Samsung has sold over 40 million Galaxy Notes to date
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2013, 09:45 posted on
We've known for a while that Samsung's Galaxy Note line has done exceptionally well for itself and the company behind it, but it always help to put things into perspective with a number of units sold...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The note series is indeed the best offering by samsung till date.
10. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
PArena is not giving even the right number here:
"another 30 million of the Galaxy Note II sold worldwide."
The two sources gives a bit different results than PA about Galaxy Note II : One say 38 mill Galaxy Note II, another say MORE THAN 30 mill . But PA choose to say 30 mill. LOL Cause it's not Apple . Right?
Even Note 1 was over 10 mill 2 years ago. Last year they sell Note 1 too, so combine number(Note II and Note 1) is more like 50 mill now.
17. Chris.P (Posts: 309; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Where are you even getting this? Please, do yourself a favor and go get your sight checked, this is just embarrassing.
"Worldwide sales of the Note series of phones has reached nearly 40 million units over the past two years, including 10 million of the first Note and 30 million of its second-generation model, according to Samsung." -- Focus Taiwan;
"According to their [Samsung's] Taiwan general manager Andy Tu, Sammy has shipped 30 million Galaxy Note 2 and 10 million original Note phablets worldwide." -- UnwiredView.
23. parvsingh05 (Posts: 98; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Hey Man why do guys even reply to such cmments, u know half of them are trolls. They are so much mentally disturbed/hurt to see apple breaking records that They cant bear and end up being a brainless creature.
I havent seen on othersites that writers come down and answers questions of people. Very rare case if its worth, this is not even worth seeing.
25. Chris.P (Posts: 309; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
We don't much care to further propagate the above-mentioned ivory tower syndrome, which is why we communicate with our readers in a bunch of ways (comment section, Q&A's come to mind).
15. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I was going to buy the Note 3, before i leave Germany next month... But now that they have set each country on a regional basis,i.e. German Note 3 only works in Europe and not in the USA, i'll keep enjoying my OGNote 1.
Samsung YOU made a big MISTAKE, in doing this.
22. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
28. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 913; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Thought there was a world phone signal for the Sprint Note III
26. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Note 2 is inspired by first starting touch phones using pen.
2. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They will sell at least 50 million note 3s before the note 4 comes.
11. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Yeah. But see this review of Note 3, because no one of this so called "thech" iMedia will mention this:
Because it's not Apple.
And because they are so engaged to show us the iPhone magics in hundreds of articles.
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 3231; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Very nice video! I getting my Note 3 this weekend. Gear is not out yet will get it when its out.
29. _PHug_ (Posts: 395; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Ignore what I said in comment #27.
After watching this video I've fallen further in love with the Note 3
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, congratulations Samsung!
4. amiaq (Posts: 499; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
That many millions people benefits from the Notes flexibility and productivity compared to other millions ill-informed who use a particular type of "not so smartphone" and end up can only be proud to use their nipple on the fingerprint sensor.
7. Sauce (unregistered)
Android egotistical "not so smart-person" these days.
18. McLTE (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Seriously.. can we just GROW THE F UP on these forums?
This just shows that there are 40 million people that appreciate the Note series of phones that Sammy is shoveling out there, myself included. I LOVE my Note 2 and will never go back to a smaller phone.
I'm not however, so pretentious and arrogant to ignore the fact that MANY people do not want the large size and there are many phones that satisfy those people.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Someone stop this fool before he spreads his stupid to others.
5. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
"NOTE" has become a Trust-worthy, Beasty & Lovely brand name :)
8. silencer271 (Posts: 231; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Love my note 2! Cant wait for the note 4! Once you got big screen its really hard to go back.. hmm once you go black you cant go back..
9. datphoneguy (Posts: 141; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
I'm not totally surprised at the tepid feedback the Note 3 is receiving. For one, it's a high end phone (price wise), and the high-end has generally been struggling as of late (apart from Apple). Secondly, at least in my opinion, there's really no compelling reason to upgrade from the Note 2 to 3....
14. Immolate (Posts: 288; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
The Note 3 will do very well. It's a superb upgrade to the 2 and will be the most capable smart-phone on the market when it is released. That said, i'm thinking of going to the 1520 or One Max, or even going cheap and getting a G Pro when I go over to AT&T next month from Verizon. After two Notes and an S3, I'm ready for something different.
16. mash77th (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I love Samsung. I have the Sprint GS3 and as soon as the Note 3 comes out I am hoping the Note 2 will drop in price and I will get one. I am very pleased with Samsung and they are very user friendly.
20. JDogg5281 (Posts: 60; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i dont see the extreme need to update to the Note 3 from the Note 2. Most def with next year they are going to metal designs (we hope) might as well wait it out for the Note 4.
27. _PHug_ (Posts: 395; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I'm a HUGE fan of the GNote series but I think that the Note 3 will sell less than the Note 2.
1. Note 3 has real competition, EVERYONE (except Apple) is making a phablet. The others don't seem to be as good because of one thing or another, like lack of a pen or less RAM but lots of people will choose the competition just because it's not Samsung.
2. Not a big enough improvement over the Note 2.
3. Even smaller improvement over the S4.
Before the S4 came out I had $1000 reserved for my shiny new Note 3 just waiting to buy, but now I find myself waiting for everyone to show their cards before I decide.
With all the 5" - 5.5" screen phones coming I can't justify ignoring those, especially if they cost $200 - $400 less.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 12619; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Excellent device I'm surprised I didn't sell more.
32. shawndog1 (Posts: 34; Member since: 21 May 2011)
Thanks to winning note1 hear on PA , wife upgrading to note2 , and now me upgrading to note3 on oct 10th i'll have all three :b
33. MelvinPainter (Posts: 52; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
At $350 a pop on the "slow" network, plus California tax on the retail phone price, plus upgrade fee, I will pass for now. It will come out to $465 on contract. That's a month and a half of obamacare premium. I would rather get a new Nexus 7 for half the price. Well actually I am totally happy with my Nexus 7 (2012), the Android 4.3 update did wonders.
34. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
This is nothing for Samsung, s4 sold 10 mill first day
35. chocolaking (Posts: 461; Member since: 22 May 2012)
You can't look at the number sold by shipment.
Samsung is not a honest company after all.
they probly fix numbers to the public and creates the hype of their product.
36. rallyguy (Posts: 574; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
A big reason is not only did the phone get better, it was sold on multiple carriers.