Samsung led the way with a 29% share of the global smartphone market in Q4
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2013, 21:16 posted on
Korean tech titan Samsung led the way with a 29% share of the worldwide smartphone market in the fourth quarter of 2012, according to the latest stats from researcher Canalys; of the 216.5 million smartphone units shipped in the three month period, 69% of them were Android models and if you throw in featurephones, Android still controlled 34% of the entire handset world in Q4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. cas_shekhar (Posts: 23; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
sammy is the father of all phone manufacturer now.
2. MrJerry (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Which one could be easier to be placed in third spot?
Taking some away from Samsung(29%) or Apple(22.1%) or Others(34.5%) ?
My answer is the last one, Others(34.5%) for quite a while
3. ca.nal.yst (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
My Q4 2013 prediction
Samsung 1 - 21% market share
Motorola 2 - 19% market share
Huawei 3 - 17% market share
Sony 4 - 16% market share
Lenovo 5 - 12% market share
.... 12 Apple - 1% market share
.... 14 BB - 0.5% market share
.... 18 Nokia - 0.1% market share
6. sonyisdead (banned) (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Motorola 19%, Sony 16%, Huawei 17%, Lenovo 12%, Apple 1%?
LOL thanks for the laughs, you are a great comedian
9. ca.nal.yst (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Steve Wozniak already said it... Apple is GOING DOWN!!!
Do you need another hint?
Perhaps a lighting strike on your head?
17. rex1213 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
That's very much unrealistic dude. You can't expect Apple to go down THAT fast.
In fact, it would take QUITE A LOT of CEO mistakes (Stephen Elop at Nokia, I'm looking at you) for a company as successful as Apple to go down drastically.
I'm not saying that there are no indications of trouble inside Apple but that's just way too pessimistic.
10. pyradark (Posts: 804; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
My Q4 2013 prediction(REVISED)
Samsung 1 - 21% market share
Apple - 18% market share
Sony - 13% market share
Nokia - 9% market share
LG - 8% market share
OTHERS - 31% market share
5. Johnnokia (Posts: 684; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Microsoft, Blackberry and Nokia ???
Are you comparing OS or Phone Manufacturer ??
Nokia is producing Symbian and Windows Phone.
This article does not make sense at all.
8. ca.nal.yst (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
It make sense... Nokia is a looser.
what sense do you want?
Microsoft = WP
Nokia = Symbian
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia refers to Symbian here.
Out of WP total, Nokia sold 4 million (given their in house report of 7 million smartphones sold ), while HTC did 1
11. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well well.. Microsoft 5.1 million phones.
That's just lower than even I have expected.
Thats THIRTY TIMES LESS than Google did!
All those Lumia 920 sold out stories become much clearer now - it's a low volume trick done by Nokia.
The demand was obviously still high, but with unlimited supply I don't think it would sell more than 4 million units.
14. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
you mean like the nexus 4 (lg only manufactured around 400,000 units in total) or the blackberry z10 ???
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sure, keep telling that to yourself, Microsoft lover.
There's NOTHING dodgy about them.
Nokia reported 7 million smartphone sales in their q4 report.
3M Symbians and 4M Lumias