Samsung marketing exec: Americans "obsessed with Apple, it’s time to change people’s attention"
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2012, 09:43 posted on
If you look at the smartphone market in the US, especially in this last quarter it becomes clear - people love the iPhone and it just continues growing at astounding rates. Samsung is the big challenger and its latest ad campaign…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
69. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Again, neither OS is better then the other. It's all about preference. That is what you do not understand.
71. nofan (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
I agree with you , But there is not so big secret of marketing. Secret is money and bribery.:) Go to whatever phonestore and you will see special stall for iphone in front of the door . Ask the stаff what phone they would recommend you and you will get the right answer. Go to some website to read review what is the best phone for you, and you will get the right answer . This is the 'powerful marketing campaign'. you are asking for.
No one of us hates Apple. It's a good brand. Normal people hates the sick iboys
Hope it helps.
83. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
When I see someone taking out an iPhone, I know:
1. He is not a good researcher
2. He is probably a show off
3. He likes simplicity over the fact that human minds can get used to complexity pretty quickly.
4. He is ready to spend money buying applications that should be free (yes, there are good paid apps - pay for them if they are really useful to you - or use the free one and if you like it, donate to the developer).
I've heard snobbish comments from iPhone owners like: (spouse to spouse in a gathering) why don't you click with the iPhone? (This is just one of MANY examples). I have not heard Android owners making such comments. In fact, i find Android owners quickly giving their phone to others to explore a bit - something like: "look, this is cool. Try it. You can also download it from the market."
86. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
So we have now begun generalizing people on the phone they have. Right. Where do I start...I have an iPhone. I have also had a few droids. I sell cellphones, and I can confidently say I know more then the average person. I did research on the next phone I wanted. I knew I had bad experiences with the lag with Android devices, granted they were toting the older OS's, but still. I wanted a nice, smooth device. Also, the assortment of accessories Apple has for their products is pretty awesome. I have never been a show off, nevermind with a PHONE?! Really? And when I bought my phone, I didn't care about flashing custom ROM's, customizing my phone etc. Although I have the desire to do so now, and will be switching to an Android device soon, that doesn't mean that everybody wants that. That's not to say that everyone wants everything to be as simple as possible. There are endless reasons why someone would get an iPhone. And about the apps, I have over 30 FREE apps that I use very often and I've only paid for a few more important ones. I have more apps on this phone than I did on my old Droid. I'm not sure where you learned your prejudices, but you should probably rethink them. Or stop following the "I hate iPhone user's" pack. It's getting old.
96. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Stop taking things personally.
4. I don't know what kind of apps you like but my friends with iPhones say that all really useful apps are paid ones.
3. I'm into customisation but not into ROMs. Yet, I find my Android giving me the same experience (I don't see a lag) as iOS. Stop following the "there is a lag in droids" pack.
2. I used "probably" and that "prejudice" is strongly built on the MANY experiences I have had with the attitude of people having iPhones. You sell phones. So, maybe you are different but what about those who BUY the iPhone? yes, people DO show off with their phones.
1. Again, you research because you sell them. I'm talking about the buyers.
70. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
RIGHT ON SAMSUNG!!
74. gkquiambao (Posts: 62; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Most iPhone users don't know anything about iPhone's internals. They only know that iPhone is popular and their gonna get one because it is popular and that's all there is to it.
90. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
You don't need to know anything about the internals. If it is fast, stable, and makes you happy, then that's all you need to know.
75. dorfoz (Posts: 149; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I got punked by Samsung's Galaxy S series. I'm using a 4s now and I still do like Android. If I do get an android phone, it'll be anything but a Samsung. That's how much I hate the company for abandoning it's customers.
Have a look at GS2 - Still no ICS, and they're already talking about GS3. It's the same scenario again from what happened to GS1. I do however, commend them for creating such an awesome phone, but without support, you'll be just using another Samsung feature phone for free because of the lack of updates!
77. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
like any other OEM has much to show at this point in time? its not all samsung you do realize? the carriers drag ass on updates causing months of delays. and as far as ICS goes for the i9100, its out there to test
79. dorfoz (Posts: 149; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I do realize this, and it's for profit. Carriers want us to buy the latest phone available with the latest OS. Hence the lack of updates. But the collaboration of Android, phone manufacturer and carrier isn't consumer friendly.
To attack Apple with these ads when your flagship phone SHOULD be well supported with the best possible goodies for at least 6 months to a year before another one comes out is ironic.
I didn't get" Samsunged", I got owned. Granted that the phone specs are amazing on paper but in the real world where consumers want the best and the *latest *, it failed. To say that the next big thing is here? It's actually not here yet.
Truly, it's such a great phone.. but it Samsung disappoints me not just on android but on WP as well. :(
84. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
So, how frequently does Apple send you the latest updates?
And what does you iPhone 4s have that SGS 2 doesn't? Does it have NFC?
92. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Actually Apple sends updates immediatly. That's the beauty of manufacturing the phones and the OS. Now the quality of the updates is another story....
80. dorfoz (Posts: 149; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And also to piggy back on what nyamo said. I do agree on no other oem has ICS but the GNexus. Even then, We all know ICS is the latest OS.. but, it's still not even out on ANY phone carrier but Gnexus.
GS2 latest? hah! These ads are for suckers who don't know much about phones.
85. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
True but ads are always for suckers, aren't they?