Samsung does it again, making fun of those waiting on line for the Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 19 Sep 2012, 13:33 posted on
Samsung has released a new television ad that not only makes fun of the Apple iPhone 5 and its features, but also hints that the Apple iPhone 5 is the phone for your parents; the ad shows that many of the iPhone's new features, such as a larger screen and LTE coverage, are nothing new for Samsung Galaxy S III users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. hateftotti (Posts: 199; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Actually everything that is new for iphone users is our memories such as 4inch display,4G LTE,and...
50. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
One of the best adverts I have ever seen. Well done Sammy.
57. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Note 2 -----------> Real Men
86. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
lazy people haha thats funny, by the way i saw wnedygarrett did u?
126. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Their next ad will be people waiting in line for the SG4.
"This one is better because the screen is 0.2" bigger than before"
140. MAS10X (Posts: 38; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
Wow, how do you expect to be taken seriously when you have a pic of Rebecca Black as your avatar...
123. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yesterday in a train I just switched full battery with my SGS2 after extensive use and an iPhone girl had to plug her charger....luckily and exceptionally there was an electric socket :)
iPhone just can not be used as a camera....dead in a few hours with no options....maybe 2 iPhones in a pocket? :)
61. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
"The headphone jack is going to be on the bottom"
f**king hilarious hahahahahahahahhaha
79. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
If Apple made an ad: "Hey look, the new galaxy has siri!" "Hey! its even worse looking than the last one!" hahaha any company can make another phone look stupid.
106. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Apple doesn't need to do it, though. When you are on top, you don't care what the losers behind you are doing. Sammy needs to keep making some money to pay Apple.
111. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I know! Apple hasn't even taken the time to make commercials firing back at Samsung!
121. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Just like Microsoft never took the time to fire back at all the:
"Hi im a Mac/ and Im a PC" commercials
Sometimes its best to shut up and not draw more attention to an "Im callin you out" commercial
128. tedkord (Posts: 11890; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They don't care so much that they need to sue everyone in creation to ban competing phones.
Oh and they're not on top. Samsung is on top, number one smartphone manufacturer in the world with most smartphones sold. And android is on top with roughly two thirds market share.
3. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Love it. I really enjoy these teasing ribbings companies give each other in advertisements. Keep this stuff up, work hard in the R&D labs, and stay out of the courtrooms!
45. Deadeye37 (Posts: 162; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Somebody buy this guy a beer! ... or a root beer if he doesn't drink.
71. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Both are good! Or a nice not-too-smoky Scotch! Irish Whisky OK in a pinch
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This was a funny ad. Samsung's marketers didn't lose their touch from the last ads featuring this concept.
81. snowgator (Posts: 3597; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
If anything, this one is more effective with all the "upgrades" of the iPhone 5. My only gripe? Where was the "1 more row of icons" quip?
5. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Got owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GS3 for life bababyyyyy!!!
122. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
ooooooh "for life" is too long... how bout: "Till my next upgrade"?
8. Aeires (unregistered)
Mom and dad, classic!
9. Seymur (unregistered)
isn't Galaxy Player and S Voice is clearly copy of iPod touch and Siri? Idc who created those in 1990. Everyone copied Apple but now more succesfull than him.
Nice ad. Best device.
19. MEeee (Posts: 352; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Voice Talk now S Voice existed in the S2 and S2 released 6 months before the 4S.
2012 iPod Nano looks just like 2007 Samsung YP-P2 mp3 players.
31. Seymur (unregistered)
I use S2 and I'm not talking about Voice Talk. I'm not talking about Android. But Samsungs INNOVATIONS.
Give me thumbs down fandroids. Apple sucks but Samsung copies. If you can't see reality, you suck too.