Samsung executive: 9 million pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 18 May 2012, 01:29 posted on
A Samsung executive told Korea Economic Daily that thus far, the Samsung Galaxy S III has rung up 9 million units pre-ordered; considering the noise made when its predecessor scored 20 million in sales in 2011, we'd say this is a very big deal...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1531; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I wonder how many more pre-orders if they release the next version of the note...
16. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
now be ready for some crazy numbers for this beast. GO SAMMY.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Excited to see the US version. I hope they have improved the signal reception with these. Would be awesome if sprint implements the HD voice along with the improved call quality Samsung added for the more natural sound.
3. abdane (Posts: 478; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
WOW ! 9 million without US market ??? nice.
9 million in just half a month is like 18 million in a month, so lets say around 40 million for 1Q ??? that beats apple's 37 million ^_^
GO SAMMY ! :D
8. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Superb right!! this made my day Go SAMMY!!:) now where is that taco troll!!!
19. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The sale of SGS3 will actually got to second quater. By the way things looked right now, we would expect the 2nd quarter sale to hit at least 40-45 million if not more.
4. mayur0701 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 May 2012)
PLZ HELP ME....
i want to buy galaxy s 2
should i wait for few more days bcoz i think when galaxy s3 will come to market samsung might down their dual core mobile prices...
6. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
wait patiently...you will spare some extra chips for data plan:)
9. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Wait just wait... Save your money for SGS3 :)
5. mrochester (unregistered)
9 million, that's an incredible number! The S3 is definitely gonna be mega-popular!
7. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
with this news,i dont think nokia will ever regain its first place from samsung.nokia no.1 is history.the nokia company really dont care about their fans.no innovation.nokia pls adopt android.
10. turk_az (Posts: 27; Member since: 11 May 2012)
you can imagine there is some countries which users there can not pre-order .
Well done Sammy !!
11. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
I was reading on gsm arena about this same thing and saying that its no where near the pre orders of the iphone 4s but ermmmm are they not forgetting apple only have one product on ios each year. its not like you have many different mobiles running on ios like android. In the top segment you have the sgs3, htc one x, htc one s, you have the galaxy nexus, the galaxy note, upcoming lg optimus 4x, the sony xperia s those are just examples there many different top end, middle end and low end devices to choose from so ofcourse that is going to affect the sales of one particular android handset. Say now you just had the sgs series as the only phone availble on android each year, it would outsell the iphone of each year, so when people boast about how much a iphone is selling each year I do not understand it because if you had other phones running ios i am sure all the sales wouldnt just go to the iphone.
Oh and for all the people who disagree with what I am saying, I d c because you know it is the truth there are more people for android than there is for ios.
12. mrochester (unregistered)
Don't forget that this 9 million is from 145 countries.
13. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
you also don't have choice on ios, you have choice of many different models on android so naturally you won't get the super massive sales of ios because of this.
14. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
and USA is not yet included pre-orders not shipments so its really a good as the actual figure of sales south east asian countries are not yet included pre orders start here at may 23-29 so it'll increase by then..
15. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont forget that its more than the i4s launch weekend.
18. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah 4s launched in 9 coutries if not mistaken 4 million sold 1 million pre orders in 24 hours. if apple ever launched it in 145 countries i bet it would be more than this.
20. remixfa (Posts: 14151; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the i4s also launched in the USA which is by far its largest market and accounts for the bulk of it's total sales. the sgs3 pre orders haven't even started in the US yet.
17. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
if it had 2gb ram
if it had 2500 mah lipoly
if it was made in quality material
if it was 1.8 cpu
instead ov 9 million it would ev reached 15 million
but i don't, wouldn't see girls, or women buying this big phone
if they made a mini version ov this in 3.7 screen
Good luck SAMSUNG!
21. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
actually i think more womens would prefer this phone and larger screen devices...women always carry purses and handbags so for them carrying a bigger device is no problem
23. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
@TROLL.ISAHA, I dont know what has led you to jump to that assumption because I have seen many women with the one x, the galaxy note, htc sensation XL and I have seen many women come in carphone warehouse when i pre ordered mine and pre ordered the white version of the sgs3.
22. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If the 9 million is true that's really impressive.
24. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Is this an indication to beat the Iphone's sales?