Samsung launches MagnaCarta app for Jay-Z's album
0. phoneArena 24 Jun 2013, 13:34 posted on
Those owners of the Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S III and the Samsung GALAXY Note II who are fans of JAY-Z should head over to the Google Play Store and download the Magna Carta app that was posted today by Samsung; the first one million who use the app on July 4th will be allowed to receive for free the new Jay-Z album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, three days before the album drops in stores...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
"F" JayZ! Satanist. What does it profit a man to gain the whole world... And yet lose his Soul.
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3262; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Not a big fan, but what makes you think that?
9. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 232; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Well, he did start out as a drug dealer selling that POISON to the vulnerable...
11. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Survival of the fittest its no different then what Nike does or the NCAA
14. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Blink your eyes one time... That's about what a life time is for mortal man, compared to a life of eternity. I'm not the Judge. Here's a couple of his songs for you to check out, on YouTube.
Jay Z- D'evil (with Lyrics)
Jay Z- Lucifer (The meaning of the Lyrics)
Jay Z- New York (with Lyrics)
He says in a song "Jesus can't save You, Life begins when the church ends".
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Jesus can only save you if you believe him to be the son of god. Not believing him to be the son of god doesn't make you a satanist. That's from a Christian standpoint, how do we know that that's true? Christianity is one of many religions written by man. Gods way of life for his creation is submission to his will. Jesus never says in the bible, or Quran or any other book to be a Christian. He says to submit to, and pray to the one that sent him.
23. Whateverman (Posts: 3262; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Whoa! Did you just get deep on em' DJ? +10 my brotha.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Had to WM. They don't know that side of me, I try to keep it about tech.
28. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your profile pic says a lot too wink. +10 back atcha
25. uncman100 (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Mar 2010)
Christianity is not a religion, its a relationship. Man has thrown that word around and added our own twist to the word and the meaning. Just like everything else.
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's a man made religion uncman. Go back and look up King Ferdinand, King James. Your relationship with God is thru submission to his will, not thru these traditionalist religions that constantly contradict each other.
30. unknowntruthz (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Actually in the song he says "IFJesus can't save you, life starts when the church ends". Not that I support all of his songs, but I wouldn't go twisting words to make a point. That's what they did to common, who by the way, was an OG back in the day, but he turned his life around.
31. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The Lyrics SAYS "And Jesus can't save you..." So, that there is no mistake at 3:06 in the YouTube video SEE for yourself. I ain't twisting nothing, We'll all see on the Lord's Day.
2. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Jay-Z's best album in years. Producers Timbaland, Pharrell, Rick Rubin, and Swizz Beatz.
5. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Oh GIVE ME A F'KN BREAK with this Illuminati BULLSH!T. Lets be real for a minute ok?... They DO NOT allow Black/African-American's in the Illuminati. These people are BILLIONAIRES. They're doing just fine without Jay-Z.
7. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Yes, it's not like they're all going to stroll down the halls of the country club giving each other high-fives, fist bumps and back slaps with snaps (or other forms of brotherly "dap") like Wil Smith and Jazzy Jeff on The Fresh Prince!
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I've seen so many white men, Mexican men, and others do that. It's not brotherly...it's male. The more you post, the paint yourself as a racist. I still remember your "barf" comment about my skin color. SMDH
32. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
They should have a member ranking system and have you at the top. +10
15. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
But they will bring ppl who have influence over others and his fame has alot of influence
22. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Behind every multi-millionaire is a billionaire, so if he is allowed to amass a net worth of 500mil, somebody or some organization more powerful made 2 billion off of it as well.
6. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I wouldn't waste time on my Note 2 on that crap. I think his style of music is not only offensive and demeaning towards women but, his style of music is also passé. He manages to ruin all of that Beyonce' girl's songs; she seems like such a nice girl, I don't get what she sees in him. He's about as ugly as a male Whoopi Goldberg.
P.S. This app was posted to the Play Store [YESTERDAY] …
8. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 232; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Funny how people who can NOT :1) Read music 2) Write music 3) Sing 4) Play any instrument 5)...ad infinitum... demonstrate the audacity to call themselves musicians(???????). They program beats on a machine and call themselves the Heir to Beethoven! Really???? Can this J-Clown whose "rhymes" DON'T even rhyme, even play a REAL set of drums?
24. biophone (Posts: 1956; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
rappers don't play drums.
And did you really call him j-clown? I assume your referring to jay-z and not j-cole. Either way your wrong.
Listen to jay-z early work. It's brilliant. Rap is about lyricism, telling a story, spreading knowledge. Not all musicians plays drums.
Thats a narrow and idiotic view.
33. quakan (Posts: 1373; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
1) Many of the best producers all have backgrounds in music from a young age (i.e. music lessons from music teachers). 2) Writing out a composition is made easy now with technology. You can make music with the software writing the music for you at the same time. 3) Really? I could've swore Jay-Z was a rapper and never claimed himself as a singer. Oh and Pharell is a successful singer, rapper, and producer. 4) Read bullet point number one. 5) ad infinitum as well buddy.
I think what your issue is, is that you lack the ability to appreciate music outside of your culture and comfort zone. The thing about music is that all forms of music take in what is found best in other music forms and genres and add it into one composition. Quick question, does Jay-Z even need to play the drums to be able to rap? I didn't know that was an entrance requirement.
10. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
You got me on #5 but, I like the way it sounds. BTW, to answer your question: doubt it!!
12. cleatglitch (Posts: 70; Member since: 25 May 2013)
thanks everyone for there comments. ..they where fun to read. ..athanks alan for posting
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 21349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Say what you want. Jigga is paid...by Sammy too!