Samsung gives you reasons to upgrade to the Galaxy S5... from the Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2014, 20:00 posted on
Samsung is targeting Galaxy S III users with a few new S5 promo videos, explaining why they should upgrade to its latest flagship smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. odachek1976 (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Already upgraded from my S3 to LG G3....and I don't have a fish tank at home.
3. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
You are an animal hater you bas#ard.
Who doesnt have a fish tank?
You are merciless and a heartless creature and deserve wrath.!
And.. enjoy your purchase! :D
48. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
U was kidding or serious, I don't know. But I know is u did put smily at last.
68. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Obviously I was kidding.
Why would I be care if he has a fish tank or not?
I just tried to change the topic or else some troll would have started a s5 vs g3 fight.!
Bdw.. I too dont have a fish tank at home :p
19. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Awe the man want a cookie he thinks we care
40. enthasuium (Posts: 129; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
you dont have a fish tank and you dont bath
2. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Maybe they are taking advantage of the 1.5-2 years carrier contracts. Most people with S3 will have their contracts ended or ending soon while S4 still have some time to go.
9. mistertimi (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Believe me, if you lasted 2yrs with an S3 there's no way you'd consider an S5.
25. Jett2701 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
I couldn't even last a year with it after the 4.3 update i couldn't text so i rooted it and shuts it itself off if i have LTE on longer than an hour....im so done with shamesung....im downgrading back to an iPhone 4
34. tedkord (Posts: 11659; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've lasted two years with an S3, and the only reason I'm not considering an S5 is I want to see what the Note 4 has to offer.
The S3 has been an awesome device. I can't wait until the devs get the 4.4.2 update cracked and rooted so I can try it.
10. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
my contact just ended 3 days ago and my gs3 is still better then gs5 no need to upgrade except leave sprint
28. nlbates66 (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
yeah most likely, doesn't matter in any case for me though, my decision was already made when I purchased my Galaxy S III that the next phone would be an OS other than Android. :-) contract ends in 3 months
7. gehrig (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
This is what I like to see! Rather than bashing the competition, Samsung simply pointed out the good qualities of the S5 in a nice, professional way. I still won't buy it though, because Samsung is really bad about updating their software on older phones.
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Smart users don't care, cause custom Roms and XDA is available.
12. Ninetysix (Posts: 2380; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Can't always install a custom ROM broski. Some phones are carrier locked.
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It's Ninetysix here with his "Apple troll avatar" wtf.
Your avatar Ernie to a Troll face avatar.
PhoneArenaUser should be here to see this....
47. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hehe, that broski always has cute avatars just like him. ;)
56. khoadang (Posts: 8; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Some devices dont have a single ******* custom rom!!!
42. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wait, last time I remember, you said your country doesn't have Google Play access. Now you are saying your carrier locks bootloader, I thought only US carriers lock bootloaders.....
45. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
This definitely shows that Ninetysix is truly a big Apple fanboy, by his troll face avatar.
35. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 178; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
What are you talking about google recommends 18 month update window and the american s3 got android 4.4 after two years of life......same happened to the s2 family. Everyone thought support would end at ICS but the phone got jellybean after a 2 year lifespan.....so out of all android oems I would have to say that Samsung is the best when it comes to their flagships being updated
43. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
*In android world. Galaxy S line is meant to compete/outsell iPhones. Not saying that apple updates are the best by any means.
50. gehrig (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
They are though. The 2010 iPhone 4 is getting iOS 8. I don't know any Android OEM that updates their device for 4 years.
51. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
But they are basically stripped down(feature-wise) updates, also they are buggy even if apple has to care for just a few devices.
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 5741; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
GS5 with 2GB ram and 16GB memory and plenty of bloat ware to take up the remaining space is not a good deal to me.
I am surprise they managed to sell as much as they did.
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It only leaves you with 300Mb of free Ram.
16. HoPhonTab (Posts: 36; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
Other people want to update from GS3 to GS5 but they don't have money to upgrade :/
17. JDeus01 (Posts: 44; Member since: 07 May 2013)
upgrade my s3? no ty. i want a smaller phone, not a brick
21. frydaexiii (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
No thanks, Samsung really blew it with the gimmicks on the S5 as compared to perfecting what they already have like the other companies...
23. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Go with the less company then
26. frydaexiii (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
What less company? If an obscure company like OnePlus or Oppo can make their flagships look better than the S5, I'd say Samsung failed pretty damn hard, especially if you consider the fact that they had a 1 year headstart with the S3.
29. wilsong17 (unregistered)
I don't see the oppa being waterproof orthishttps://forums.oneplus.net
30. diehardnokian (Posts: 145; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
i'd rather consider a Note. Worth the bloat!
33. Andrewtst (Posts: 633; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Samsung did what also no point. S5 is freaking ugly.
36. twens (Posts: 978; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It's funny how everyone complains about the s5 yet day in day out it's the only popular phone is see everywhere I go in my country. Seems Americans are just brainwashed with aluminum and design. Lol
Africans prefer functionality and features, what you call bloat is seriously used by Africans. You Americans are too lazy to learn to apply features in your lives. You better stuck to buying feature smartphones like the iPhone.
58. Andrewtst (Posts: 633; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Everywhere? Here my country Malaysia and neighbor Singapore where the S5 hardly sales due to the design. Go google out and you will know S5 sales is pretty bad not only in America but Asian as well include it own born country - Korea.
Main issue is not the material but design.
A lot phones is plastic but now selling well as design look solid beauty especially XiaoMi Mi3 is pretty hot now, it also plastic but far nicer and solid than S5 a lot. S5 just look like a cheap ugly phone, all because the design not the material use.
For S5 features wise, a lot really not useful in daily use, is not people lazy but it actually not necessary .
64. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
So tell me what other android phone that sells more than the s5 worldwide??? STFU..
38. odachek1976 (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
No doubt S3 is an awesome phone, I still kept it as a backup phone and enjoying my LG G3...but SuperAmoled screen is still brighter than LG G3 I must say...
46. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I love Amoled
No doubt the S2 looks and has the best design then all Galaxy S Series
55. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Galaxy S line really went downhill in design after the GS2. I loved that thing.
54. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's a lie. The Galaxy S3 maxes out at about 300 nits, while the LG G3 goes up to 450.
57. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 268; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
i change my m7 by m8 and it,s super great and super beauty sooooo i love m8
59. Droidrapist (Posts: 186; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Ill give you a good reason, I need money for my Playa Del Carmen Vacation. Come upgrade your dinosaur!
62. bonsly16 (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Am I only the one that upgraded to an S5 from S3? :
67. JKING_25 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I got an S5. I have no regrets. There a lot of haters on this site.
69. flipjzn (Posts: 256; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Samsung, pls release kitkat for S4 mini first. 5 months and I'm still on JB! Shame!