Samsung copied Apple says Apple expert witness
0. phoneArena 06 Aug 2012, 18:37 posted on
University of Pennsylvania associate professor Peter Bressler told the jury at the Apple-Samsung patent trial that Samsung copied Apple with the trade dress for its line of phones; the expert witness testfed that the Samsung Galaxy S infringes on a pair of Apple patents...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Galaxy Note infringes on iPad design patents? Are you fu--ing kidding me? You'd have to be stupid to fall for that!
12. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
change the title from expert witness to PAID WITNESS
Galaxy note infringes IPad design :o
either he was high while making the statement or Apple showed him the original NOTE with apple logo
22. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The galaxy note is black and rectangular thats enough for Apple. I just noticed by onyko speaker system remote control next to me is also black and rectangular and now i worry for the company as they too much clearly have copied apple!!
25. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Alright, the Original Galaxy S Smartphone did have some similar resemblances with the Apple iPhone, but to say that the future generations of the Galaxy S line copies Apple is absurd.
It's like a grandson being punished by his grandfather's enemies 50 years later.
. . . and the UI is quite different from iOS.
30. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You see the problem is that Samsung Galaxy S doesn't pose a threat for Apple but Samsung Galaxy S III does.
39. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
These are apple's witnesses who would be coached on what say and not to say. Samsung will have their own. This isn't anything unusual.or definitive. The cross-examination seems well done, pointing out Samsung's point on its strategy to invalidate apple's overly broad patents
43. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13555; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How is that stupid? Samsung copied many of Apple's designs and patents. It was apparently enough for Google to step in and warn Samsung not to do it any further.
48. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
If companies ideas and design was patented before apple steals it, apple will never reach its status today...
Don't ask what are those, you obviously knew it but so blind to accept it.
72. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Apple steals ideas, since no one can have a monoploy on ideas. There lies the defect in the android fanboy camp.
That is why we have patents -- to build better mousetraps. If The idea is a mousetrap, then anyone can file new patents on mousetraps.
83. tedkord (Posts: 11893; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, but if the idea existed prior or is obvious, then the patent is invalid. Therein lies the defect in the iOS fanboy camp.
We now know that not only Samsung, but Sony were working on similar designs. LG already had one in the public.So not only did the rounded corner rectangle with minimal button exist prior, it was obvious evolution of the market, based on the fact that so many were already working on it.
103. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Thats all I needed to read.
This case is becoming a joke. Seriously.
118. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Smurf, samsung copied
Don't start a comment fight
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
This witness is obviously paid by Apple.
42. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13555; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Nothing more than a biased claim. You can't prove anything about the witness being paid.
52. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
May be he was not paid but he says stupid things, how can you accuse someone on using a shape( rectangle ) and colour (black) that people has been using for thousands of years.
The US patent office is stupid to give patent for such things.
Read the case about patent of using turmeric and neem in medicine.
58. MeoCao (unregistered)
Haha, 75k up to now. Need a proof?
84. tedkord (Posts: 11893; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Wow, for $75G, I'll lie through my teeth and claim that I believe Samsung copied Apple.
92. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 13555; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You obviously know nothing about how court trials work. That doesn't prove anything other than bias against Apple.
49. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Per the testimony of the witness under oath, he is being paid $400 per hour for his testimony, and has so far made about $75K.
Here's a link:http://www.siliconvalley.com/c
67. willard12 (Posts: 1706; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Wow, too bad this minor detail didn't make it into the article. IPhone users pay a 70% markup on a 4Gless phone in order to allow apple to pay $400 an hour to a guy to say the Infuse 4g copies the iPhone.
104. jroc74 (Posts: 6013; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Damn!! $400 an hour?
What in the world does he do for a living that justifies this rate??
4. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
they brought in an "expert" to identify a black rectangle with a centered display?
5. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Apple expert is standing on Apple side, Samsung can't win this case "looks and feels" similarity all phone makers copied Apple designed. Apple copied and patented designed from STAR TREK.
6. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
But what about the Samsung, Galaxy Spica, The Behold, The pixon, The Wave, how about the GSM phones, its just too much focus on the current Galaxy phones.
50. frydaexiii (Posts: 1456; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Even the current Galaxy S3 is looking more like one of it's classic designs, curved, not uniformed shaped home button. The only phone that actually looks remotely like the iPhone is the first Galaxy S, other than that Apple just being whiny that people are actually buying Samsung's products instead of theirs.
7. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
is he a professor????
wat did he found unique in rectangular flat display,black colour and face centred display.....
i dono how mad he gonna make his students????
so pity of them.....