Samsung looking to change its smartphone naming scheme
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:06
S is to stay for the high-end phones in the Galaxy line, followed by a version number, and we will have other letters for the mid- to low-range ones. Bada OS will keep the Wave brand, and WP7 will keep Omnia, followed by numbers or letters...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. district11 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 05:52 3
Samsung looking to copy its smartphone naming scheme from apple :)
2. PeterIfromsweden posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:07 8
Apple looking to copy Galaxy S2 with iPhone 5 !
3. JayRaj posted on 12 Aug 2011, 06:47 4
I guess Apple just names its cellphone as iPhone. I don't think there's anything like "naming scheme" in that!! :P
9. taz89 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:20 0
how is that copying apple...why is when someone does something it always copying apple
14. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Aug 2011, 17:24 0
So lets get this straight. Apple and Apple only can have numbers at the end of their devices and Apple and Apple alone can make white and black devices. You sir are a fool.
5. Knicknevin posted on 12 Aug 2011, 07:19 3
I think this naming scheme will quickly become more confusing than anything currently around.
6. DROIDX0430 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 07:36 2
district11--how is this so? we are talking phones here--not computers.. the iphones names have been iphone, 3g, 3gs and iphone4 and next iphone5...how is this copying apple?
8. district11 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:03 3
And one more thing.... How is motorola copying iPad 2 :O ?
10. taz89 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:21 1
its a rectangle with a display thats how..
12. district11 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:59 1
And you are retard, so apple should sue you because you copy Steve Jobs !!!
11. jytype (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:28 1
pointless really since us carriers like to rename variants to cool names such as photon, hercules, super duper cosmic epic touch
13. Postal Jim (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 15:21 2
Maybe Apple should finally spread out and vary their phones. They could then name them: Fuji, Jonathon, Granny Smith, Red Delicious, and so forth. The Granny Smith could be a phone partnered with the Jitterbug!
15. dandirk posted on 24 Aug 2011, 08:26 0
I can see what samsung is trying to do... They are trying to brand the Galaxy name, more so then just including the Galaxy word...
Though that graphic looks like a graphic designer is really trying to get in the pants of the hot new marketer... M=Magical???? Apple get so much crap for that term... (as they should)... ha ha ha
I agree that this will become a mess for consumers... They have sort of the right idea, I think. Use Galaxy as a line of Android products, but instead of letter + # they should just come up with other names like they currently due... Galaxy SG II, Galaxy Zoom III, blah blah blah...