Samsung insider confirms fingerprint sensor in Samsung Galaxy Note III
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2013, 23:40 posted on
What's so exciting about a fingerprint sensor? It seems that manufacturers are keen on adding it to their latest high end smartphone models; the unannounced HTC One Max was photographed with an icon that looks like a fingerprint. The Apple iPhone 5S has been rumored to have a fingerprint scanner ever since rumors started spreading about the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
IPhone getting a finger print sensor on iPhone 5S
Samsung: Ha ha ha LOL.. Like we don't have it... Phffff....
14. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I bet they did not had one planned..but hey..here is to innovation..
37. tedkord (Posts: 7214; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
so you're saying the copy of a Motorola just like Apple did?
22. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Man, i don't know. TBH, samsung is like watching all news about apple. if they have this, and that. they will integrate it to their system. If apple don't have any, I don't know what they will do.
27. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
What a idiotic comment. Especially since Samsung will be announcing theirs before Apple. What proof do you have to support your comment? You sould like Michael.
28. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Duh, have you been reading apple reports in tha past few month about parts (Which i think was to boring to even read an apple article) and finger scanner. then suddenly few hours before the launch. samsung is going to launch their product with finger scanner. Oh, wait maybe it was just coincidence?
Not, Stupid fanboy..
I'm no apple fan, Nor Samsung Hater..
52. iushnt (Posts: 948; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
so you think Samsung made that finger print scanner few hours before? Samsung managed to keep it a secret till now then this doesn't mean they tried to copy. Stupid fanboy
29. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
So?? As long as this technology is not illegally copied but made only to produce advantage over the industry's competitors, then we dont have any problem..
32. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Good Lord, another fanboy.. Im just saying. sheesh
33. amats69 (Posts: 1227; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
What if it is thé other way around?what if wé heard before on leaks that Samsung will put this technology on note 3 and then apple announce it now? For sure you can't write the same comment as number 29.what dya think?
36. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
For these deluted fanboys. Its always right to bash apple anything they see and feel copied. But when its samsung they play dumb and say. "That's legal"
Fanboys head is too delusional disorder.
40. tedkord (Posts: 7214; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
no, they just think it's hypocritical to blame Samsung for copying the fingerprint scanner when Apple copied the fingerprint scanner in the first place.
44. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
And so?? Did i say that Samsung lead this technology?? Im aware of the ATRIX okay!!
38. joey_sfb (Posts: 4261; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
TechBizJP08 argue still the face turns blue over a Samsung rumor and yet exclaim he is not a Samsung hater!!
You are a Samsung hater and a hypocrite!
45. PhoneUser (Posts: 78; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
WOW Tech you really are a troll.....
Just be cause the information was leaked less than 48 hours until they revealed the Note 3 doesn't mean copied Apple.
Be smart about what you are saying and think of this....a fingerprint senor isn't software.....its hardware. They can not just add it last minute and expect it to be great. it takes months of planning and testing BEFORE they reveal the working model to the public.
No one knows if this information is real until they actually show us what the device can and can not do.
47. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Then wait till it's announced. Then comment, sheeeesh what a dope!! Only an opinion.
56. joey_sfb (Posts: 4261; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
pot calling kettle black. Apple might not even have finger print sensor in idiotic phone 5 stupid. lol....
60. raghu67 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
rumors of a finger print scanner came even before iphone 5 was released...
then why samsung didn't include it in galaxy s4
30. amats69 (Posts: 1227; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LoL.. so everyone is excited now for this finger print scanner because Samsung note 3 will have it...i ddnt feel thé same excitement when iPhone 5s leaks to have this features.instead i read "trashed commenté".. fanboys nowadays.... Btw im looking forward for Mr Taters réaction about this.
39. tacarat (Posts: 417; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
I loved it on my Atrix. It made unlocking the phone with only one hand very easy and convenient. Well, if your case wasn't too bulky or your custom ROM didn't lose it. The placement is going to be important. I'm looking forward to the feature being popularized unless it causes more stupid patent games to come up. Motorola didn't have influence to help make it wide spread, but Apple and Samsung do.
48. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Getting more exciting because of the cumulative rumors of NUMEROUS features not specfcally intended for this fingerprint scanner.. And what made this more exciting for me is the Guest mode.. Just think of the Note2 + enhanced features + FullHDSuperAmoled + new Features + new internals + OIS if ever
49. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Who's excited? I think its a lame feature that smells of desperation from both Samsung and Apple.
All I was saying is techbiz comment was moronic and didnt make sense. He then got all butthurt and all he can do is reply with unintelligent poop flinging by calling everyone fanboys.
