Samsung has tighest security in its history with the Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2012, 01:18 posted on
Pictures of a handset found in Brazil with the model number GT-i9300 are not of the Samsung Galaxy S III according to The Verge; sources for the site say that Samsung has the tightest security in its history surrounding the sequel to the wildly popular Samsung Galaxy S II...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This phone will be all over my dreams tonight!
14. santaclaus (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
not so keen on samsung's products. i will just take it as ordinary phone announcement event ;)
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I will take the OneX over s3(if I buying android ) as I am also less keen on samsung's product .
Some annoying Samsung fanboys thumbed you down
36. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
It's not about fanboyism, it's about your logic(or lack thereof).
Can you honestly provide any cases whereby any of the major non-Apple mobile companies consistently show any difference in any aspect of their products that will impact you as a user, that isn't a simple phone-by-phone variation?
Illogiccal people like you who blindly follow brand names or proudly decide as a fact on things unknown are the type that users of tech-focused sites hate, and hence the thumb-downs.
Disliking others' comments is our "personal preference" too. You try to argue for personal reference by arguing against it?
41. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I find sense ui
More beautiful than touchwiz Infact touchwiz looks so ugly I rather have stock ICS
52. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
you have been being quite a d-bag recently. is everything okay ?
19. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
people shouldnt dislike ur comment, it is personal prefence after all
2. albdatman (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)
JUST wait for the dam phone to come out already..smh
50. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"11. eaxvac posted on 8 hours ago
Another lame fanboy"
You said it all.
5. kznjbee (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Wow! Sammy is now on the verge of the igalaxy coz only Apple is known for such security. Just hope they dont give it a stupid name like "the brand new galaxy"
6. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Wow all this trolling by samsung is pretty annoying! I mean you'd think that atleast 1 of the so far leaked images are the real deal. Guess they want it to be like the iphone, all rumors wrong and surprising sales from day 1
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm pretty stoked about this announcement! xD
55. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
lmao I know what's with all the thumbs down for that?
8. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Who has a camera this low res these days ? The photos are bury... makes me think this whole story is made up.
25. PowTheBowl (Posts: 86; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
The pictures were taken by an iPad 2, as the reflection on the phone of the first photo suggests.
9. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
WOW SAMMY ! impressing us everyday ! haha, i hope these pics are fake :D
27. wendygarett (unregistered)
FAKE!!! YOU HEAR ME!!! FAKE!!!
10. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Hmm from what I've gleaned from the Web, this S3 will only be an upgrade like the i4S-nothing ground breaking. Hope its not a skinny plastic device without a micro SD expansion card-just 32GB fixed.
39. idanielx (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
No such thing as stupid comments only stupid people*
12. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Lets get things clear;
Samsung said at the end of last year, 2012 will be its year to establish itself as the number 1 mobile phone company.
Samsung made record profit in 2011 due to the S2.
The competition is as fierce as ever, samsung knows if it gives people somthing special surround by "iphone" type marketing it can take the market.
I truly believe samsung will deliver the following;
4.7 Super AMOLED HD 1080p RGB
2000 mAh Battery
I believe the screen will take up the whole of the front of the phone.
16gb and 32gb models with micro SD Slot.
As thin as the galaxy nexus.
8 MP and 2MP cams
1080p video recording (same function as one x )
24. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
really now...forget about 1080p screen and wireless charging or you'll be disappointed for sure when it comes out.
33. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I think 1080p will happen, the wireless charging is a stretch tho
38. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
The wireless charging is possible.. it's been done before.
But I don't know about the 1080p display..
40. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol you challenging me? you want a piece of me?
you realise I am an ant eater ?
come at me bro
42. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Calm down bro, don't forget that i'm a pink panther.
And I want two pieces of you please.. :p
51. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Well, I'm the freakin' giant robot planet.
1080p? Not good enough. Give me WUXGA or WQXGA or WHUXGA!
1½GB RAM? Not good enough. Give me 2GB or 4GB! If memory is 64bit addressable give me 8GB.
2000mAh battery? I laugh. Not good enough. Give me 10.0Ah or 15.0Ah!
