Samsung intends to fight Apple's product ban request against the Galaxy S III in the US
0. phoneArena 07 Jun 2012, 09:13 posted on
Samsung plans to "demonstrate to the court that the Galaxy S III is innovative and distinctive", which it is to do before June 21, when the Galaxy S III is supposed to hit shelves on most major US carriers. This will give its sales a head start against Apple's next iPhone, whenever it launches this year, and if Cupertino succeeds with the preliminary ban, things can get ugly, considering how long these lawsuits take to be resolved...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
I am going to smash my iPhone 4S if i have one.. and get a Samsung SIII! Go SAMSUNG! GO ANDROID! BEAT APPLE AND THEIR SELFISH AND CORRUPT WAYS TO MONOPOLIZE THE SMARTPHONE MARKET! SAMSUNG FTW! APPLE BOOOOOOOOO!
223. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
thanks! Since apple has gone this far, Samsung shall fight till they win!
255. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I would not hate apple, but this is just insane, they charge to much ! not only that, they flame other companies without hesitation not knowing they've copied alot of things themselves, some people just don't know this...
41. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Extremely pathetic. I hope everyone sues Apple right before they release the iPhone 5 to give them a taste of their own medicine!
42. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I was just watching the latest Mission Impossible...in all the series I happily noted a great variety of smartphones and laptops...
"Hey Tom! Pass me the file! The humanity depends on this!
Tom: "I can't. Bluetooth is not working."
257. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13419; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Samsung is pathetic for copying Apple.
259. hepresearch (unregistered)
If Android with Samsung's Nature UI skin really is as awful as all the trolls and fanboys say it is, then calling it a copy of iOS by Google and Samsung and not realizing what you are REALLY saying is equally pathetic.
215. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
They will lose soon, it's almost time.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Apple is stupid. S-Voice is powered by V-Lingo and is an upgrade to their long standing android voice navigation app.
Apple, you didnt invent voice nav, you dont own all the voice nav in the world simply because you bought Nuance and are calling Siri an "apple product".
The only thing Apple is really hoping to accomplish realistically is a delay in SGS3 sales. They know the lawsuit is trash, and thats what shows how piss poor and rotten the company is. bully litigation.
This is why we need a "loser pays" system in America to protect companies against frivolous lawsuits.
29. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Agreed! they acquired Siri Inc and start saying like this is their proprietary features. Apple. you didn't invent this feature, you just acquired it.
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Did you know Google bought android. Google didn't invent anything they just bought android.
52. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Just pointing out the fallacy in that logic
79. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
The difference is that Google didn't buy Android and then go around suing everyone trying to ban products saying they did it first...
You are such an idiot.
88. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well they can't sue when the whole OS is copied. Nothing original there to sue about.
38. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you taco speak the truth.. thank you..
174. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually, like always, he doesnt.
Google bought android way back in version 1.2ish..
google has since invented quite a few things through android... otherwise android would still be like it was back in those OG devices.. and it definitely is not. In fact, Android is NOTHING like what it was back in the day, so its safe to say Google REinvented the whole OS from scratch.. MULTIPLE times.
187. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nothing is like back in the day... not cars. cell phone... nothing. except. RIM lol.. don't know much about Android back in the day but Google is no different than Apple..
192. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Really? iOS5 is nearly identical to iOS2 with some minor improvements and new apps. Under your own comment, Apple is the new Blackberry. See how far that got blackberry?
Android 2.0 and android 4.0 are nothing alike.
206. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nearly identical and the same are two different words,..
besides even with minor changes.. check the sales figures.. imagine bigger changes... are you following me?.. lost you huh..
254. durag1 (Posts: 35; Member since: 29 May 2012)
Yea gallitoken, You check the sales! Samsung S3 blew away the iphone in sales in the uk. And before that, Galaxy S2 was #1 Check it out! Apple Sucks!!!
40. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This argument is old, Android has changed significantly since then and you know it. Can't say the same for iOS
50. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So Siri is exactly the same as the day Apple bought it? I'm just trying to show you how stupid this logic is that Apple isn't innovative because they bought a company.
And you're right android changed from an blackberry clone to an iOS clone v