Samsung introduces two anti-theft features for the Verizon and U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5
0. phoneArena 06 Apr 2014, 17:06 posted on
Samsung is adding two new anti-theft features to the Samsung Galaxy S5. Neither of them is a "Kill Switch," which is what law enforcement officials would prefer. A bill that would mandate the inclusion of a "Kill Switch," is currently awaiting action in the Senate. By allowing a phone to be remotely shut down, it could be less of a target for thieves, who would have no place to sell the fruits of their illegal activity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sauce (unregistered)
"Find My Mobile" lol. They might as well call their phone color iPhone Black.
11. Synack (Posts: 672; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
You'd figure they would call it "Find My Galaxy"
14. Sauce (unregistered)
That's really asking for it lol
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 15531; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Anti theft is designed to stop the theft of the device. Such as a kill switch to keep a car from starting and going in gear. This is not anti theft, the person is. Try and take mine without a gun, and the jedster will go hulk on that a$$
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's anti-theft cause if the thief knows the device is useless due to the kill switch, he/she won't risk 5 years in jail for nothing, hence stopping him/her for going for the crime. Which is why it's called anti-theft, quite logical.
6. true1984 (Posts: 688; Member since: 23 May 2012)
thats called a theft deterrent. it doesnt actually prevent theft, it just makes people think twice
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 15531; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You hit the nail on the head. There's a huge difference, _Bone_ just wanted to discredit my post, he's a hater. +1 for knowing the difference bro
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 15531; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
"If"? When he pulls a gun on you, and demands your phone, is he thinking if? When he runs by, and snatches it without even knowing which phone it is, is he thinking if? If you simply want to discredit my post, you should think first.
9. MrOCD (unregistered)
Apple - Find My iPhone
Samsung - Find My Mobile
Apple - Activation Lock
Samsung - Reactivation Lock
LOL Am I the only one who noticed this?
13. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
I see, you smell $2 billions here. Right?
Must tell you, that we have this on our Galaxys long before S5.
10. Augustine (Posts: 955; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Ahem, any Android device can install Device Manager to locate and wipe it out remotely: http://goo.gl/qHpG0P
12. TheNeighbor (Posts: 143; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Install Cerberus and you can get pictures of whoever stole your device.
16. greenlife (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
the samsung phone in the picture looks very cool