Samsung focuses on Apple's FaceTime as it goes on the offensive in patent trial
Samsung claims that Apple's FaceTime feature seen on the Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 4s and Apple iPhone 5, infringes on a Samsung patent related to the compression of video. This patent was purchased from its inventors in 2011, for $2.2 million.
The second patent that Samsung claims that Apple infringed on, deals with the media gallery app used on the iPhone. Samsung had purchased a patent from Hitachi that covers the "recording and reproduction" of digital images and speeches.
Closing arguments are scheduled for next Monday and the jury could start deliberations that very day. Apple is seeking $2.2 billion from Samsung, claiming infringement on five of its patents.
1. Diego! (Posts: 503; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Eat that you Apple b*tch! says Sammy :P
LOL, this trial es like a soap opera. I'd die to be there at court and hear what is going on first hand ha ha ha ha
4. Ashoaib (Posts: 1420; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
icourt will be favouring apple, for sure... lets see if any miracle happen on monday
17. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
and there iBribe will help them,,,,,
5. express77 (unregistered)
Sammy wont won. It will be:
1) Judge will say patent has not been infringed.
2) Patent will be invalidated.
Sammy may be fined instead for patent trolling maybe.
6. mayur007 (Posts: 385; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i hope not if this happens
then america will be seen has idiotica who are only in himself ..
egoistic .. no offence but this is what i think
8. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Samsung - 2 patents...seeks $6 million.
Apple - 5 patents....seeks $2.2 billion
Samsung claims its patent is used in Face Time....where Apple patents include slide to unlock, auto correct or select? Cant remember now....and 3 others I dont even care to look up.
And people wonder why there is hate for Apple.... If you were to add 3 more patents for Samsung...it would still probably come under $20-$30 million for Samsung.
I would be willing to bet many, many iPhone users bought an iPhone for Face Time vs slide to unlock....and whatever other patents Apple is suing over.
Take a wild guess how this is gonna turn out. ...
20. rallyguy (Posts: 533; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Rounded corners, and a display covered in glass.
9. Ninetysix (Posts: 1476; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Comedy gold at its finest!
Apple buys patent and sues competitor = Damn you Apple patent troll!
Samsung buys patent and sues competitor = Damn you Apple patent troll! Samsung is the best! We love Samsung...we worship Samsung.
11. willard12 (Posts: 734; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Samsung is counter-suing, not suing. This is in court because Apple brought it.
13. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
What Samsung is doing is called....defense....after Apple went on the....offensive....
When did Motorola decide to sue MS....Exactly. When did HTC try to sue Apple...
Exactly. Nice try tho.
14. tedkord (Posts: 4504; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The comedy is Samsung suing for something major like Facetime for only 6 million, while Apple is suing for trivial things like slide to unlock (which they stole) and asking 2 billion.
12. deewinc (Posts: 155; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I can imagine Face time VS slide to unlock!!! hahaha that equals to all funny patents Apple is suing Samsung over.
15. SIGPRO (Posts: 414; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
The facetime feature makes me laugh......i could make videocalls with my old phone more than 12 years ago and yes it was a Symbian device. When apple indroduced facetime they pretended that it was their invention/innovation haha.......stupid apple.
19. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
and all there fans believe this, that appple was the first
16. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 682; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
I like how the tech media NEVER missed to mention "purchased" when it's about Samsung.
21. techperson211 (Posts: 517; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Changing the name of a feature and then calling it their innovation. What a load of B.S.