Samsung gets patent for Google Glass competitor
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2013, 08:38 posted on
There have been rumors that Samsung is working on a Google Glass competitor, and may even be working with Google on such a product. Now we have a bit of proof that Samsung is working on some sort of glasses wearable with a new patent granted by the Korean Patent Office. This device has not yet been granted a patent by the US Patent and Trademark Office...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So far I like Google Glass better than anything else that has surfaced. Only time will tell.
2. Diego! (Posts: 575; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I like this design, they could improve it and make a design á la "Selina Kyle / Catwoman goggles" in The Dark Knight Rises and they will have my money! :D
3. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
They better strive for comfort. Glass was AMAZINGLY comfortable, and none of these have any hope of competing if that factor isn't there
4. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Finally! A goggles that blows up in your face.
5. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
on the first picture is... is that a square physical button on the side? oh lord
6. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
people on this site are so biased against samsung!!!
12. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
How? If their product ends up anything like the one shown above....it will be awful. Calling a bad product bad is perfectly fine to do, you won't hurt the feelings of a multinational corporation.
7. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
All 3 pictures look like it's a USB plug in my opinion.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Kinda like the idea with ear buds on both sides. But nothing can' beat GOOGLE GLASS.
13. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
I know this is just a patent design and not a final design but it looks derpy to me. Why embed earbuds? Hopefully it has an adjustable frame. Otherwise the earpods would be completely out of place. And the wire in the back? Who wants to walk around with wires coming out of the back of their head? And will I be required to connect it to a phone I don't have and don't want?
14. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
That's samsung for you, always copying ideas from companies they've worked with smh
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's Quez for you, bashing anything that isn't Apple.
16. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Maybe Samsung should partner w/Oakley or Blue Blockers (or whatever those glasses that old ppl wear) to make a decent design. i'd say leave it to Google for now tho...