Samsung confirmed prepping to sue over LTE usage in the new iPhone, Apple stock down 2.6%
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2012, 01:54 posted on
"It’s true that Samsung Electronics has decided to take immediate legal action against the Cupertino-based Apple. Countries in Europe and even the United States ― Apple’s home-turf ― are our primary targets," said the source...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
That was quite brilliant actually.
Really enjoyed it :)
16. rudlie (Posts: 205; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
sammy, u act like u have all LTE patents. u will be missed and spend another billion
17. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not likely. These are patents which have not yet been declared standards essential. Samsung and HTC could both take big bites out of Apple with this one.
38. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they dont have "all patents", but they are one of the worlds biggest LTE patent holders.
Apple just bought a ton of small companies and patent portfolios to be like #4 or #5 in the LTE patent world.. last year they had zero.
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Samsung and HTC... Apple is being double teamed here.
22. dreeemer (Posts: 28; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Appleits gonna have to remake the logo. Add some more bite marks! Loll
26. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
This smartphone will break all records !! Actually their own records.\m/
27. jpayne7660 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Those in glass houses should not cast stones! If the sales of the iphone 5 is just halted for a couple of days alone....well the $$$$ impact would be immense. It's true what they say about Karma!
30. spindoctor55 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
This just in...Apple is suing the apple industry for the term "Apple". From now on we must call that beloved fruit..."Ullaro"
31. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I love how with the way the patent system works, Apple can just go out and buy up patents for a technology they haven't had/wanted until it became big. Now they can buy patents from other people, and use it against a company that actually invented some of the tech.
32. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
YES! they deserve it after all the BS that they tried to pull off last couple of months. Pay back time. This one is for the people. Burn in hell and stay there.
40. kanagadeepan (Posts: 927; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Take that you half-eaten rotten fruit co...
45. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
@ droiddoes,, Ooh ...coherent sentences huh !! LOL ... Um Sri lankan u prick.. Can u even read one word of Sinhala ???? If u call me like that think what could u do in our language?? This is the only think u know ?