Samsung claims Apple's iPhone was based on a Sony design concept floated in 2006
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:29
Samsung's trial brief shows that Apple actually was steered to the idea for the final first iPhone design by a Sony concept. The whole ordeal allegedly started in 2006, when Bloomberg made an interview with designers from Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:31 51
Dont forget the nokia concept too that apple stolen :)
16. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:48 54
Wow, this is exactly like iPhone's "iconic" design LOL. How shameless Apple is.
23. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:52 11
Apple made it famous. others couldnt.
108. shuaibhere posted on 26 Jul 2012, 11:19 26
now samsung made it more famous..... so why apple cant shut its mouth......
151. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 26 Jul 2012, 14:41 11
I was not going to say anything because I am trying to turn over a new leaf. BUT.....
Apple really has no shame. If they still insist that they developed that "iconic" look then what else is there to say?
I am with Apple on this, BOTH Sony & Nokia went back into the past with their Back to the Future apps, used an iPhone 4 but slapped a Sony logo on it & used Apple patents that Nokia now has because they already knew the iPhone 4 was "iconic".
That's plausible right? I mean that’s GOT to be what happened. I believe you Apple this is a conspiracy against you. Apple FTW! lol
157. SleepingOz posted on 26 Jul 2012, 16:27 2
Oh man, please get a life!
158. tedkord posted on 26 Jul 2012, 16:48 7
Ok, so it's ok to steal ideas as long as they're not popular. Is that it?
Actually, I think you feel it's ok to steal ideas if you're Apple, and only Apple.
175. jroc74 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 08:47 2
Yea...Apple is mad at Samsung for copying what Apple already copied....lol.
Apple wants to be the only ones who copy others.... :(
173. jroc74 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 08:41 0
Marketing and execution, thats all.
That doesnt mean one should dimiss what the iPhone was inspired by, what Apple copied, however you wanna look at it... :)
95. andro. posted on 26 Jul 2012, 10:39 17
I was gonna say the same,f*ck me the iphone looks extremely similar. Funny thing is it took apple several years to actually reach this level of design with the iphone 4.
174. jroc74 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 08:45 0
lol....this is nothing new tho:
Its really funny tho.....that amazing, innovative iPhone 4 design was ...copied....just like what they did with Braun products.
27. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:57 7
Well others tried. But failed.
Apple took it and cause the world a damage. Like no others has.
35. Tjey007 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:07 16
lol i bet you are hungry...you are trolling all over...take some rest..enough for the day :P
40. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:11 8
What a joke. more like you all jelious...
get over it loooosers! Face the facts and logic.
Apple is Apple like no others.
More like you all Trolling.
44. iamcc posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:15 23
More like you dumb like rock.
72. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:48 5
pls get a life and stop being jelious of Apple.
Get over it.
155. Ksolaoke posted on 26 Jul 2012, 16:20 6
jealous of apple, that's the best you could come up with, try again.......it would be better if you could spell jealous correctly.
165. Jphones posted on 26 Jul 2012, 21:37 4
learn how to spell dumbass
73. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:49 3
i think you need help. get wize councelling.
129. techsavvy.jaz posted on 26 Jul 2012, 12:01 21
"Apple is Apple like no others."
exactly our point mate .. stealers.like.no.other
144. osmaankhaan (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 13:35 17
like.no.other is sony's line
see apple company and also its users (iFools) copy sony
62. alien_x posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:33 31
Yeh apple did damage --> to your brain.
105. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 11:15 3
ur more damaged. cause u hate Apple.
so u need to get over it.
147. corporateJP posted on 26 Jul 2012, 13:49 7
Money...you are clearly blind, mentally disabled and you have "poor Engrish".
A real nice triffecta.
162. joey_sfb posted on 26 Jul 2012, 20:00 4
You need to pull your head out in the sand. Unless you have hundreds of thousand of apple shares.
Apple lawsuit would not bring you a single benefit. Less competition mean more pricey apple product.
Apple recent price reduction in ML, iPad are the result of competition or because apple is feeling charitable.
iFan will believe all the marketing info feed to them by Tim Cook.
14. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:47 7
Apple were first to design this. Every-one is Xeroxing Apples
design. To many copycats!
Apple had lead will lead have lead allways will
others will follow us!!!
24. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:55 4
Others dont have the equity to patent. Apple will has paid double triple the cash amount.
86. Evil_SaNz posted on 26 Jul 2012, 10:20 11
I can imagine a post-apocalyptic future where the world is in a queue with an apple sticker on their heads
152. SonyFTW2020 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 15:22 3
more like chips in their wrist.....uh o did i say that?? silly me
110. shuaibhere posted on 26 Jul 2012, 11:23 6
i too thought the same thing.... they paid double triple to patent office to make others patents their....
