Samsung lists which of its US smartphones will receive Jelly Bean
0. phoneArena 04 Oct 2012, 08:27 posted on
Samsung lists the JB update for the Galaxy S III as "Coming Soon" for Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and U.S. Cellular. At this point, we were hoping there would be more of an official time frame given. Missing is any mention of the Samsung Galaxy S II sold in the US, as Samsung has already said the overseas model would receive Jelly Bean.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. TheDude13 (Posts: 12; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
What about the S2????????? U Got to be kidding me
9. deadinside (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
They just need to stop talking about it , and just get the updates out already.
61. Captain_Doug (Posts: 1003; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
My wife has it and i'm not sure how she hasn't thrown it against a wall many times... oh wait, she has... Such crap.
13. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
Your not missing much... Expandable notifications.. Google Now... Butter Project.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I think tlsmithsr was being facetious.
32. dejastar (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Ah sorry, hard to pick up on sarcasm on ze interwebs.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
In the U.S., 'coming soon' is due to carriers controlling the release of the update. The only manufacturer who gets to do their own release schedule is Apple.
20. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
my galy won't get any... even ics... wrong buy. my se xperia mini now has ics.
22. MartyK (Posts: 834; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Yeah, I think I will stay in the Nexus family..this waiting stuff, is waaaaay too long...
The U.S. Carriers need to be a shame of them self; I mean, that can give the customers a choice/option to download a version with or without their bloat ware, Come on now, some people has already brought their phones and sign their long a** contracts with them.
23. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
Only upgrade to Nexus devices so you don't have to wait.
24. ChafedBanana (Posts: 384; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Nexus 4 life, holmes! You couldn't pay me to use anything else.
27. dejastar (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Oh you crazy kids. Back in my day phones didnt have UI updates. Whats a couple of months wait?
29. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Oh nice, Samsung, just go ahead and don't list the Note.
31. dejastar (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
The note ll is jelly bean out the box boothang
34. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yes, I know. I'm talking about the first Note, the one I have. Granted, Samsung says the list is subject to change, but still.
41. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
AT&T is probably being mean to Sammy, hence no update schedule for Note I.
48. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
^this guy is a sad little man
35. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I personally believe if your phone has ICS, It should be upgraded to JB.
37. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
f**kING B.S. Next time i'm never going to buy a phone THAT PROMISE THE UPDATE. FCK ALL OTHER DEVICE. I'm waiting next year for a JELLY BEAN PHONE
42. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You might want to modify your purchase filter. Next year, JB might even be stale.
43. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Dude, I'm not even joking. You need some anger management counseling. You're always angry.
51. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Inspector does seem a bit animated. I am a bit surprised that he didn't pick up on delays in updates, though. This isn't the first (or second) time that a manufacturer has slipped their update schedule. Moto (and VZW) sure took their time with the ICS roll-out for the RAZR.
Not meaning to lecture, but if you want a particular O/S on a handset, don't buy the handset until the desired O/S is shipping with the handset.
38. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have had Jelly Bean on my CAPTIVATE - a SGS I, since August....
39. xoutrageousx (Posts: 70; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Welcome to Samsung, where we hate on Apple because they update phones that are over 3 years old...yet we don't that are just a few months old.