushing the Galaxy S5 along due to weaker than expected S4 sales
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2013, 09:42 posted on
Citing Samsung insiders, South Korean Joseilbo reports that Sammy is hurrying the release of the Galaxy S5 along due to weaker sales than the company was hoping for internally...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
you know, PA is rushing, it should be s5... PA where's the quality? You're going the Samsung way..
17. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Whats wrong with you Phonearena ? Why are you simply Bashing Samsung ?
S3 Released May
S4 Released March !
Is it because week sales of S3 ?
31. gregariousguy (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
S3 was released in 2012 while s4 is released in 2013
32. Commentator (Posts: 2706; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
And, according to this report, the S5 will be released January 2014. It looks like they're on a 10-month release cycle.
This isn't exactly unprecedented. From the Nexus One to the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus series was on an 11-month release cycle: January 2010 - December 2010 - November 2011.
Love it though. My contract's up in January, and if rumors about its all-metal body and 64-bit processor (assuming a usable amount of RAM) I'll totally fall for this.
35. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
S5 is going to release in 2014 .
48. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
That is the worst idea I have ever heard. "Sales are down because people who have an S3 don't need a new phone ever few months" "BRING OUT ANOTHER". yeah. no.
3. chunky1x (Posts: 266; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
"Samsung may be rushing the Galaxy S4 along due to weaker than expected S4 sales"
My brain hurts.
4. Arsen (Posts: 31; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Hey guys is it worth buying the Galaxy S4 LTE-A version(snapdragon800)? Does it have any problems ?
25. jove39 (Posts: 1409; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
First check if your carrier supports LTE-A...if you want it just for S800...it's certainly worth every cent.
5. shuaibhere (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
After reading the headlines....i thought a new improved version of s4 is coming..
6. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I thought this post was written by Alan F. when I first read the title.
On topic, I think rushing the release will be a bad move on Samsung. Usually when you rush things, problems tend to happen.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Usually when you rush things, problems tend to happen."
As it happened with iOS 7.
20. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I agree with that. I had so many issues with my iPad after I installed the update. Next time I'm gonna wait to install the update.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
My iPhone 5 is still on 6.1.4, I didn't updated it because at the moment I don't use it, it just lives in my drawer. :) Maybe when iOS 7 will be more stable or when jailbreak for iOS 7 will be released, I will try to upddate it to iOS 7 to sniff around due to technical curiosity. :)
69. User72042 (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
You know,I don't Get it,Cause i haven't faced with any kind of issues With my Upgraded iPad,and Even with my new 5s,Everything Seems Normal,I read these posts and i realize that you guys have problem with iOS 7,But I'm Really Ok With it..
65. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
iOS 7 on iPad, iPod Touch & iPhone 5 w/no issues but maybe i'm not as picky.
68. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Some people says that on iPad there is even more issues than on iPhone 5 with iOS 7.
7. JMartin22 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This rushed article headline kind of reminds me of how PA rushes reviews of new phones with no substance just for the sake of being first..
26. McLTE (Posts: 736; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It just kind of reminds me how the reporting on this site SUCKS.
37. McLTE (Posts: 736; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I do go elsewhere.. doesn't make the reporting here suck any less, Bucky.
54. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I normally come here for the comment section only. Can't get these kind of commentators elsewhere.
36. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
To be honest I never ever read reviews from PA not because of rushing but because of low quality/standard..
I visit PA for only all sort of news ..
After gsmarena only anyother site in terms of reviews!
61. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I never trust single source, I always check as much as possible sources and only then I'm making conclusions.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9680; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Satisfied with my Note 3. Not upgrading.
16. papss (unregistered)
I have to agree. Plus when I get my l1020 back I'll have two great phones
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9680; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If I want a back up, Nexus 5 is literally the only option for me.
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
The nexus 5 will be my next..... Despite being made by LG
30. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Note3 is surely among top 3 of 2013 even if PA gives it a biased 9.
13. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I like the yearly cycle. To make a successor earlier than that shows that the phone is crap and isn't worth anything after after a few months.
29. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
This is why Apple is number one sales in the USA because they accurate take their time 1 phone per year
14. sergiobr (Posts: 511; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Waiting for January. Still very satisifed with my S3 and my Nokia 808 camera transfers by nfc. The best of two worlds. I hope Sammy produce something near Nokia camera in low light. I look the best camera centric phone, and NO to WP. Let´s see the S5 with OIS etc.
