Samsung makes fun of Apple fans in new ad
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2011, 23:28 posted on
A new 60 second spot by Samsung depicts Apple fans as being sheep, something that Android users have accused them of being; the ad is supposed to show a line of Apple iPhone users waiting for the iPhone 4S, discussing the phone's sketchy battery life and the lack of a new hardware design...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
And that is why the 3GS on ATT is the second best selling handset in Q3:11. The best selling handset was the Apple 4, but it had 2 carriers offering it.
These facts don't lie that Apple devices continue to sell despite the 3GS being such a dated handset with outdated specs.
52. networkdood (Posts: 6247; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
3GS is free, but it is amazing how blind Americans are....
64. hepresearch (unregistered)
Welcome to the U.S. of A. It is because we are taught at a young age that, to be cool, you must conform to some ever-changing socially-accepted norm that evolves with age and time. If you are found to be the same as everybody else in the accepted norm, you are considered to be cool. If you are outside of that norm, you are apparently not cool. In order to know what that particular norm is on any given day for a particular brand of cool people, you must watch your television, check the internet, and rely on trusted certified-cool sources, and then go to the nearest cool store to acquire the cool resources that will secure your material coolness, the nearest cool education source that will provide your cool beliefs, and the nearest cool job that will supply money while giving you a cool career option. When you are done working, learning, and shopping for the day, you go to the nearest cool party that matches your particular brand of coolness in order to show off your coolness, and be certified as a cool person.
The iPhone and iPad seem to be considered to be super-cool by most right now. Android is also cool within certain large brands/circles of people. WP7, in time, will probably have a decent clique of followers as well. BlackBerry has had a shot at being the in-phone for a while as well, but they are losing their image as of late. WebOS never seemed to garner a whole lot of clout despite the ad campaigns with cool people involved... but Palm OS was a little like BlackBerry for a while early on. I don't think Symbian was ever considered to be cool in the US.
Bottom-line... cool sells in the US. As long as it works decent, looks cool, and offers something a little different from the previous half-decade definition of cool, it has a good chance of becoming the new cool for a while.
32. sdsfnehddfgsdfsd (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
apple were at d top of their game with the iphone 2g....now everyone has caught up with them and surpassed them
40. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Apple you woke up the Monster Samsung and now it's eating you!!!!
Now I know why apple has a bite... XD
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I can hear the stampede coming again. 5... 4... 3... 2...1.....
3. iDroidx650 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 May 2010)
LMAO. Coming from a iphone 4s user. this is so true. good s**t samsung. only thing i don't like about samsung phones are build quality and touchwiz looks too cartoony for me. but overal the gs2 are solid phones
10. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
yeah, those 2 things were enough for me to not get a Samsung phone, I just don't like them as much as other companies(Motorola) but still, they are very successful, and more popular than others and i'd choose them over apple anyday...
50. ElectroManiac (Posts: 47; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Talking about Samsung build quality you should defenitely check this video.
4. ojdidit84 (Posts: 252; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
\"Samsung? I could never get a Samsung... I\'m creative\"
\"Dude, you\'re a barista\"
5. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Lol, i laughed, it was funny, even though i love apple. we all have different opinions. Lets hope we can all laugh about this
25. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
yeah it was pretty funny. Still keeping my iPhone though......
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is funny but not surprise from Sammy.... since they cant have those long lines.. unless they camp outside giving them away like they did,,, they have to do something while Apple sits in his throne... waiting to wipe their smile of their faces with a lawsuit....
17. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
I agree with the lawsuit, I can't see apple giving them permission to use their phones and a "simliar*" store in a commercial that bashes them.
*can't tell if that actually is an apple store or a staged one*
86. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Can't say there is a Samsung store either...
8. Phonecall01 (Posts: 113; Member since: 02 Apr 2009)
Now that's funny. I wonder what Siri has to say about that !!
70. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Siri would probably say "Jealous much?" :)
82. andro. (Posts: 1935; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
So many sad apple fans in the one spot will hog the network and siri would fail to work,as usual
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
That is so TRUE!!
Good job, Samsung! You will always be #1 :)
81. ilikefastcars65 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
You probably have no color in your life. Can you get 4G LTE speeds on your iPhone 4S made of Samsung parts? No I didn't think so.
12. Netolic (Posts: 139; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Im currently on this site watching the video via my skyrocket. Yes its 4gLTE
14. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
More people are now realising that apple is sh*tty and overpriced that they/'ll even buy Nokia products so desperate to get rid of the IDope
41. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Correct!!! I's Rather buy Nokia 3310 than an iphone!!! XD
15. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
It's true sammy wins! and i still own Nokia N8
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well my comment on the commercial is that .... the SGSII has been out since June (excuse me US) **cough** since September and nothing has happened.... Chamsung has been releasing a SGSII variant every month to see if it excite anyone...hmmmm.. the HTC and now Moto has stole their thunder... the next big thing.. vs.. if you dont have an iphone...well you dont have the iphone....hmmm.. the more i know about copycat Chamsung.. the more I love my iphone 4 S... and thats the bottom line because Siri said so,.....
