Samsung exec says Andy Rubin was "stubborn" but Sundar Pichai is "super collaborative"
0. phoneArena 22 Mar 2013, 22:27 posted on
As the days go on, we're getting a clearer and clearer picture of why Andy Rubin stepped down as the head of Android, and Sundar Pichai was put in to replace him. The newest bit of information comes from Samsung's chief product officer Kevin Packingham, who said that Andy Rubin was "stubborn", but Sundar Pichai is "super collaborative"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I think this is a super great article, I think it's super cool than you posted it.
all kidding aside, I am curious to see what the future holds for Android. Android has really become super amazing in just the last couple years. Even mid range devices now are super responsive/lag free and have super specs. lol
19. jcarrigan (unregistered)
super super super super super super super super super super
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So was Samsung instrumental in the reshuffle/shuffle in any way?
12. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
have you read the article before about google execs visiting samsung in korea....that must be it...???
17. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
this the rumor about Nexus 5, with 8gb storage, no sd card and no replaceable battery.
wireless charging(but the charger still use wire) and 1080p LCD panel
6. Topcat488 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yeahhh boyyyeeee... It's like Google is the owner, Android is the Team, Andy was the coach and Samsung is the star player... Coach gotta go if the star player isn't happy... :/
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Unless Coach is of Manchester United which makes the players go ... :)
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Funny, Steve Ballmer also says that Stephen Elop is super collaborative too... uh oh...
8. SuperNexus (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
No comments! on this topic
But the article was Super Good.
14. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 98; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Super Sammy with Super Sunder, more Super Stuff to come? !!!
15. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Samsung wants to take the Apple route. They will become less, and less dependent on Android when they release Tizen. They want to control their hardware and software. This is why the GS4 was kinda underwhelming, they're saving the best spec phone for later this year when they release Tizen. Google also will eventually push Motorola into the #1 spot for android phones. Both companies understand that they must have a backup plan. Samsung, from a software standpoint, and a Google, from a hardware standpoint.
16. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
S for Sundar Pichai,
s for samsung
s for super hit collaboration.
18. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
lm happy to hear this and now let show the world that... android rules !!!