Samsung investigating update to KitKat for a bunch of older midrangers like the S III mini or Ace 2
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1916; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Samsung is the best android manufacturer when it comes to giving out updates
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's why many love Sammy. They care about their consumers.
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And haters where like they are worst in updtaes...They are the only one who updates midrangers so they are very popoular in india...sony too update some midrangers but most of times it makes phone useless with bugs and they take another three month to fix those bugs...
2. mercorp (Posts: 992; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Hopefully they will tone down their touchwiz hi with kit kat
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1052; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Same goes for LG too. Conducted a speed test between Sony Xperia J and Lg Optimus L7 (both have similar specs) and the Xperia J is way faster, even when scrolling through a list
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
What about Galaxy Young? it has 768 MB of RAM, Sammy please provide update for this also.
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Galaxy S3 Mini and Galaxy Ace 2 both have more than 512mb RAM. S3 Mini has 1GB and Ace 2 has 768mb , they must get 4.4.
Think it maybe down to the CPU/GPU driver support now.
8. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
how about galaxy note 10.1 last year edition, mine out of the box with 4.0.4 and now running 4.1.1
9. skymitch89 (Posts: 1199; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
If they upgrade their mid-range devices, then they should upgrade all their previous high-end devices (aka the Galaxy S & S2 and all their variants) to KitKat. I'm sure that my phone, the S2 Epic Touch, is more than capable of running KitKat & TouchWiz.
10. zekes (Posts: 222; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
So there is no reason why the Nexus S can't get an update
15. BREvenson (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 May 2012)
The only reason I could think of is that Samsung may not see the potential in upgrading a 3 -year-old device. Seeing how much support and fan love it has gotten up to this point, though, it could indeed be a benefit for Samsung to show this old dog some love.
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
ace2 moved from 2.3 to 4.1
now it ll be great if samsung make it to 4.4
13. YPapazyan (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
aaaaaaaah think before to wright something. who sad thay samsung is the bast android manufacturer for update?????? if he is the bast, where is my update for galaxy note 2???????????????? still runing 4.1.2 version. don't get me wrong i love my phone and everything works fine on my device but i am geting angry when somebody saing that ohhhh samsung is the best and they care about there custumers. they don't care belive me. every single minute that intradusing new smartphone . can you tell me who need that much smartphone and in real they are not different from each other they are the same.
17. Saintmarino (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
FYI 4.3 JB update is already seeding to Galaxy note 2 (I'm a user myself and have updated). Maybe you should check for the software update first?
14. Cyberchum (Posts: 505; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
And yet my SGS2 with 1GB RAM won't get the f'kin kitkat and they won't just give out the exynos source code to aid it's community development, way to go.
16. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
so Galaxy S advance might get kitkat and the S2 wont?..
18. Arunshaw (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Mar 2014)
I didn't think that samsung gonna give any update to core and device having less specification from it cause we get this news 3 month ago. Bt till now we didn't get any news were samsung provide kitkat to these listed devices or not .....in fact other manufacturer starting given new android version updates to there mid range phones.....like sony xperia m is getting 4.3 atleast.....in samsung galaxy family phones having less specification then core having having 4.2.2
Wrost samsung at least they will provide the info. That they update this device or not