Samsung keeps its 30% share in smartphones, Apple shrinks in Q1
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 05:51 posted on
According to a new survey made by DRAMeXchange, which is a division of research company TrendForce, Samsung has managed to keep its dominant 30% share in Q1 2013, but some of the other major players have seen their shares shrink a bit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Keep the Apple good news coming...LOL
9. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
iphonearena will jump on team android soon I bet
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Poor Apple, it is going down to the sinkhole! xP
3. oister85 (Posts: 480; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Yeah apple wont go down without a fight and also has an enormous strength of $
4. twens (Posts: 963; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I dont love apple but I need them to stay on top so android manufacturers can continue to give us much better hardware at a cheaper price.lol
15. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
That is so true.
but a lot of dmb ass ppl don't understand the concept in it.
18. tedkord (Posts: 10675; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
We understand perfectly, we don't want Apple to die. We want them to innovate, and stop stifling innovation of others, so we don't have the cost of hundreds of lawsuits built into our smartphone price tags.
22. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i don't think so. the lawsuits made samsung a better company. without them, we wouldn't have seen the galaxy s3 and galaxy s4. real samsung innovation started when apple complained. apple was able to prevent the sales of the s2 but not the S3 because it was already a different device with much better features despite the ugly look.
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Go Android, Samsung ®FTW®
And Apple going down south, tumbling! Hahahaha Lmfao™
16. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
The new galaxy Sfall is the NEXT BIG FLOP!! LOL
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
keep dreaming dude.. =]
7. Aeires (unregistered)
Didn't expect to see Nokia slipping lower, they released a lot of phones but the results don't look promising. NTC, no surprise.
8. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
you would think apple would learn what the others are doing by now: Cheaper and better then the iphone. While apple continues to make the same phone over and over with marginally better hardware android manufactures upped it each and every year by an entire generation.
11. ideal_josh (Posts: 33; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
And to think that the galaxy s4 wasn't even released and the iPhone5 was just released. Well that says it all Apple
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wow, this in the pre-Galaxy S4 quarter, which is very impressive, where Apple shrinks when they supposed to be selling many fresh iPads and iPhones.
13. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Nokia's still #3 by volume (and this is smartphone-only), so quite good news. Expect to see them in the double-digits again soon, hopefully taking apple's place.
14. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Nokia dropped to 4.3%. Compared to last year, it really isn't good news. Good news from Sony and LG tho... LG is at least on the map now, Sony rose .3%. The year isn't over yet. The marketshare could change drastically by the end of this year. Too early for this report.
23. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
not really good news from sony. i thought they would at least overtake the chinese manufacturers because the xz was supposedly a hit. sony was once reported to be the 3rd best selling smartphone manufacturer in the third quarter last year.
they need to do a better job in the next quarter.
17. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
My beloved RIM isn't even on the graph of 2013! :(