23. Sniggly (Posts: 6695; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
How are you digging the fact that the notification bar doesn't show that you have notifications until you actually pull it down?
And the S2 has been selling. It's not a wildfire, but it's selling. And as it starts to drop in price it'll sell more.
37. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Lol i changed the back in the settings. And i made email discrete its awsome.
27. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Are you even remotely aware of the fact that the SGS2 alone sold more than 10 million units during the 5 months it has been out?
Seriously - you sound like taco, sometimes.
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
iPhone 4S sold 4 million in one weekend. Sales estimates range between 20-40 million by December 31st.
45. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Thats because iShep will buy anything, even the 4s when its almost the same thing as the 4
49. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
@taco get over it your 4 million that was yesterday ( Apple ) today is Samsung's day
19. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Apple who lol, android means options, apple same old thing, when it comes to laptops and computers apple is good, when it comes to phones android is running things,
29. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
If iPhone was so completely irrelevant, why did Samsung just spend money on a 1 minute commercial criticizing iPhone? Chew on that for a while Mr.
20. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That's actually pretty funny. Almost as funny as the trouncing Samsung will take in sales over the next year.
24. Sniggly (Posts: 6695; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Do you really think that will happen? They may get edged out (like they did in the latest reports, by HTC no less) but not trounced.
Motorola, however, I fear for. They need to use the Razr as their benchmark and shake off 2011. If they keep their act together! 2012 could be the year they start posting a small profit again. If they falter again, though, they may get crushed.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
World sales Apple was 2nd to Samsung in the last quarter. For the year theyre quite a bit ahead. With iPhone 4s they will dominate.
31. jdcxxx (Posts: 15; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Apples sales were down last because the Q4 of the fiscal year ended in September before the 4s was released. The iphone 4 sales slowed due to the anticipation of a newer iphone. Apple's Q1 fiscal report will probably break records due more carriers having the iphone
58. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you mean like the trouncing samsung gave apple in the last quarter? :)
21. doubler86 (Posts: 317; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
This commercial is amazing, I love Samsung product they competely dominated this past year even against other android phones. I showed it to my friends that were apple fans and they even laughed at it.
Apple people can talk about the 3S and 4 outselling phone individually but when it comes to smartphone sales over all everyone is now second and lower to Samsung. 2012 will just get better
43. mubashirsoukat (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Oh really!!! Don\'t get too much comfortable there. 2012 will be the year of the iPhone.
22. hateftotti (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Just look at wondered i phailers faces :)
33. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This ad is disturbing. It is unbearably stupid, by simply recreating reality.
The real message is: all people are actually idiots - some of them are standing in lines, and the others are with them, telling them that they are standing in lines.
61. networkdood (Posts: 6247; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
LOL - Americans are too media driven nowadays, thanks to TWITTER and FACEBOOK and media outlets, youtube, online, etc. You have to approach stuff like this with a calm level head and not with an emotional response.
34. manuell3g (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
seriously,no screen technology comes close to superamoled....not even if its full hd lcd.sammy rocks apple sucks.ps,am typing frm an iphone3gs
44. mubashirsoukat (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Your just jealous because amoled doesn\'t even compete a bit with the retina display. Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
47. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
C'mon now, I'm a Droidfanboy and the iPos can still beat us in 1 department and that's screen quality, and they have since the 4. Resolution is all that matters
60. networkdood (Posts: 6247; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Disagree, my cappy is just as good as the iphone 4S with the old eyeball test.
63. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
not trading my SGS1 in for anything less than an SGS2 (or3) :) an iphone is most definately LESS than an SGS2.
you can talk sales all you want.. its meaningless. A product doesnt get better because it sells more and it doesnt get worse because it sells less..
lets talk features. oh.. dont wanna have that talk huh? lol
36. Mila16 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I've had a fascinate and now have an iPhone with verizon. I will stick with Apple right now. One good thing about apple is when a os update is available all phones get it unlike android you might be lucky if you get the next os update.
59. networkdood (Posts: 6247; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
That is the main thing I dislike about Android, except because it is out on several manufacturers, that is going to happen. So, you just go with the company that updates the best. Sammy and AT&T are poor at this...enter XDA!
Wonder how MOTO will be with VERIZON? I hear they are better.
38. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
This is unacceptable sammy attack apple not their fans. First they go on about how their the best and now people who don\'t buy from them are sheep. Grow up apple users arent sheep and this is a very trolly ad.