Samsung introduces third Samsung Galaxy Grand model, this time with quad-core 1.4GHz processor
0. phoneArena 25 Jan 2013, 23:46 posted on
Last month, Samsung introduced the Samsung Galaxy Grand, an Android model with a 5 inch screen and WVGA resolution for an underwhelming pixel density of 186ppi and additionally, the device had a 1.2 dual-core processor; another variant of the device was offered by Sammy with a dual SIM option and now a third version has been introduced for South Korea with a quad-core 1.4GHz processor and LTE connectivity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Samsung Grand will have tough time competing against just announced Quadcore Micromax A116 as many would opt for Micromax A116.
3. umadd (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
confirmed for having no knowledge of economics
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes price 15000 of A116 is greater than 21000+ of Grand ... I flunked in economics :D
6. MC1123 (Posts: 1236; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
micromax is just a company from india.. and its quad core is powered by mediatek, so it will be surely be cheaper..but this one has LTE on it and selling point, its name, samsung...
i believe that people now just buy samsung coz it is the only relevant name in their mind when it comes to android
19. Adithya7184 (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
india has 4G LTE, powered by Airtel. but it only accessible through USB dongle..but, recently Huawei launched a phone with 4G LTE in kolkata...
7. predator93 (Posts: 121; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Your talking from an perspective of an Indian customer, Micromax is not a familiar name outside of India and a few more countries. Lenovo, Huawei etc provide tougher competition to Samsung than Micromax. Personally I feel Galaxy Grand duos is priced good for a samsung phone in India and its definitely ahead of s advance which is selling really well.
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Outside China Lenovo has highest "Brand Presence". However their share on Mobile market is minimal and they plan to get hold of 10% in next two years. Micromax is one of top tablet vendor in India with 18% share with Samsung second at 13%. In phone segment it's third largest behind Samsung and Nokia.
20. Adithya7184 (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
micromax having 18% tablet market share....can u prove it???
they just bring motherboards and displays from china.....and sells it in India...
all the manufacturers like micromax,karbonn,lava,etc.....are same.....don't compare it with Samsung... Samsung have their own brand name....
18. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Outside China Lenovo has highest Biggest brand presence in India.
10. rihel_95 (Posts: 211; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Don't know, but PA should start reviewing Micromax Canvas 3 A116, coz Canvas 2 sold out here like hot pancakes, and its good too!
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 891; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I agree with predator there, Micromax only sells in India, so it´s not that interesting for most of the people in this site.
But I would like to see more PA reviews of some other brands like Huawei, Lenovo or ZTE that have international versions.
2. D.Aceveda (Posts: 359; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
The screen kills it. To keep costs down, why not use a 4'3inch screen with the same res...like on the GS2? 5' inches and that res is just ridiculous.
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1357; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The third version of the galaxy grand seems like that it is a skorea exclusive, it might be a bonus of samsung to their homeland
8. supersammyfans (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
What i dislike of Apple, too little choices, what i dislike of Samsung these days.... Too many varieties, you just can't keep up on them...
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 10545; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sammy's slowly starting to put out more of the same. Simply rebadging the s3/note2 into a hybrid. I think all eyes will b on apple this year, and they had better deliver.
13. ajac09 (Posts: 1363; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I can see a small US carrier getting this or maybe even one of the big boys as an alternative to the note line.
14. Rexperia (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
what..... 5" only with WVGA resolution, no way...