22. Tjey007 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:51 21
thnx..i havent found a reason to laugh all day till now.
128. serious9010 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 11:58 2
wow, that's sad.
51. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:20 18
Speaking of Xerox, didn't Apple steal their UI?
59. structureman116 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:28 20
Obviously Apple wasnt the first to design it since they stole Sony's design you tool shed. Apple is going after Samsung for stealing something that was stolen to begin with. I guess this means once the Samsung-Apple case is done, Sony can go after both of them for $24 per iphone and Galaxy phone...at which point Apple will promptly say that the design is only worth .0049 cents per unit. Apple is full of a bunch of thieving, hypocritical pricks and they deserve to have the book thrown at them in court!
153. SonyFTW2020 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 15:24 10
Only thing, Sony will not play this childish game with either samsung or apple......Sony isnt going to sue anyone they will just get the praise out of all this and respect for coming up with the design that belonged to them all along..........Yea sony is beast like that
61. alien_x posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:31 18
Do you know apple stole xerox's UI to make Macintosh? Otherwise their wouldn't be any apple at all. So its apple who literally xeroxed.
Read about bitchiness of apple before being a blind moron and eat every s**t what apple feeds you.
150. qwertypoor posted on 26 Jul 2012, 14:26 5
"Others will follow us" b!+¢# you don't work for apple! your just a pathetic fanboy lol their important in your life you aren't in there's
161. tedkord posted on 26 Jul 2012, 19:24 3
Is that irony, using the word "Xeroxing" in a discussion about Apple and stealing?
Apple's first great theft.
176. jroc74 posted on 27 Jul 2012, 08:51 1
Apple was the first to design....the iPhone 4? Thats based on this 2006 Sony device?
Cmon guy...just accept it that Apple copies just like any other company.
2. kamil posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:33 9
cant you guys just live sony out of this. sony is busy with their next flagship phone and dont want any delays for their flagship phones just because you guys decided to get sony into the court :P
7. sammy_saw posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:39 16
Maybe this is the case that apple doesn't sue Sony
34. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:06 27
Great PR for Sony - "Sony, the inventor of the iPhone...."
5. BabyWade posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:38 38
I swear this battle between Apple & Samsung gets better and funnier everyday.
32. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:03 5
Apple will win.
SAMDUNG THE COPYCATS!!!!!
50. Raymond_htc posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:20 19
You know what?! I am actually ROFLING on the floor in real life now, after seeing all of your comments. WHY?
YOur comments make no sense.
Nonsensical sentence to defend apple.
NO ONE WILL GIVE A DAMN ABT YOU AND PLEASE GET A LIFE!
shameless sheep. Must be the black sheep amongst the white sheeps (meaning odd one out)
Talking to apple fans like you is just like teaching a cat how to drive a car. You just force the reasons.
G E T A L I F E !
75. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:56 2
your laughing and i feel sorry for u. Apple has taken
over ur mind body and soul. you are not urself any longer. u need a big help in hand .... Stop visiting
phonearena for few months ule be urself.
please stop being jelious and i no it is herting ur feelings. no need to speak of ill tounge be urself
not a fool. i no paradoxes are side by side.
Apple has doomed u.
I speak of truth...
80. smartphonemad posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:59 12
Apple has taken over him?! Look at your own comments again
60. shac78 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:31 12
look at that picture above! apple are copycats too!
167. smartphone posted on 26 Jul 2012, 22:25 2
Ok most of your comments are stupid and are out of pure fanboism.
but I admire your zeal to defend Apple even though in your heart you know they are the real thieves in technology world and got slammed by Nokia patents.
Good luck Sony is not sueing apple becoz they don't believe in stupid things.
6. Dunknown posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:39 13
Actually most of the specification stuff on phone were steal from Nokia R&D. Includes samsung, sony, apple, and etc
13. wendygarett posted on 26 Jul 2012, 08:46 6
Sad but true, thats why stephen elop blindly reduce the R&D cost :(
30. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:01 3
Apple still pays fees.. for using others patents. unlike others...
63. structureman116 posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:33 16
Yeah...Apple wants to pay .0049 cents to Samsung for their technology that, without it, would make an iphone a paperweight with no functionality, yet thinks a rectangle and a color are their property and nobody else can use it. $hit...maybe Crayola should sue Apple for making the iphone one of their most popular crayon colors, and the relatives of Euclid (the father of Geometry) should sue Apple for using his shape for his phone. A-P-P-L-E...you are dumber than the rock you crawled out from under...please go back!
78. A-P-P-L-E (banned) posted on 26 Jul 2012, 09:58 1
Samsung relys on Apple. Apple chooses what they
want and u provide Apple. so Apple are the buyers
and u are our suppliers.
204. RockieF posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:33 0
Samsung relies on Apple? Haha! Educate yourself and take a look at this article.