Samsung had to combine production methods for the first true HD Super AMOLED screen on the Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2012, 04:23 posted on
Just as we predicted last year, that 5.5-Gen A2 production line that was supposed to move to Phase 3 production method tests in Q1 this year, will be churning out the 720p Super AMOLED screen with a regular RGB matrix for the Samsung Galaxy S III now in Q2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. piyath (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
great! sweet!! astounding!!!
well done sammy...
2. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
"Super AMOLED HD Plus" :-D
I think next generation will be just OLED gen. 2.....or again "Super AMOLED HD Plus II" :)
5. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I wonder what's next...
They nailed it all - contrast, color, pixel density, size, durability...
What else is there to achieve in screen technology? Transparent, bendable screens are a different thing...
There would be absolutely no point in going past 720p on those sizes.
6. Veigald (Posts: 240; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Just as pointless as the "new iPad" screen resolution, I suppose. The only way you can tell the difference from iPad2 is by zooming in on something, and even then the difference isn't that great.
Nevertheless, the arms race towards better screen will definitely continue as someone wants to have the bragging rights for the "best screen" even though humans wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
7. Yeahman (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
No. You can easily tell the difference without zooming in. Actually, zooming in makes the difference look smaller.
9. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
yeah, you can see the difference between 800x480 and 1280x720 only if you put the phone really close to your head... there would be no improvement whatsoever beyond that.
but imagine this...
a screen of 4,3" of 660x1050 (about 270ppi - enough) that is rolled up on one end and can be pulled out to make a widescreen true full hd 1980x1050 of a tablet size...
this is the most realistic use of bendable amoled i can think of.
19. RageQuit (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
They could give it a better refresh rate so its better for watching video.
20. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Actually, I think screens that don't fade in sunlight would be next. That's a big one. Ya know how most cars that have digital displays that are easily seen in direct sunlight, well if they could possibly use something like their technology that solidifies the image depending on the time of day. I have an Infiniti G35 coupe and it has an all digital display and on the center of the dash between the driver/passenger it has another display with compass, temperature zones ect... When the car senses sunlight it does something to the display so you can easily see it even if the sun is shining directly on it. When it's darker, the display isn't as dense. With phones, they have the sensors in the front and could see the sunlight to boost density or something. Even custom video decks for cars are viewable in sunlight.
8. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hubba hubba hubba..
now, gimmie the darn phone!! lol
23. TROLL.IS.AHA (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Me to patient. Just few more months....
10. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
This will be the absolute best screen out on the market hands the f**k down!
11. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
no iphone is still the best at screen technology. that is what the sheppard said and us sheep need to follow and believe. just believe!!!! click you heels and we will go back to cupertino little toto!!!
12. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
No, iPhone 4/4S Have A Old LG e-IPS screen witch is good but not best. LG Have Better IPS Screens In Other phones now, and much bigger.
13. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
to bad in wont sell only geeks will buy it.. and a few other people that will get butt hurt on my comment
15. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
really? the SGS1 and SGS2 are the highest selling android phones ever. The galaxy series draws people to it. they look at it, they want it. Its not like an iphone where people want it because "the cool kids" have it. . People want an SGS because its beautiful, powerful, and very functional. It has also lead samsung to overtake apple in over all smartphone sales. Woopsie.
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
" People want an SGS because its beautiful, powerful, and very functional."
since when do you know what people want?.. thats your opinion and nothing more..
17. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
since i SELL the things all day every day. doofus.
BTW, i found you on G+, now i can stalk you back! lol
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
G+ you should face booke me too.. since outside PA we should be friends..
21. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ha. and u think I rant too much here. FB Is my ultimate ranting platform. I'm Much more tame on g+. lol
24. nDray (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
You mean the blue pixels will be just as bad as before? And now the green and red ones will be damned as well??