Samsung confirms March 14th introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S IV?
0. phoneArena 24 Feb 2013, 23:48 posted on
As expected, Korean manufacturer Samsung will introduce the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S IV on March 14th at an event that will take place in New York City; no other details were announced and the news is sure to energize the first day attendees of MWC 2013 in Barcelona, where a number of new models will be introduced...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. jonartpop (Posts: 186; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
They build great flagship phones but not as great as Samsung imo :P especially the OS update support thing.
27. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Like it's gonna fail or something for not being cooler than Sony or HTC.
9. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
There is no better place to announce the Galaxy S4 than Manhattan New York City it's definitely the place to be. Samsung will shock the world with specs and software solutions. Can't wait.
11. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Galaxy S4 got screwed this year, oh well Xperia Z or another flagship device.
15. Hemoroid (Posts: 72; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
This is a Sammy GS4 news, stop annoying and respect it.
56. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
XZ got screwed already by HTC One..
XZ's only unique selling point ryt now is its water and dust resistance
59. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The GSIV isn't out yet so how can you tell? Please, don't take your dreams for reality.
14. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
The GS3 can't even do a simple function as 'copy and paste' without crashing and they're releasing the 4th one already?
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
No surprise that the trolls are already coming out of the woodwork.
21. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
they can't help themselves, its fear and insecurity worrying them
42. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
@ g2a5b0e What would you know about work?
61. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What do I know about work? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean or what it even has to do with anything. I have a job, so I guess I know about work.
36. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
You know this guy really meant talk about his iphone. Don't hate appreciate android and the Galaxy S3.
41. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Samsung has known about this issue since October and still hasn't fixed it.
47. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i knew about that issue.. after read the news i tried to copy paste some document from a website with my s3.. then nothing happened with my phone.. so i assumed not every s3 in this world got this problem..
48. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
@maccess Fortunately mine was plagued with this flaw. So Verizon gave me a Droid DNA as a replacement.
53. Retro-touch (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
So what its not the end of the world cause something happened to you, millions of others are enjoying the GS3 without said issue, go back to your cave
58. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Never said it was the end of the world. I simply pointed out a flaw in the GS3 that Samsung continually refuse to fix. That is all.
Now go back to your physically undesirable mom's basement.
20. Mehdia (Posts: 23; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
Samsung VS Apple & Htc & Lg & Motorola & Sony & Nokia
All in Brabds is more enemy SAmsung
Samsung Coomooon Knowk out All Brands
Good Job Sammy
23. GMS85 (Posts: 209; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Overrated product! Actually I'm using S3 and I really hate it! Can't wait to get my Sony Xperia Z
29. archangel9 (Posts: 233; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
What better way to do it at esp.NY!!!Round the corner from the fruit store
31. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I think it will set a new record for number of pre-orders.
32. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I can't wait. Although the HTC fans are probably less patience than we are. They are probably praying to god that people will buy the HTC One before the GS4 released. And they are probably praying that the GS4 doesn't trounce the HTC One. Although it probably already did considering they have the buttons in the right places already unlike the HTC One.
That is all it needs really. Buttons in the right place like the GS3 and a 3000 mah battery and then the HTC One is as good as done.
39. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why so rude, you hurt my feelings as an HTC fan :'(
Seriously though, I wouldn't consider myself a HTC fan. I'm a fan of any manufacturer that gives great build quality and uses a good OS and/or custom UI. Sony, Motorola, HTC, and Nokia (to an extent) fit that; HTC more so than the others.
If the GS4 has good build quality and better software features (I'm 95% positive that it will have better software), I'll be more than happy to compare it to the HTC One as an option for my new device when my upgrade comes in April, or I just might buy it unlocked if the carrier branding bugs me.
I'm a fan of Samsung's software (as of 2012), their displays, and their usually high spec count. I'm just completely turned away from their products with the design though. This Galaxy S2 I have will be the first and last Samsung smartphone I own if the GS4 doesn't have good build quality.
Also, button placement is judged by preference and 3,000 mAh is a dream bubble that's bound to be popped. Samsung barely fit a 3,100 mAh battery in the Note II which the GS4 will be nowhere close to in terms of size. I expect no more than 2,600 mAh, and that's being optimistic.
63. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Button placement is about ergonomics, unless everyone doesn't have 5 fingers and thumbs in the same place, placing the power button on the top left of such a tall phone and placing the home button where yoiu have to bend your thumb unnaturally is poor button placement, yet HTC never learns.
As far as the battery, if Motorola can do it, I am sure Samsung can. Or they can just buy the batteries from them.
Now that we know the Qualcomm 800 is ready for a ZTE phone, the HTC fans are now praying that the GS4 doesn't use a 800.
33. mydi.maus (unregistered)
OPTIMUS G2 IS BEST
43. bruindog (Posts: 32; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Trying to keep an open mind this time around. I think I over hyped the GS3 myself and although I was disappointed at first it grew on me and is my favorite phone to date. I'm just looking forward to see what innovation Sammy is offering this time around and if it will be a true upgrade to the GS3. Not just a Galaxy S3 S like good old apple is known for. Give me a better screen, better processor, better cam, and bigger battery and ill pre order this baby in a heartbeat.