Samsung looking to change its smartphone naming scheme
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2011, 05:06 posted on
S is to stay for the high-end phones in the Galaxy line, followed by a version number, and we will have other letters for the mid- to low-range ones. Bada OS will keep the Wave brand, and WP7 will keep Omnia, followed by numbers or letters...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. district11 (Posts: 92; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Samsung looking to copy its smartphone naming scheme from apple :)
2. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Apple looking to copy Galaxy S2 with iPhone 5 !
3. JayRaj (Posts: 54; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I guess Apple just names its cellphone as iPhone. I don't think there's anything like "naming scheme" in that!! :P
9. taz89 (Posts: 2004; Member since: 03 May 2011)
how is that copying apple...why is when someone does something it always copying apple
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
So lets get this straight. Apple and Apple only can have numbers at the end of their devices and Apple and Apple alone can make white and black devices. You sir are a fool.
5. Knicknevin (Posts: 135; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
I think this naming scheme will quickly become more confusing than anything currently around.
6. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 409; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
district11--how is this so? we are talking phones here--not computers.. the iphones names have been iphone, 3g, 3gs and iphone4 and next iphone5...how is this copying apple?
7. district11 (Posts: 92; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Apple is suing apple for being a fruit xD
8. district11 (Posts: 92; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
And one more thing.... How is motorola copying iPad 2 :O ?
12. district11 (Posts: 92; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
And you are retard, so apple should sue you because you copy Steve Jobs !!!
11. jytype (unregistered)
pointless really since us carriers like to rename variants to cool names such as photon, hercules, super duper cosmic epic touch
13. Postal Jim (unregistered)
Maybe Apple should finally spread out and vary their phones. They could then name them: Fuji, Jonathon, Granny Smith, Red Delicious, and so forth. The Granny Smith could be a phone partnered with the Jitterbug!
15. dandirk (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I can see what samsung is trying to do... They are trying to brand the Galaxy name, more so then just including the Galaxy word...
Though that graphic looks like a graphic designer is really trying to get in the pants of the hot new marketer... M=Magical???? Apple get so much crap for that term... (as they should)... ha ha ha
I agree that this will become a mess for consumers... They have sort of the right idea, I think. Use Galaxy as a line of Android products, but instead of letter + # they should just come up with other names like they currently due... Galaxy SG II, Galaxy Zoom III, blah blah blah...