15. uchihakurtz (Posts: 297; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Way too much variant of S4 and especially when the S800 version came out, must've pissed some customers. Sammy should take it slow and release one beast like they did with the Note 3. I hope they won't disappoint with the S5.
18. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
There should take their time with the s5 and make only one version of the s5. Or it will fail if there is more than one product with the same name
22. jove39 (Posts: 1409; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Samsung need to understand...people don't need new phone every year...and samsung need to stop flood the market with variants...Galaxy S4 LTE-A, Galaxy J, S4 Active, S4 Zoom, S4 mini...there are so many S4 phones.
38. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
That's the definition of choice, and Samsung just follow the customers order, I don't see that a cons at all
23. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The problem is the those monster phones don't use even 50% of their power aside from some very high end 3d games. Anything which came this year and has a Snapdragon 600 processor and above can ususally handle anything Android can throw at it. Dozens of widgets, multiple launchers, simultaneous downloads, etc etc.
I've got a GS3 i9300. Mid-2012 phone with a 1.4 Ghz quad-core A9 and only 1Gig of ram. We are now nearing the end of 2013. Sure, it's rooted and running a custom rom courtesy of LS, but it's not OCed nor did I change the kernel. It runs LS 2.10 4.3. 7-8 homescreen widgets + 5 lockscreen widgets, Go launcher, custom icon pack. Perhaps some additional floating sidebar to quick-access some stuff. And not a hint of lag! Sure, apps may not open 0.0001 seconds faster if I had a Krait 800 processor with 3gigs of ram but it's just fine as it is!! I'm using it until it breaks down and dies, not until It gets old and outdated. :)
39. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Really even I am with that legendary S3 ..
Still smooth with custom roms as it have powerful 1.4Ghz A9 exynos chip.
Superb battery .. and I am having a battery kit for charging second battery so I never plugged my phone to power recently showing how convinent and important is removable battery ..
Then I baught two OEM orginal back cover for future and one OEM battery in advance as I may not get availablility that time.
Because S3 is such a legendary phone I dont see a actual reason to change this phone. ..I will hold this until Note 4 ..till that I am with my S3 which served all my needs :)
63. ilia1986 (unregistered)
34. Sondae (Posts: 218; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
To much s4 variants that samsung come plus the software, design and hardware isnt that good on s4. That is why s4 is being overshadowed fast by new android phone this past month. This is why i am still hold my s3 and waiting for new phone next year.
41. Klamba92 (Posts: 208; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I don't believe this, if it does release it will be April earliest. Weak sales say hello to lg and htc? Analysts just make things up, just like the moto x and iPhone rumours.
42. frazaco11 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
This is a rumor anyway but if true ; Is Sammy in a kind of trouble or confused state? Why the rush ? Give us one solid beast of a phone and you wouldn't have to worry about competition . Haba! Too many S4 variants, not good for business it creates confusion for consumers .
If Apple released 5 inch iphone next year how will Sammy react to that huh?
All we need is a solid build quality phone , forget about the competition
44. sergiobr (Posts: 511; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
46. sergiobr (Posts: 511; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Note 3 in second !!!! And Android inside ! My next phone ! " ... that device comes in second, it's the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The phablet was a very adequate still shooter, but it's the video recording that makes it stand out from the crowd. Narrow field of view aside, with 2160p recording, high quality 1080p @ 60fps and video zoom that's almost as impressive as that of the Lumia, the Note 3 video skills are very hard to match. " So glad to share !
45. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
They say this about every flagship before it comes out. Never been true
47. JMartin22 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I also don't buy this rumor, January is too early, they need time to order all their supplies so they can mass produce the phone units, historically, Samsung has always had inventory issues with the initial release of their high-end flagship phones.
49. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 881; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Lol, pure BS, we all know and Samsung to know that showing your cards too early is a big mistake, bringing the S5 in Jan, RIGHT AFTER the holiday quarter would be a BIG mistake, lol.
51. barondebxl (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Rush the S5? Thats a terrible idea. Reason why S4 has/had so much lag and issues was because it was rushed. Samsung should take their time and release a killer device like the Note 3 but with an updated UI, touvhwiz is getting really old.