Samsung encouraged by Galaxy Grand success, expects to sell 1 million Galaxy Mega 5.8s a month
0. phoneArena 12 Apr 2013, 04:01 posted on
Samsung is expecting to sell around 1 million Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 smartphones judging by the company’s request for 1 million 5.8-inch touch panels to suppliers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
That's a large call for such a large phone.
9. dickwyn (Posts: 586; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i would have to wait till the device comes out till i have a conclusion. I'm pretty sure i'm gonna like it cause i feel my Galaxy Note is small now
11. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
The bigger the better, right? The note 8 would fit you pretty well.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I see Galaxy Grand hugely successful here in India. Even after fierce competition by Micromax Canvas phones and other local manufacturers Grand is really doing well here.
3. Mr..J (Posts: 17; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
i would have bought galaxy grand if it had a good processor and gpu.gaming is s**t on it
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2999; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Most people with tablets don't know much about how to use the embeded features. They just want to show off...and if that's the point, this phone won't be far off.
I don't see businessmen carrying huge slates in their hands.
5. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Big screen is pointless if it cant play proper high end games, and low screen res doesnt help either
7. Kurai (unregistered)
what's next ? . . .galaxy giga? tera? or maybe some galaxy mega mini s3 ?
8. FlushGordon (unregistered)
10. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Galaxy Grand sells very well in my country. The advantage of a large screen with low resolution is that everything looks so big, and that's very good to ageing eyes. Average people expects bigger device to have bigger icons and fonts and not the other way
12. lovefist (unregistered)
wth is a galaxy grand? never seen one in a shop and nobody heard someone talk about it.
13. pyradark (Posts: 752; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
people dont really care whats on the phone, 1080p, airview, blah blah blah
as long as there is a uniqueness on a device, people would buy it
Grand Duos offer a cheap price that's why its a HIT!! even a lot of people dont brag the WVGA resolution. hahaha
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5258; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Am I the only one who doesn't like the "DUOS"?
16. Deemow26 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
This article is not correct.
The Mega 5.8 and Galaxy Grand are DUAL SIM GSM phones.
The real article here is that customer want dual sim capability.
17. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2119; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What exactly about this article in incorrect? Samsung has many dual-sim phones. The fact that the Grand is selling well shows many are interested in dual-sim as well as large screen phones.
18. b1acktiger (Posts: 205; Member since: 19 May 2012)
The Bigger is better theory has to fall. Sick Samsung.