31. AnTuTu (Posts: 1312; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
That awkward moment when iFans will look at Note 3 and Cry like babies and wish their beloved company can produce such a Beast.
Bring it ON Sammy just waiting for our Beast :)
50. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I think finger print scanner will be connected with knox....scan the fingerprint move to secure knox mode.....it would be nice if they did it so....
65. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
What ever you say Jealous Insecure Sammy Haters!
Samsung Rules, Note 3 will be a beast and those Crap Htc,Sony phones can't beat it. Well, Other brand smart phones wasn't able to beat S3 head to head what more S4 and this Galaxy Note 3! Hahahhaa Bleeeeh! Can't wait for this Innovative Note 3! Come on Sammy release this and take my money! hahahah
2. Jklaz (Posts: 136; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Seriously how is this possible that it was kept a secret until til the day of launch
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Actually that's pretty cooool and unexpected....
This thing comes with almost everything everything on board...
16. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
U mean the s-scan ? Aaa it was only planned 2 days ago when it was confirmed the. One max and the i5s will have one..
43. rd_nest (Posts: 1118; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Check the date of the article:
It's more than 2 month old news.
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 1914; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Really looking forward to it! (: Couple hours away!
4. JGuinan007 (Posts: 654; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Well we will find out in a few hours if its all true
5. ankiipankii (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
i think it's only android app,not any physical sensor like on iphone 5s or OneMax....fingers crossed
9. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I don't think a simple app can read fingerprints....
13. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
search app store or play store and you will find many that say that they. obviously they cant, but lets just pretend that they do.
6. harigrg33 (Posts: 179; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Another patent complaint going to file in the court hahaha
10. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
please.. I want a metal frame(or at least a hard polycarbonate one) ... fingerprint is a nice addition..
I love sketching my ideas so there is no other alternative. samsung please for the love of god increase build quality .. note 2 was AWFUL .. S4 was a disaster in terms of build quality. .
19. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Z ultra, htc maxx, Nokia phablet, oppo, Acer, Huawei, are those your option if you don't like the design of Samsung phones, Just buy stylus, pencil, toothpick, or whatever in your hand, as your s pen.
57. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
as I said, I LOVE sketching .. so there is no other option.. I had a galaxy note(original) and the Spen was awesome. I've tried Xperia Z ultra(because I have techblog in my country and recently I've reviewed this device) but the pen experience isn't the same..
Spen (WACOM) with pressure sensitivity and fast response (immediately showing result on screen) is the best pen experience right now.. hope HTC adopt WACOM pen or samsung adopt a better build quality process..
12. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2024; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
..... i dont see much use of this feature....Next!!!!!
15. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
In no way am i excited about finger scanning technology being added to phones. Holographic technology now that's something.
17. Galaviz8 (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 May 2013)
Fingerprint scanner interesting but the cool thing multuple users on one phone just like a pc keeping my things to myself =))))
18. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 485; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I just don't understand. Many bashes Apple as rumors of fingerprint scanner was in the air then here comes Samsung with the fingerprint scanner and people praises them. O_o
20. Topcat488 (Posts: 1228; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Out of 20 post so far i only read 4 praising Samsung... Stop crying Apple Fanboy.
54. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 485; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Im actually a Sony guy. If you'll compare the first article of GN3 many praises it. It's just an observation. No fanboyism intended.
21. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Actually im not into fingerprint scanner, i was just moved by the apk data presented last night which made Note3 exciting for having more features, and this insider report made it more solid
23. SonyCraperiaSucks (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
I CANNOT WAIT ANY FURTHER..RELEASE THE BEAST (BEST!)!!~~~~
25. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah me tooo two beast in one day
Note 3 & Xperia Z1 awesome
24. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
May be they would surprise with few more features. Few hours to go.
26. odachek1976 (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
So kids cannot use this phone since their fingers are small?
34. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Know what Samsung, you better replace it with dual stereo speakers, and fm receiver, these two are more useful than that useless scanner.
51. tedkord (Posts: 7214; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'll agree with this. Plus I worry about the abuse of the fingerprint scanner with the NSA. Of course, the government already has my prints due to the background check for my job. But that was voluntary, I could have chosen not to work here. When they start taking fingerprints surreptitiously with this kind of tech...
35. Trex95 (Posts: 682; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Appsams the new Apple Samsung cooperation Lol.
41. wando77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Maybe people are more excited because a the note 3 is a FAR more exciting phone?
53. bootroot (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
We love Innovation, wich Apple iphone5s is not particulary big on this.
After being really the best ( retina, UI, )
Apple is on a conservative way (for the iphone i say, cause laptop and macpro are really innovative)
It is goos to see sammy, sony and even Alcatal pushing the perfect companion the the best!