Samsung expects to sell 10 million Galaxy S 4 devices in the first month
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:39
The Samsung Galaxy S 4 might be made out of plastic and not as pretty as rivals like the HTC One or Apple iPhone 5, but that might be a practical decision…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:42 12 9
I hope Samsung can do it, and we are all waiting for the event, just only 1 day left. So Samsung don't disappoint us. :)
12. schinnak posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:53 18 2
lets hope the next big thing after color tv does not turn out to be a one year old S3 like device
23. wp8forever (unregistered) posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:23 4 3
all I can see is , that tomorrow is not gonna be that great, why well cuz I don't see any possible way this can be , crazy way better than ,HTC ONE ,OR XPERIA Z .
38. drnggaj33 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 11:13 0 0
the reason why it will be better 1st the 4.2.1 os then has a removable battery and sdcard slot all good thing ..thoses other ones will run 4.1.1. and have bulit in batteies smh and not 32gb on memory
54. cheetah2k posted on 13 Mar 2013, 20:19 0 0
The only thing that entices me is the Octacore CPU. If I was to buy a phone on its looks, the HTC One would be top of my list..
32. amiroo posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:00 1 2
sami can sell why not when people see only advertise and reject build quality..
samsung faild for me cus one can beat it with all around spc..
dont need to any plastic..
2. alila2 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:43 1 2
any on having trouble with youtube ????????? the site ain't loading .
27. tech2 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:29 1 0
stop accessing youtube through your office PC. Its probably restricted by your office server :DD
41. alila2 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 11:36 0 0
but i'm board , PA had no new rumors and leaks today!!!
10. rodkurt posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:50 2 2
yeah, problems with better build like HTC One which pushed its release
4. Nathan_ingx posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:45 6 9
All the best for Samsung!
But 10 million units in a month is a huge number...skeptical!
6. schinnak posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:46 5 1
cant say it has "never" let Samsung down. Anyone remember the back cover fiasco for the pebble blue version of s3 during launch that caused shortage for that color?
7. Equilibrium posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:46 4 5
Looks and materials of a phone is personal preference but performance and display out way design for the vast majority. Why? Because they get a plastic case anyway.
I don't understand the hate of plastic (Samsung actually use a poly-carbonate like material), it allows better battery life, its more durable and most of all removable battery!!!
Lets be honest about design, the Xperia Z is alot like the galaxy s 2, the HTC ONE is a lot like the iPhone.
The most original design was the first batch of lumias, but they are now a few years old and stale much like iPhones.
Samsung may not win awards for sexiest phone, but there's a reason why they are Number 1.
24. pyradark posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:24 1 2
Fix your Eye Bro.
lumias is from N9, N9 is from an ipod concept.
HTC One is from Xperia P back and BB Z10 front
S2 is from Iphone, Iphone is from Sony prototype Walkman
8. TROLL posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:47 1 3
Well if it lives and Keeps upto it's users fans and customers expectations, then yes all the very best, and we are all behind you!
11. schinnak posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:53 0 1
i wonder when the official date of launch will be
13. Topcat488 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 08:53 2 1
I am a Samsung fan... But if Samsung think they can make a blind Man-imal out of me like Apple, it ain't gonna work... Your "Features" are good, but please listen to your consumers. Plastic ain't the problem, it's that there are tooooooooooooooooo many S3 lookalikes already.
44. akki20892 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 11:53 0 1
yep dude right.........and i don't think they sell to many because there is HTC One and Xperia Z out there so it's gonna be tough year for samsung and that's true.....!!!
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:00 3 7
10 mill? Yea right, the people with their galaxy S3 might as well hold on to what they got and just wait for the latest Samsung update lol
15. McJobs posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:02 13 12
Design, materials, build quality
LUMIA 920, iPhone 5, XPERIA Z, HTC One > Galaxy SIV
16. sbw44 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:05 10 6
Lol so the reason why samsung makes their flagships with cheap plastic is because they want to make more money!
Just shows people like Nokia,Sony,Htc still cares about their user by making very durable and beautiful phones while samsung is in it for the money!
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:08 4 9
And that is what they call, "being cheap" my friend :(
36. oister85 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:49 4 2
VIVA SAMSUNG YOUR THE BEST
SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG SAMSUNG SAMSUNG SAMSUNG SAMSUNG
25. kclgphilsbsa posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:24 5 2
they want plastic for its durability,
sammy also want removable battery that shows HOW THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR USERs
ur illogical >above all galaxy users will know first that the phone is plastic before buying it;; AND SO THESE USERS WILL NOT SAY THAT SAMSUNG DONT GIVE THEIR CUSTOMERS WHAT THEY WANT -"durable and beautiful phone"
55. yahoo29 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 22:09 0 0
Yah thats why they use platic for Removable back,battery and More Memory by putting sd card
26. DGRAY posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:28 0 2
Well maybe everyone else should get in it for the money since neither company you named is making any money...
