Samsung fined in Taiwan for slamming HTC while praising its own products
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2013, 05:12 posted on
Samsung's Taiwanese arm has got to be one of the naughtiest of all of Sammy's local divisions, or at least the Taiwanese Fair Trade Commission would lead us to believe so...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Samsung is becoming the next Apple. Never like their products and this proves me right.
4. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
apple never hire college students to lead a defamation campaign, their high quality products already make people praise them, no need to pay people to do it.
12. Piotrek007 (Posts: 112; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I would rather say that Apple have lots of fans, stupid enough to pay double only for fancy "apple" logo.
26. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The paying double argument is simply silly.
Apple devices have high resale value, thus lower depreciation expense -- or, the actual cost of ownership.
Android devices are much cheaper when measured in OEC vs Apple's OEC, respectively. However, android devices tend to become worthless due to high obsolesce risks meaning the entire OEC is the actual cost of ownership.
It's NOT the purchase price, it's the cost of ownership.
42. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Hes one of those paid samsung fanbots. Dont pay attention. Let them cry while we enjoy the BEST!
66. saffant (Posts: 271; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
You mean to say that a paltry 4" screen is the "BEST" on the market? lol
68. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Yes. Its one of the damn best 4" screen on the market. It beats most other screens out their in most things if not all.
And just going by your dumb mentality, samsung mega 6.3 hould be better than samsungs own note 3. LOL
53. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
i bet that you are one of those students paid by shamesung...
67. amasog (Posts: 338; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
copycat Samsung have lots of fans too. stupid & gullible enough to buy their laggy phones just because of gimmicky features.. quadcore with 4gb ram, that is easily beaten by a dual core 1gb ram phone.
61. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It's not Samsung. Actually Taiwan firm was doing that. And about taiwan's firm HTC. Right? In Thaiwan.
Ask yourself , why only in Taiwan this happen! this scandal? And nowhere else?
I smell here a plot against Samsung. Apple-ish way. Exactly after HTC and Apple made a secret contract.
Why should Samsung attack a dead dog like HTC? To take the HTC's 1% market??? ROTFL
It's looks more like HTC ad campaign.
62. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i think Samsung forgot to brief you about this issue...
19. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This kind of makes me feel bad for buying a Samsung laptop despite owning an HTC One..
"Said campaign was staged with the aim of defaming the products of local rival HTC, while praising Samsung's own products at the same time."
This reminds me of someone, Taters is that you?
41. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Samsung can only try to be Apple. But with these kinds of practices, they can only be samsung. Lying cheating copying makes them samsung. Not Apple.
50. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Shamesung is a bad boy and a copycat. It's leadership has admitted by itself that: "we followed Nokia too long and too close, that Apple slipped away." (at Samsung vs. Apple trial).
Vote with your wallet, and let this copycat rot away.
2. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Why the heck bully the little guy? They are the king and still not satified and want to kick the peasant?
5. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I saw a tv ad , still that ad present in indian television in all channels,and in the ad nokia is insulting the camera capability of samsung and apple.what about this ?
All just want to bash samsung.!
8. shahulvm (Posts: 124; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Sammy deserves bashing for being greedy, over pricing their plastics and over saturating the photos
11. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Dont you have shame to bash Sammy , the Multination & No:2 who spends for research and development just after Volkswagen ..i.e.., 10.4 billion dollars in the last year alone !
Technology world is in safe hands of Samsung, the lengendary Samsung .
14. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So whats your point? Where talking here about this shameful act by samsung and they are guilty. Behind the success of samsung now, do they still need this shameful act? Your fanboyism is at the higher level...or maybe youre one of the paid trolls?
13. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Right!!!, and now Samsung should have all the right to bash everybody? You miss my point buddy.
I'm saying Samsung is already Big time. HTC is dying, yet they want to bury HTC? Common Fanboy!!!
18. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
HTC is dying or not, its not the problem of samsung. Its htc only !
What about nokia insulting apple and samsung camera ?
Samsung knows the marketing .. they knows what the consumers looking for.. thus they become the leader !
From my point '' NO COMPANY SHOULD ''bash each others,but what I am seeing is all are bashing each other!
20. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Dude, why are you talking about other company here. The issue here is Samsung and HTC. Your point is pointless read comment #7. Not for this article.
22. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
You also read comment 1 and 4 .
If the issue is about samsung and htc , whyy MR.Techdude bring apple topic here?
Read comment 4, bashing samsung telling some college matters.. what about all that ????
U just want to bash me and samsung now !
21. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I haave one question for u... How old are you kid?
25. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I am not a kid..
I am first year computer science student, so you would know the age .
27. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Then you should be educated enough to separate fact from fiction. If you have access to Google or any other search engine, then find the real truth about Samsung.
For example, how this article points out Samsung engaged in a smear campaign against HTC.
29. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Just simple.. my point is '' no company should insult each other..each one have thier own value..but what I see is all are just bashing each other which is not good whethr it is samsung,apple etc '' .
Hope you understood.
31. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
With that reasoning and by telling that you are already a college student,you just embarassed yourself.....im done here....
36. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I think you're not giving your point. You're just defending the wrong (Samsung). And if what i'm thinking is right about your idea of bashing. Samsung is the one bashing here to the poor HTC. Yet you still defend Samsung.
37. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Okey buddy you are the winner ;)
Chill :) :D
39. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Using humour to point out that the largest competition doesn't come anywhere close to the capabilities of one of you devices isn't "insulting". nor is it a smear campaign.
It's perfectly legal, and it'll make people realize the Nokia phones stand out with their camera performance.
48. jibraihimi (Posts: 751; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So Much samsung pays you to praise it's products and bash other companies....????
Please tell us the procedure to apply for this job.....
51. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
a television ad is not equivalent to enlisting an army of commentors to defame a competition's product, providing the guise that these opinions are authentic.
57. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Thank you, for some reason a lot of people on here don't get that. Putting out an ad campaign or official statement bashing the competitions products and highlighting why yours are better is completely fine. You know it is coming from that company, so you view it in a different light.
However, paid trolls masquerading around as normal users and bashing other companies/praising Samsung is inexcusable. I want to see real people's views on the product, not what Samsung's (or any other company's) PR department find are the most effective lines for making people buy their products and grow to hate other products. It's a shame companies are allowed to do this, Samsung and the company they had doing this should have been fined much higher so that Samsung actually felt it and would stop. Hopefully that would have taught other companies to stop astroturfing too.
44. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
The king??? ahahahahahaha the joke of the day!
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 2143; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Samsung's Taiwanese arm might need some change of workers.
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Does samsung have no morals or ethical values in business? This is beyond low really, I don't care what you supporters are going to say. Tell anyone this story without the branding and they will agree that this is not right. There literally is no justification to these actions. I don't care how great your products are, I have a conscience and I will take that judgement against you if you breach it and so will others.
15. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Tell that to this guy SAYED-EJAZ defending the wrong. Clouded by his fanboyish brain on Samsung!!
30. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I would rather not talk to people like him or shatter, because I do not need to. It is enough for them to embarrass themselves and would simply be my joy to avoid those kind of people :)
32. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
i'm not here to support samsung....but the thing is.....every one does that...htc did same thing to samsung by bashing plastic in twitter...ms does it regularly to google...then why everyone is blaming only samsung????
34. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
There's fun rivalry on the internet (publicly) for consumers to be entertained, and then there's doing it behind people's backs, pretending to be actual customers who are dissatisfied with their product and paying people to complete these actions. I don't really know how you missed that.
35. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Yea shuaib,, tell that to darkskoliro ! :/
58. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
There is no way you are a university student. You can't even tell the difference between companies publicly making fun of short comings of another company's products while highlighting where they excel (This is called effective advertising and is ok, because the consumer knows it is the company saying this. Thus the consumer has a different mindset while viewing it.) and paying people to troll internet forums and tech blogs while acting like regular consumers. How can you not see the difference in that? No matter which company does what Samsung was caught doing, it isnt ok.
This samsung commercial,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
=mLd9hjl3Kdsis ok. Shows what their phone can do, shows shortcomings of main competitors phone. And since it is put out by Samsung, intelligent consumers know to not take it in the same way they would from hearing about the phone from a friend.
Paying people to pose as normal commentators on tech blogs and write bad things about the competitors while praising your own product is not OK.
Do you get it now, or you still going to act like a massive blind fanboy?
9. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Shameful act by a Giant company towards a little one...Justice prevails! Lol
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Everything in Taiwan is an HTC inside job. The independent ad agency responsible for this stunt actually worked for HTC before and is of course, like HTC, is Taiwanese. But I do like them being a bad boy every now and then. Good advertisement for both companies for cheap, so no real harm done.
23. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
You need to give us proof to validate your post.
38. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Proof for what? That HTC Taiwanese or the Taiwanese ad agency is Taiwanese?
40. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Of course you know what i mean....nice joke anyway... +1
24. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Play fair samsung or karma will get you....