Samsung hints Apple may release 7.85-inch iPad in 2012, spend $11 billion on Samsung parts
1. andro. posted on 13 Mar 2012, 10:51 8 2
R.i.p ipod touch,or is it welcome ipod touch xl?!
All this collaboration with Samsung makes apples court case attacks on Samsung look even more silly
21. Lucas777 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 21:08 0 0
samsung and apple both jointly agreed to keep their manufacturing side out of the dispute.. eventually it might deteriorate but shortly i would say no..
and somehow i just dont see apple making a smaller ipad… yes they would make fabulous amounts of money, but idk where it would fit into the pricing scheme of their products… maybe it will go for 250-300
25. bayusuputra posted on 14 Mar 2012, 00:36 0 0
yeah, it's quite silly when you try to bite the hands that feed you..
2. itiswhatitis posted on 13 Mar 2012, 10:59 4 0
Seems like,it really is nothing personal just business!
3. clevername posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:08 1 0
I don't know much about international business law, but here in America this is a huge no no for a contractor to release info like that. Will there be any fallout I wonder?
17. clevername posted on 13 Mar 2012, 13:37 0 0
It should be. This is is basically insider trading. People get time in prison for it. Although usually insider trading is meant to make an individual money, in this case it would be to further the company and not the individual. Same premise tho.
18. PaulNotFromSweden posted on 13 Mar 2012, 14:42 0 0
Insider trading is buying and selling securities (like stocks) based on information that is not available to the general public. This information from Samsung has nothing to do with insider trading. They may be revealing trade secrets, in which case I would expect Apple's legal department to gently remind Samsung of the terms of their contract.
19. clevername posted on 13 Mar 2012, 15:58 0 0
Ah thx for the correction, don't know what I was thinking.
4. Pdubb posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:08 0 0
With Apple's private nature it would seem someone at Samsung is about to be in some trouble. Maybe this is how their relationship ends.
6. itiswhatitis posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:15 1 0
Or maybe apple is paying them to create rumors, you never know what happen behind the scene!
7. cellphonator posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:18 4 0
That's crazy, all these fights in which we take part of one rather than the other one and then they do business like old buddies like nothing is happening. That's business, I know but it makes you think...
8. good2great posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:26 2 0
this is funny... you guys on here dont look at the big picture with all this apple vs samsung... while yall cry your hearts out picking sides these two companies are great business partners. Samsung has contributed a lot to Apple's success. and Apple is making Samsung rich as well...
9. gallitoking posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:28 4 0
I learned my lesson . no more attack to Samsung. we fighting here and then shaking hands depending on one another,..
10. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:37 8 3
Well really Apple depends on Samsung's high quality products. Imagine what an iPhone 4S or a new iPad would look & perform like if it didn't have the Samsung DNA in its body.
It would be an ugly, poor working machine! I mean an iPhone or an iPad are just Samsung products with an Apple logo on them! lol
12. good2great posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:47 2 0
you are absolutely right!
apple needed the "best" manufacturer to make their products...
apple's beef isnt with Samsung... its with Android...
software vs software
remember Steve's dying wish...
13. PAPINYC posted on 13 Mar 2012, 12:14 4 1
'Imagine what an iPhone 4S or a new iPad would look & perform like if it didn't have the Samsung DNA in its body.'
It would probably look like a Kyocera Echo™ and perform like a Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1, 6.5, 7, 7.1 phone.
14. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 13 Mar 2012, 12:17 2 0
22. Lucas777 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 21:13 0 0
there is no windows mobile 7/7.1…. its windows phone.. which performs better in real life than almost any other phone
and apple creates all their tech… samsung just puts it on an assembly line… its not like apple uses samsung amoled screens and such…
23. chadrick0814 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 21:43 0 0
You are right, Apple goes to LG for its IPS screens. If its as simple as "putting it on an assembly line," why do they pay Samsung and LG billions when they can pay their workers at Foxconn 2 slices of bread and 3 cents an hour to do it?
24. Lucas777 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 22:06 0 0
well i would hope samsungs and lg's and sharp's assembly lines are a little more well kept.. i dont think foxconn could produce the quality of tech needed by apple-- they use foxconn for easier things and for assembly
26. bayusuputra posted on 14 Mar 2012, 00:45 0 0
apple didn't create all the tech, they just created the spec sheets.. it is Samsung who made them reality.. so it's not as simple as putting it on assembly line..
11. dragonnub99 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 11:46 0 0
why is all phonearena news talking about apple product
16. jmoita2 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 12:58 2 2
Ponearena is starting to suck,it reads and feels more like Apple.com every day...
20. gallitoking posted on 13 Mar 2012, 16:15 0 1
the irony on your statement is that here is filled with fandroids... 5-1 at least