Samsung intends to fight Apple's product ban request against the Galaxy S III in the US
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2012, 09:13 posted on
Samsung plans to "demonstrate to the court that the Galaxy S III is innovative and distinctive", which it is to do before June 21, when the Galaxy S III is supposed to hit shelves on most major US carriers. This will give its sales a head start against Apple's next iPhone, whenever it launches this year, and if Cupertino succeeds with the preliminary ban, things can get ugly, considering how long these lawsuits take to be resolved...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
I am going to smash my iPhone 4S if i have one.. and get a Samsung SIII! Go SAMSUNG! GO ANDROID! BEAT APPLE AND THEIR SELFISH AND CORRUPT WAYS TO MONOPOLIZE THE SMARTPHONE MARKET! SAMSUNG FTW! APPLE BOOOOOOOOO!
223. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
thanks! Since apple has gone this far, Samsung shall fight till they win!
255. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I would not hate apple, but this is just insane, they charge to much ! not only that, they flame other companies without hesitation not knowing they've copied alot of things themselves, some people just don't know this...
41. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Extremely pathetic. I hope everyone sues Apple right before they release the iPhone 5 to give them a taste of their own medicine!
42. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I was just watching the latest Mission Impossible...in all the series I happily noted a great variety of smartphones and laptops...
"Hey Tom! Pass me the file! The humanity depends on this!
Tom: "I can't. Bluetooth is not working."
257. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Samsung is pathetic for copying Apple.
259. hepresearch (unregistered)
If Android with Samsung's Nature UI skin really is as awful as all the trolls and fanboys say it is, then calling it a copy of iOS by Google and Samsung and not realizing what you are REALLY saying is equally pathetic.
215. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
They will lose soon, it's almost time.
4. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Apple is stupid. S-Voice is powered by V-Lingo and is an upgrade to their long standing android voice navigation app.
Apple, you didnt invent voice nav, you dont own all the voice nav in the world simply because you bought Nuance and are calling Siri an "apple product".
The only thing Apple is really hoping to accomplish realistically is a delay in SGS3 sales. They know the lawsuit is trash, and thats what shows how piss poor and rotten the company is. bully litigation.
This is why we need a "loser pays" system in America to protect companies against frivolous lawsuits.
29. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Agreed! they acquired Siri Inc and start saying like this is their proprietary features. Apple. you didn't invent this feature, you just acquired it.
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Did you know Google bought android. Google didn't invent anything they just bought android.
52. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Just pointing out the fallacy in that logic
79. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
The difference is that Google didn't buy Android and then go around suing everyone trying to ban products saying they did it first...
You are such an idiot.
88. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well they can't sue when the whole OS is copied. Nothing original there to sue about.
38. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you taco speak the truth.. thank you..
174. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, like always, he doesnt.
Google bought android way back in version 1.2ish..
google has since invented quite a few things through android... otherwise android would still be like it was back in those OG devices.. and it definitely is not. In fact, Android is NOTHING like what it was back in the day, so its safe to say Google REinvented the whole OS from scratch.. MULTIPLE times.
187. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nothing is like back in the day... not cars. cell phone... nothing. except. RIM lol.. don't know much about Android back in the day but Google is no different than Apple..
192. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Really? iOS5 is nearly identical to iOS2 with some minor improvements and new apps. Under your own comment, Apple is the new Blackberry. See how far that got blackberry?
Android 2.0 and android 4.0 are nothing alike.
206. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nearly identical and the same are two different words,..
besides even with minor changes.. check the sales figures.. imagine bigger changes... are you following me?.. lost you huh..
254. durag1 (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Yea gallitoken, You check the sales! Samsung S3 blew away the iphone in sales in the uk. And before that, Galaxy S2 was #1 Check it out! Apple Sucks!!!
40. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1473; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This argument is old, Android has changed significantly since then and you know it. Can't say the same for iOS
50. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So Siri is exactly the same as the day Apple bought it? I'm just trying to show you how stupid this logic is that Apple isn't innovative because they bought a company.
And you're right android changed from an blackberry clone to an iOS clone v
62. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1473; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You don't have to show me anything. I know Apple can be innovative but Siri is not one of those times. I suppose anything with rows of icons is an iOS clone in your eyes, guess that means my Windows desktop is a clone...
175. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, Siri is WORSE than when apple bought it according to people that had the app before it became part of iOS5.
51. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Did you know Apple bought itunes?
renamed to itunes when Apple purchased it?
53. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
...now tell us, exactly who is android suing? Which phones are Android trying to have banned?
60. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Hard to sue when you're busy copying
68. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Yes taco, google bought a blackberry like os, then in 2007 they released a prada like os within 6 months of another prada like os. Then in 2008 they changed that os a lot. Then in 2009, 2010, and 2011 they upgraded even more. With the bigest upgrade being in 2011. Apple on the other had "invented" the prada like os. And in 2008 "revolutionized" the same os by adding a few pointless feature. Then in 2009, and 2010 added some new features that they also claim to have "invented". Then in 2011 claimed to "inovate" and add a lot of features designed to catch up with android. So google bought a weak os and changed the entire system multiple times, while apple invented some new features to add to a good idea, and barely changed it, since 2007.
80. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're going to compare prada OS to an iPhone. It shows you're not tech savvy and therefore probably an android user
117. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
It really is not a ridiculous comparison. Both were original touch screen phones, both had rows of apps, although on the prada you had to hit the menu button to view them. Both were supposed to revolutionize the mobile industry. Both had a similar ppi. Both had a 2 mp camera. Both had the ability to download games. Both had a fairly good browser. Both doubled as mp3 players. Although I will admit the iphone had a better ui, they were similar phones. And probably the two most inovative phones ever. (Although i do think the Prada was more unique). Also i notice you did not deny any of my points. You simply said I was not tech savy, which in many ways is true. I had to look up more facts apout the prada to make this post bc i did not know all the facts so i had to check them.
153. poikilo (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
iPhone comes close to beating only a prada OS thats why king is comparing...........
246. FunkyEyez (Posts: 9; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
coz you think that being hooked to all those ish*t that apple force you to believe that you need make you super tech???
85. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
The difference is Google didn't go out and sue companies with Android patents. They just used it to make superior products to Apples offerings.
90. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No they took android which was a blackberry clone at the time and reverse engineered iOS.
Hey ggogle nice job on copying Apple and throwing on a couple of half baked features like widgets and live wallpaper that destroyed battery life and made the phones laggy as hell.
135. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4616; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...reverse engineered iOS."
Hahaha like 1 2 3.... :D
The truth is that you don't know a s**t about what are you talking...
136. Whateverman (Posts: 3162; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Google saw the trend coming and adapted, The same way Apple saw what Palm and Windows Mobile OS did with touchscreens. So your argument is really flimsy.
Its funny how a the things you listed are things that many iPhone users not only say they want but many of which actually void their warranties and jailbreak their phones to get. Apple is even changing iOS to look more like Android and other OS's as well.
156. poikilo (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Hey apple nice job making me feel like a baby by telling me wat to do and wat not.....oooooo i like it....Grow up taco iOs is outdated like s**t... same stupid layout for 5 yrs.....nah.....thats not the quality of a smartphone maker............
220. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Bitch i have live wallpapers and widgets my phone dont lag or slow down its faster then my brothers 4s
221. xcasasx (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Bitch i have live wallpapers and widgets my phone dont lag or slow down its faster then my brothers 4s
247. tedkord (Posts: 3939; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Reverse engineered iOS, eh? More of your tech knowledge? Still waiting to eat my words about user agent spoofing. How's that e-mail coming along?
BTW, again - every review site on ICS phones - ZERO lag. Great battery. Better rating that the iPhone. How does that taste?
101. plgladio (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Well said taco, but they are not suing anyone do they?
148. poikilo (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Correction taco....google was one of the leaders in the open source agreement with samsung and htc and a few others...google just took everything to control...no harm done.....google did a lot to android dev...
224. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Shut up Taco. We all know you are an apple fan boy, and u are shielding the pampered, demanding company.
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
S voice, it's sad because Samsung doesn't even try to pretend they don't copy. They also came out with S cloud right after Apple.
Make sure to watch WWDC on June 11th to see the future of Apple... and Samsung.
36. ian132 (Posts: 28; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Dude evrybodys goin to the cloud. Ever heard of Dropbox
43. taz89 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol mate the ''cloud'' existed long before apple please dont say you think apple also invented the ''cloud''
46. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Why does Samsung need S cloud when android already has cloud services. Why do they need S voice
65. tedkord (Posts: 3939; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
As I stated earlier, with Vlingo and other voice rec/control, Android was already heading toward a talking phone. It was obvious, and their voice rec was way ahead of Apple's. Apple saw this, bought up Siri and rushed it to production, which is why you've got such a half-baked beta app that's inspiring lawsuits from users because it doesn't work as advertised. I thought Apple didn't release beta software.
How does Siri work? It's not AI. Don't fool yourself. It simply feeds your input to Wolfram Alpha, and uses text to speech to read what Wolfram returns. It also has some canned responses built in (like when you ask what the best smartphone of all time is, Apple doesn't want you getting the actual answer that is returned.
72. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Actually Siri is ai. Read up on it.
Are you jealous? Siri is the standard in voice on smartphones now and Apple will pull further ahead very soon.
112. true1984 (Posts: 493; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I think the only real downfall to siri is that it was available on iPhone4 until apple decided to buy it and use it as an incentive for you to buy the 4s
241. durag1 (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Wow, Apple has brain washed you! You really do believe in apple! They are so out dated and why they are taking everyone to court to keep the better phones off the market. iphone has 800mhz cpu? Wow, that is like half of other phones cpu. Do they have 4G? Oh right. They don't. Changeable to extended battery or memory card? NO! That is so retarded. Oh, they do have wifi. I'm impressed!!! Keep spending money on their crap but not me ever! Workers make $8 dollars per iphone made while Samsung pays $32 per phone. Like sweat shop pay for iphone thats made in china where them good hand tools are made!!!? Quit crying and just build a better phone and pay your workers more!!!!!!!! Phone is way over priced anyway!
249. tedkord (Posts: 3939; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Siri not AI. Wolfram Alpha comes closer, and Siri piggybacks off it, but it's not AI. You should read up on it once you're done reading up on user agent spoofing.
Apple only pulls ahead by banning the superior products. It's all they've got left in their arsenal.