Samsung introduces 6.7-inch Galaxy Note 2 Quad: “because we can”
0. phoneArena 01 Apr 2012, 09:20 posted on
Samsung's 5.3-inch Galaxy Note pushed the boundaries of what we think is a phone, but if you think Samsung's innovations stop here, you're dead wrong…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
i m gonna pass sgs III for this beast:)
happy april fools:D
3. redmd (Posts: 977; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yay, I want one, but today is just the first of April so...
4. djripster (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
PhoneArena seams to be on a roll with their April Fool jokes...
5. gemmabba (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 May 2011)
"We just wanted to make a phone that is twice bigger than the iPhone"
seriously??? why are you so obsessed with apple? leave them be, dont imitate how they run business
44. Nathan (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Wait, you do realize this is an April Fools joke right?
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Ah, this made my day. I'm stuck at work so I'll probably come back every once in a while just to read the "Tim" quote and perk my day up. Better than 5 Hour Energy.
14. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i'm at work as well... i could DEFINITELY use that "5 hour energy" zzzzz hahaha but i must admit this article did wake me up!
7. hung2900 (Posts: 843; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
In fact 6.7 inch is nearly 4 times bigger than iphone, not 2 times!
9. abdane (Posts: 481; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
dafauq ??? the iphone is 3.5 ... 3.5 x 2 = 7 !!! HOW ITS NEARLY 4 TIMES ???
56. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This really puts everything into perspective, my next calculator will be an iPhone.
60. remixfa (Posts: 14252; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if your measuring surface area, its more than 2x. might not be 4x, but its definitely more than 2x.
someone who is taking algebra/trig needs to come in with the equasion. its a lot more than 3.5x2 = 7 lol
62. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Well you have to take the area so you have to find the length of each side. Assuming each phone is a square which its not but that makes the calculations easier. 2x^2=3.5^2 derived afrom a^2 +b^2=c^2 assuming a and b are a square which they aren't. So x = about 2.5 and that times 2.5 is 6.125 is the area of the iphone in cubic inches i guess. Times four would be 24.5 and the square root of that is 5. Usig a^2 +b^2 =c^2 assuming squared 5^2 +5^2=c^2 c = 7 so a 7 inch phone is four times more sa then the iphone. Since i assumed both phones are a square i don't thin it matters. Feel free to check but i am fairly good at math. Taken up to calc freshman in college. 770 on sat math 760 math 2 sat 2 4 ap calc so u can trust me.
64. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I did some calks for fun...
A 4.3 inch phone has a screen that is 1.5 times bigger then the iPhone.
A 5.3 inch phone has a screen 2.3 times bigger then the iPhone
A 6.7 inch phone has a screen about 3.7 times bigger then the iPhone. All these numbers are rounded albeit it should be accurate assuming my square thing is valid. I will do the galaxy nexus for fun so
4.65 inch phone has a screen a 1.8 times bigger screen then the iPhone.
(if anyone is interested the iPad has a 7.7 times bigger screen then the iPhone.)
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 14127; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U need to go back to math class dude. 3.5x2=7... So 6.7 isn't even twice as big.
32. frommars (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
it's nearly 4 times bigger than iphone do the math again.
53. starandmountain (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
frommars is right,
if you've got a 7 inch screen you need four 3,5 inch screens to fill a 7 inch screen, it is diagonal. if you draw in on a paper. you'ill see frommars is right;)
8. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
victor got a chance to bash samsung in the name of April fool's day.
10. Walter.D.DROID (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
damn this day I guess :@ they could joke with something related with iPhone -.-
I have a Galaxy Note and expecting a sequel, but not 6.7inch, my guess is that, it will be between 5.5-6inch and all the way with quad :P
27. Gcombs (Posts: 133; Member since: 22 Aug 2011)
I'm guessing the same 5.3 but with the borderless design so it makes it smaller in design but with that nice screeen.
47. Walter.D.DROID (Posts: 25; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
hmmm, i would like it that screen a little more bigger, 5.8inch maybe, but we will see about that, if it even will there be a sequel, Samsung Galaxy Note II? dreams for now, atleast we can imagine how it goes when the specs (and SGS3 itself) for SGS3 are finally unveiled -.-' quad core, ice cream sandwhich or jelly bean are a must, oh and a little bump on the screen resolutions! 1280x800 on the note 10.1 was a let down :@
12. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
They haven't made a 5.3" Windows Phone yet. lol
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This is no more absurd than a 5.3 inch screen
18. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Noooooooooooooooo. It was so peaceful...
24. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
It's no April fools joke. Taco is back.
51. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Poor taco, nobody loves you.. hahaha
25. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
i was about to say the same. i really hope its a PA prank
36. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Shh cryPhone user. stick to your un superior phone :P
20. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Happy April Fools day ..
AH......come on ... you cuda said IPHONE is coming with another magical device with 4'3 screen a IPS+ DISPLAY with LTE connectivity and a powerhouse quadcore.. A15 :/
but no .. it had to be an android...
22. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
is that really TACO?? ah i missed his i-fanboyism...
33. ilia1986 (unregistered)
If this is really you - we should start a community countdown until you are banned again..
40. cripton805 (Posts: 1127; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Im down... lol
idk why, but im in! Trolling is tastey.
43. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
and there i was happy we would get a kick outa this :/
28. cripton805 (Posts: 1127; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Ill brick them to build my house... trololol
30. greenrolaids (Posts: 49; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
im sure the child at gizmodo will write another rant about this article too.
He called the 5 million galaxy note users idiots and fools.
31. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
PA had me going for a sec. Shame on you pa.
34. M1K3YWR19H7 (Posts: 18; Member since: 31 Jan 2011)
This is either the best april fools joke ever oorrrr its my boys over at SAMSUNG doin what they do best. They have the funniest commercials and ads going against the iphone and I love it. SO FUNNY!!!!
35. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Quad core? I'm more interested in the SGS IV with it's Octo-Core processor
38. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Why Samsung wasted too much money on 6.7" instead of using existed 7" or 7.7" super AMOLED?
39. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
phonearena got me there until i clicked on the source link......
But seriously i enjoyed tim cock's quote.
59. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He's described as an epic hater in this article!
48. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
well if not a joke it will be perfect phone,just i need to know the price
50. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This is definitely an April iFools joke. If you believe this then why not wait on the just announced iPhone 4SX with a 3.65" Super iRetina display and 513MB of RAM.
52. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Woaw! i cant wait to get one. when is it available? Thats my dream phone