Wireless induction charging is nice but I still want a swappable battery.
16GB onboard storage option? Don't bother. 32GB is bad enough. Try 64GB and for the microSD card it better be microSDXC with included class 10 card.
Camera needs 12800 ISO plus Lytra and DxO tech.
Ceramic casings aren't proven. To me, they're a gimmick because the design could easily still be susceptible to shocks from edge impacts. While durability is extremely valuable to me, I'd sooner have it be waterproof simply because that'd be more achievable realistically and a better investment.
13. sandorfh (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I hope this doesn't turn into an overhyped product the way other manufacturers like to do!
16. rupontis (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
All should Check
for having "Hot Mobile App"
17. xenonn1 (Posts: 19; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Whatt?2000mAh? In one day its done.I want to see some
-16-32-64gb with microSD
-at least 2500mAh
-1080p video recording at 60fps
1.5 RAM /2 GB RAM.
1.5ghz quad core /1.8 ghz.
Its 2012 not 2010.
20. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Theres no point in making the phone huge just so it can have a big battery.
The idea is to improve on the technology that consumes most of the batteries powers, mainly the screen.
If you have seen recent reports, the new quad core processor from samsung consumes less battery power, samsungs new screen tech designed for the s3 consumes less power. The rest is down to sofwoftware.
with these improvements I think 2000mAH should give you a solid day of heavy usage.
Maybe a 1.5-2 days of light usage.
53. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
With that type of screen and with that high clock quad core processor, 2000mAh will not even give a full day of light usage.
It'll need at least 4.0Ah. Better 5.0Ah.
The Galaxy Note already has 2.5Ah for a 1280×800 WXGA screen.
Software hasn't been redesigned. OLED screens don't improve battery life if all apps still use white backgrounds.
Since anteaters and pink panthers are no match, I say be safe with 7.0Ah like the iPad.
Phones today don't last through a full day. Such a tiny battery on such an otherwise high specification device would be shortsighted. No, it's better to make the phone slightly thicker that pursue further thinness.
18. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Why Samsung is doing that same as apple ? Next step is to lose the S III in a bar ?
21. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
"Why Samsung is doing that same as apple"
Do you really have to ask this? Apples marketing is extremely successful and its already working for samsung.
stupid question really mate.
23. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Apple was successful when they are alone.
Samsung owners are not stupid a you are
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
Touchwiz is a MUST!!! it looks like my favourite ios :)
29. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
What's going on, to many rumors.....
32. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This thing is going to be a true monster, samsung for the love of god please do not fail me, then again your not apple, so you can't exactly disappoint millions of people.
37. wendygarett (unregistered)
unfortunately it acts like apple :D
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
am i the only one that saw that picture and went "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly". lol.
it reminds me of a Behold beaten with the ugly stick.
44. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
it seems like the phone is in a case of some sort,i actually think if it was with out the boxy case,the phone looks rather nice to me
46. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its starts............ lol
its funny that they can post up random pics and rumors about this phone and yall go CRAZY WILD like teenage girls...lol
every article about it they show a different prototype with "supposed" specs... and its an auto-drool lol
just wait for the phone to come out! we all stand behind android's innovation which means not only this phone but other phones will be prepared with top notch technology.
why are yall worshipping this phone... totally unlike android fans...
its an awkward feeling to witness android fans transform into "samsheep"
54. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Am I mistaken to think the Samsung marketing guy moved over to Apple shortly before Samsung went nutso with their ad campaigns?
I can't argue against its effectiveness just as I can't vouch for people's taste.
disappointing how we directly or indirectly worship money. we're not as monotheist as we want to believe. or, perhaps, we're not transforming from a religious society to a secular one but instead to a pagan god of capitalism.
i need to lay off the socio-political stuff. i'm giving myself an ulcer.
47. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I'm happy there is no information of official pictures yet. I love being surprised. :)
56. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
"trolling" no longer have a consistent definition? used in too many disparate connotations? nuances lost? I no longer can tell what it really means.
57. MYTHiKAL (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
The Galazy NOTE or something like it needs to come to VERIZON - ASAP...