28. sbw44 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:40 0 2
It's because all the most samsung users are brainwashed believing that its all about how many core's you have and how many ram it has and how big the display is!
But let me tell you this if that cheap samsung falls from a certain height that number of core's, Ram etc wont mean Sh*t!
Atleast Nokia's phones can survive huge drop tests while Sony's can withstand water!
50. TylerGrunter posted on 13 Mar 2013, 15:42 1 0
Have you tried not to soak your phones and stop dropping them. It works miracles for how long they last!
By the way: Samsung Nexus S, over 2 years old now, I dropped it 4 times, 2 on concrete. Only one minor scratch in one corner and still working OK.
So I would say they are quite durable. Long life to plastic!!
19. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:08 1 6
I'd say more due to the hordes of Samfans waiting to line up
21. kclgphilsbsa posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:19 6 2
haters please dont hurt every good comments for samsung here...
if u dont like the galaxy s4 den dont read EVERY PIECE OF article abt GALAXY S4 and,, so on..bla3..etc etc
every now and then, ur intention is just to bash the unofficial device
22. amats69 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:22 6 3
i have lots of plastics things in my house so i wont add another plastic on buying this SIV! i need "PREMIUM" phone!
49. TylerGrunter posted on 13 Mar 2013, 15:36 2 0
Then, why don´t you buy one?
I mean, instead of just commeting about it and complaining.
Most of the phones are plastic though, so you´ll have very little choice.
56. yahoo29 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 22:12 0 0
Even your Computer or laptops are made of plastic and Sammy didnt force you to buy S4
29. CreeDiddy posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:43 1 0
It's possible given the the success of the SII to SIII and now to SIV. Samsung Galaxy brand has created a buzz in the smartphone industry that is almost become the next Apple. Keep in mind, the Samsung will be on all carriers nationally and internationally. I can see them selling about 12-15 million globally monthly on top of the Note 3 sales of 4-5 million per month. The iPhone 5 globally is averaging around 8-9 million per month sold. So it's possible.
30. procopiojose posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:57 1 0
well your phone with premium materials doesn't look that premium after you put your hard case on.. my s3 after almost a year is still kicking the competition and it looks beautiful.. how many phones did htc and sony sell last year?? so stfu and stick to your phone that your mama gave..
47. therealestmc posted on 13 Mar 2013, 13:59 0 0
For one thing, I don't put case on my phone. and second the S3 is everything but beautiful.
31. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 09:57 1 0
Lol. What a garbage article. They may all look the same? That is the biggest load of a bull I have ever read and I expect more from a professional writer.
46. EclipseGSX posted on 13 Mar 2013, 12:18 1 1
Seriously! It amazes me they let these illiberal "Journalists" write these articles if they are just going to make personal attacks in them.
33. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:01 2 0
If you want to witness poor build quality. Check out the Techradar review of the HTC One. It has a loose volume rocker, AGAIN, just like my HTC One X and HTC 8x. They never fricking learn. And they wonder why Samsung kills them.
34. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:41 0 2
It seems like you never learn either, since you keep buying Htc.
35. Taters posted on 13 Mar 2013, 10:49 2 0
I can't help it, my job allows me to switch phones for cheap so I try everything, literally. And LG has been impressing the most lately, which I never thought I would say.
40. darkkjedii posted on 13 Mar 2013, 11:24 0 2
43. sunny131089 posted on 13 Mar 2013, 11:51 1 0
Replace d word Samsung with Toyota and there u go ......its nt abt d sense of awe or d ownership satisfaction anymore only about selling to herds n herds of people .......I really dnt understand why d companies who r beaten design beauties which simply implies your target is to have d bggest mkt share n then jusst dont give a damn...!!
45. EclipseGSX posted on 13 Mar 2013, 12:13 0 1
"The Samsung Galaxy S 4 might be made out of plastic and not as pretty as rivals like the HTC One or Apple iPhone 5" ...Victor stfu until it's released. Keep your Apple loving preconception to yourself.
48. bojan posted on 13 Mar 2013, 15:35 0 0
i love samsung but its not going to happen with this very ugly garbage desgin sorry samsung. you won apple you forgot about your costomers and now you give up on invation and making new things and quality.
51. DHILLON_ARSH posted on 13 Mar 2013, 17:54 1 0
if its that cheap plastic again,then u're trollin samsung...no one'z gonna buy it.......
52. Timmehor posted on 13 Mar 2013, 18:32 0 0
Probably will, but I'm starting to get this feeling that Samsung will loose it with this phone, and start the "descent".