Samsung claims Apple's iPhone was based on a Sony design concept floated in 2006
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2012, 08:29 posted on
Samsung's trial brief shows that Apple actually was steered to the idea for the final first iPhone design by a Sony concept. The whole ordeal allegedly started in 2006, when Bloomberg made an interview with designers from Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
101. Schuler2828 (Posts: 58; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Your f**king retarded
Apple is f**king retarded
117. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
you have turned crazy
you are gone mad
u are swearing WHY!!!!!
THIS IS STYLISH TACTICAL BUSINESS
NO OTHER THAN APPLE .
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Still dont see why on earth sony wanted to make a iphone. Apple wants to DESTROY ANDROID yet they still make some parts for them while Apple BANS the competition. They won't even get the sales if they actually design the iphone. Sony makes one of the best looking Android phones.
45. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wait a minute.... Didn’t Sir Jony Ives get a design award for the iPhone 4 with this exact design? Shouldn’t they take back the award because it is obviously clear that he didn’t really come up with the original design?
56. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Thumbed down? Jony? You read the boards here?
47. mrfwy (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
So both Apple and Samsung owes money to NOKIA and SONY !!
52. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Apple has no bluetooth they dont pay fees
it still sells
apple has no mms they dont pay fees
it still sells
apple can sell
77. kunyuk (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Yeah you're right dude, cr@pple can sell a sh*t
97. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Thats why every tech giants are copying Apples ip4.
thats why ipad dominates the market.
53. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
You know what?! I am actually ROFLING on the floor in real life now, after seeing all of your comments. WHY?
YOur comments make no sense.
Nonsensical sentence to defend apple.
NO ONE WILL GIVE A DAMN ABT YOU AND PLEASE GET A LIFE!
shameless sheep. Must be the black sheep amongst the white sheeps (meaning odd one out)
Talking to apple fans like you is just like teaching a cat how to drive a car. You just force the reasons.
G E T A L I F E !
55. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
A-P-P-L-E your almost a bigger troll then Apple
98. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
No a sopporter just like all u jelious Android
Fandroids. i have shares. Samsung are
not floating on stocks.
102. Schuler2828 (Posts: 58; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
If we were jealous wouldn't we ave an iPhone?
103. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
you would love to. But ur EGO kicks in!!!!
116. GellerDoesDallas (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Just shut up already! You're on a website where the majority of people who post are android fans, they are not going to listen you, so give up you're wasting your time.
58. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Just another day at the tech world where companies steal and copy from each other
70. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Samsung, you better leave Sony out this battle.!
76. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Wow.. you cant get more direct than this evidence. Even judge koh would have a hard time saying that samsung should be punished for copying apples look when its obvious it wasnt apples look at all. If/when tyis case comes down on samsungs side, sony shoukd use the same evidence to take apple to task. If aple thinks "looking similar" is worth 2 billion in fines, then sony should sue apple for 10 bllion for a complete rip off.
99. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I would say half of Apple assets because Apple products are like to Sony similarity.
126. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
by Samsung bring this up means that they did copy Sony.. I hope Sony collects 2 Billion from Samsung as well..
142. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you cant sue samsung for copying sony when apple is trying to prove they copied them. If samsung knew any of this before hand, they would have brought it out the first time Apple tried to take them to court over rectangles and stopped the whole thing. Sony can only sue Apple for the direct rip off. They cant sue everyone else that looks a little like apple. too many degrees of separation.
185. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
No no no..
You have to remove the as well....
How in the world could Apple sue based off this Sony design? If anything, Apples lawsuit would get tossed and replaced by Sony.
Apple looks stupid right about now.
79. alien_x (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Does this moron A-P-P-L-E makes any sense in any comment? I am sure just like alphabets in his username, his very few neurons has also been separated from each other.
120. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
ur post is off topic.
please control urself.
and be COOL and act like a civalized educated person.
170. alien_x (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Look at your s**tty comments. Does any of those makes any sense? Why do you have most dislikes? You should have learned by now that you are the one with only 1 neuron in your brain.
81. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Leave Sony out of the court... They need to be focusing on releasing the Mint!!
88. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
does this claim weigh more than what apple claiming google even tried to stop samsung copying the iphone? or samsung deleting evidences that will lead to proving they copied apple? let's see!
91. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
samsung wants to say that it copied sony lolzzz.....now samsung should keep sony out of all this s**t.....samsung cannot avoid lawsuits and apple's clutches, let sony enjoy their freedom......sony never patented this design......maybe apple and sony have worked on the design together.....or maybe sony just wanted to stay away from all these useless wars because they remained quiet.....apple and samsung should not drag any other company into this....live and let live....we(the people) want great products to make the headlines, not the latest news of the courtroom
138. donfem (Posts: 573; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Bottomline is, Sony is just too big to worry about flimsy and totally ridiculous lawsuits to stifle a competitor like Apple is doing. Think about this, if Samsung fabricated this story, don't they stand to lose everything? I know about accusations, libel and slander. If these pictures are true as well as the interview, well Sony should go after the bully.
140. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Sony is actually struggling very badly in the mobile sector and could use the cash and publicity.
"sony.. so good, Apple completely ripped us off" I can see the adverts now. lol.
143. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
no actually, sony didn't patent it so they can't do anything now....apple has patented every iphone that they have made before introducing it to the world, now even if sony goes to the court they will have to fight for years just like samsung,apple and might lose a lot of money in the process....so i think they should stay away from this junk and use their money for r&d.......
145. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
sony didn't patent this design so they can't get anything just like that, they will have to face a lot of junk in the court....samsung and apple are having a lot of money so they are spending some of the money in the court, if sony files a lawsuit and if sony loses then they would go bankrupt.......we don't know if these pictures are true or not but i think its always better to make newer technology with your money rather than fighting for the older technology......
182. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Its not about bringing Sony in it....its showing that Apple needs to shut up about copying.
How can they claim Samsung is copying them....when this Sony device was made in 2006?
If anything....it might give Sony fuel for lawsuits....so it may backfire....lol.
187. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
then apple might say that they didn't see that design at all because it was not unveiled to the world by sony but samsung saw apple and ate away its market.....i want to say that no matter what,these patent wars won't stop....i think we must just accept the truth and move on because we can't ignore these useless patent wars(the useless way of wasting valuable time in fighting for older things rather than making newer stuff)......sony is in trouble, samsung shouldn't force them to enter these useless wars because apple might just go to ms and say that sony copied a concept made by ms etc etc etc.........let these two companies find solutions by themselves rather than dragging in other companies into hell
92. smartphonemad (Posts: 42; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Casually thumbing down anything that A-P-P-L-E posts :L
106. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Please stop spelling like a moron. Your entitled to your opinion but the damn spelling man.....
115. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
You legitimately sort of creep my out after reading all the posts on this article. Your either a serial killer, a pedophile, or like 8 years old.
122. cliffordm81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Your should be You're meaning you are.. Sorry English and grammar is kinda(sp) my thing..
124. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
it's not that needed, sufficient...!
123. A-P-P-L-E (banned) (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
pls stop reading to many Apple posts.
u are uncivalized.
u are more doomed and brainwashed than i am.
a wize advise to u please stop reading.
171. alien_x (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
ROFL... I am sure everybody here felt that something is wrong with this moron :P
107. hulumanu (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
there's an easy way to settle this.... get a 10 year old, put him a room with a sgs3, let him hold it and inspect it all he wants... take the same 10 year old, put him in a room with just an iphone.. let him inspect it all he wants. then put the 10 year old in a room with both phones and ask him to pick up the iphone and see how long it takes him to get it right.....
112. monkeytown (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
so...apple stole sony´s design, which copied the ipod?
samsung should really care about THEIR business
188. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Check the years of the iPod models....and compare it to this design....
113. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
are you kidding this doesnot match at all
119. cliffordm81 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Every time I read the comments from A-P-P-L-E I feel less intelligent.. Anyway that aside, Apple is innovative but yes in Jobs thoughts it takes smart people to copy/steal an idea and build off of it which is what Apple has done. Many other manufacturers have done the same and have had successful feedback as well, maybe not as on such a large scale as Apple but hey this is how the world works.. Think outside the box or conform to mediocrity..
121. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow Samsung cannot defend themselves and are bringing Sony to the mix.. Samsung defend your products.. Sony is a big boy then can do this if the wanted too.. because it only shows that you did copy. either form Apple or Sony.. so just pay up..
141. donfem (Posts: 573; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It's not about "big boy". The truth will always come out no matter who tries to cover up. As "innovative" as they think they are, isn't it funny that the innovation was actually not theirs?
149. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Samsung is being accused of copying... this only proves that Samsung is guilty.. they can make their 2 billion check to Apple or Sony...
159. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
no samusng is bringing in evidence showing that apple did not create the minimalistic design phones are today. samsung have also shown evidence of there own showing designs of a minimalistic phone with large screen and 1 button that predates the iphone..all this proves is that apple is not as original as they and many apple fans claim..it shouldnt matter where evidence comes from,if its evidence its evidence. its not like apple are not bringing outside evidence of there own
130. raniganj (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
So now it looks that we might see an iPhone prototype just like we saw the iPad prototype as Steve jobs had rejected many iPhone prototype
131. MartinR (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
LOLSERZZ !!! NUFF SAID!
132. MartinR (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
IT is about ,like you can not sue somebody about design if you stole it yourselfs. So it is fair from Sammy to proof that with the concept from Sony.....