Samsung has sold more than 40 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2013, 19:51 posted on
Earlier this month, some reports had Samsung rushing out the Samsung Galaxy S5 due to slow sales of the Samsung Galaxy S4; but is the current Android flagship model really suffering from poor sales? Not according to a published report out of Korea on Wednesday which cites Samsung CEO J.K. Shin as the source of a story claiming that more than 40 million units of the Samsung Galaxy S4 have been sold to date...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkvadervip (Posts: 356; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
At least Microsoft is happy. It makes how much per android sold. 40 million times whatever dollar is pimping at its finest level.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
MS gets the licensing fees while android and Chrome are eating MS' lunch.
14. Finalflash (Posts: 1994; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Actually, it is MS's only major revenue for their mobile unit. Last quarter they announced a profit from mobiles sales and licensing (they mixed them to mask the sadness). The majority of those profits came from the licensing and we all know how well the surface did.
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3742; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Impressive sold. just waiting to see Nokia back in action as their old glory days.
27. livyatan (Posts: 813; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
You most definitely won't be seeing that because Nokia will not be making phones.
They sold their phone business to Microsoft, kid.
20. AnTuTu (Posts: 1024; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
WOW and I have got one of those 40 million :)
3. avasponge (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 May 2012)
40 million! wow just wait for the note 3 sales
5. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
In comparison to the iPad Mini with retina display, the note 3 has a really small display for web surfing.
7. Fishbowl (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Why would you ever compare the two? One is a phone (phablet moniker be damned) and the other is a tablet. Different markets.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9497; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Are you dumb? That's like me comparing a Ferrari to a Dodge Challenger.
34. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Ferrari being iPad mini of course.
11. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Really dude ,Note 3 and iPad Mini ?
What kind of comparison is that
16. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
why are you saying ferrari and the challenger? you should be saying a ferrari and an f150. both of them are meant for completely different things
23. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
And for WHAT different things are meant Note 3 and iPad miny? Exept of the phone calls.
By the way - even the tablet Note 8, have phone app.
24. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Soooo? What you're saying is,,, the NOTE 8 will destroy the ipad mini 2... You're right with your assessment.
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6891; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
wait till after the holidays then it will REACH 100 MILLION
8. gigaraga (Posts: 1397; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Go Samsung!!~~ I believe that the Note 3 sales will be just as strong!~ Fighting!
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9497; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So for all those reports and people saying the S4 isn't selling, how hard was it to read this article?
15. Finalflash (Posts: 1994; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Its selling, but they were expecting complete dominance. In 6 months though, that isn't bad seeing as the iPhone 5 sold about 90 million through its entire life (sadly too short) and this isn't even combining the various S4 spinoffs like the active and so on. Plus the Note 3 on top of that should make it very lucrative for Samsung seeing as how that will probably sell 20-30 million as well. All in all, Samsung now rivals iPhone sales by themselves which should be a somewhat good thing.
13. tedkord (Posts: 6018; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Average of 6.67 million per month. Reports of it's death have been greatly exaggerated.
17. twens (Posts: 737; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Haters are gonna hate but Sammy is here to stay. Somebody say a big Amen to note 3.lol
18. Mube007 (Posts: 172; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
There is hardly any differences between galaxy s3 and galaxy s4 .so its better to wait for galaxy s5 which will have overall new designing
19. tedkord (Posts: 6018; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
But far more differences than the typical iPhone Xs release.
21. DAddYE (Posts: 48; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Wow, that's the amount of sales of iPhones in a weekend :D
26. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
The problem is Sammy release too many different versions and peoples dont know which one to buy. Also what different betweens all these versions and people will get tired to decide.
S4 - Snapdragon 600
S4 - Exynos 5410
Not same as S2/S3 that only had 1 version, until the operators started with 4G/LTE and then comes the 4G/LTE versions.
28. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 878; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
A very hard pill to swallow for the haters :D
Where are the idiots who said GS4 sales were "so-so"??? LOL!
+40million sold, the GS4 is dominating, completely destroying every Android rival. The GS4 has sold more than some manufacturer's entire portfolio, lol!
29. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Take THAT haters! Love your Lumias, Xperias, LGs and HTCs? Samsung sold more S4s than rival flagships combined.
30. Sondae (Posts: 205; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
News today is hard to believe sometimes they say they have poor sales now there sales is higher than expected.
32. JMartin22 (Posts: 1398; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It's funny how people can call the second fastest selling flagship series in the world "slow" or "poor" - the former which competes with several different devices in its platform, unlike Apple's junk.
31. JMartin22 (Posts: 1398; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It seems that brand recognition and market reputation beats the menial whining on tech domains about it not having something as insignificant as damage-prone metal that also is prone to severe hot and cold sensations and reception issues; not to mention repairability issues and limitations such as losing access to your backdoor for expandable memory and battery life.
But yeah... we'll just keep letting them think that "premium" constitutes a personal preference.
33. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I love my S4. Still the best "all around phone" on the planet. (in my opinion) I'll be enjoying this beast until the next flagship S model comes out...
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Great. So now is the time for me to buy Xperia ZL has prices have dropped in striking range ... we don't have carrier subsidies here.