Samsung developing 13 megapixel camera sensor for smartphones and tablets
1. sam_tek (Posts: 101; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
yeah, about time. competition's heating up with the Optimus G and the lumias!
hey, I like sammy - owned s, s2 and the nexus, but....ain't that the truth?
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
seeing Samsung's release cycles and sales, I think they wouldn't release anything that will overpower the S3 for now especially if it ain't polished.
Samsung Galaxy S IV it is, 13MP and an ARM15 processor, possibly a 1080p Super AMOLED screen too.but that's next year.
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
if I would make the SGS4 spec sheet it would comprise of,
Exynos 5 dual core A15 processor, 13MP camera, 3GB of RAM, maybe a 5-inch 1080p S-AMOLED HD+, ultra fast transfer rate for microSD card, 4G LTE and NFC, wireless charging.
SHUTTER F*CKING KEY! and the super cool haptic technology developed by tactus, the tactile haptic feedback! I'll also find a way to make it a dual-sim phone so it would sell like hotcakes! :)))
8. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
im not sure about the 13 MP cam and the 3 Gb RAMS , since they just started with the its development now ..it will take them at least a year to start production in big volume ,, so i would replace the 13MP with the last year research "12MP" mention in the article above .
and for the ram thing ... like 7 months back ..or more samsung started production a DDR3 mobile RAMs so i guess it might be 2 GB DDR3 instead of the current DDR2 rams
as for resolution .... they said that they figured out how to make a 350+ ppi 5" screen not sure how much that would be
well that all i can modify from my side of view
2. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
ithink 13mp for next Galaxy S in 2013 ................
3. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
The standard really should be 12 to 13MP by now!
6. BreakingNews (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Anyone who puts a 13MP camera in a tablet would be foolishly ignoring the fact that nobody really gives a toss about a 13MP camera in a tablet.
11. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Anyone who foolishly doesn't put a higher MP camera in their tablet is ignoring the fact that people actually DO give a toss about the camera on their tablet. Maybe YOU don't, but many people do. I take way more pictures with my iPad than my Galaxy Note. It's just more enjoyable when fooling around at home. And camera costs are nominal compared to many other components.
12. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
If it's gonna be like the 12MP Sony camera or 13MP LG camera or 16MP HTC camera, NO THANK YOU. Those are terrible.
13. cncrim (Posts: 636; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I want a nice photo not the more megapixel, i want the picture quality like nokia 920 or a t least like an iphone.
14. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
dude you can buy 920 instead of complaining
15. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
pure view technology of is miles ahead any 13MP sensor