Samsung calls shenanigans on Galaxy S III April launch rumor
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Mar 2012, 12:37
A frenzy of reports rushed the web yesterday about an April launch of the Samsung GALAXY S III. As we reported, ZDNet Korea reported that after speaking with Samsung’s marketing and ad agency, Cheil Worldwide, it was determined that the successor to the widely popular...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. imkyle posted on 03 Mar 2012, 12:53 5 0
Whenever Samsung decides to release the S III, please make a whole bunch of em.
3. roscuthiii posted on 03 Mar 2012, 12:56 5 0
And in multiple markets, to add to that thought.
4. imkyle posted on 03 Mar 2012, 13:17 5 0
Yes. Releasing the Galaxy S II months after the release was not a good idea.
5. Adianshadows posted on 03 Mar 2012, 13:39 2 0
I smell a new Bada set incoming... just calling it now!
7. MATOZ posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:30 0 9
Making SG III using Bada OS on it?, come on!, it's gonna be a disillusion for all Android fans waiting for the release date, just saying...
Putting Bada on the next SG generation it's not a real business for them, now.
I think that the reasons of thousands of SG2's sold was and will be run Android on it.
I repeat just saying...
8. Chronos posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:39 7 0
That...was not what Adianshadows comment was referring to.
24. Adianshadows posted on 04 Mar 2012, 13:23 1 0
at least you have a brain Chronos, thank you for that.
MATOZ i wasn't saying that the next SG phone would have Bada, i was stating that since Sammy says they have a new phone in the works it is more than likely a Bada device. Once Bada takes off and is more mainstream around the world I see Sammy using it more for their flagship phones. This is just another stepping stone for Bada. Man I wish PeterlfromSweden could read this news!!
6. Bluesky02 posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:03 0 0
Its tough for manufacturers, they need to let the iPad hype cool down for one month afterwhich they will release their smartphone. When no sooner or later another iPhone hype rise up, again some pressure on marketing side.
9. Skyrim posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:41 0 2
What's an iPad? It doesnt like a galaxy S III....So why are you here?
10. itiswhatitis posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:43 1 0
Design better be good or else i'm going with htc one x!
11. Chronos posted on 03 Mar 2012, 14:47 0 0
You could just be patient for the Samsung Galaxy S III; it's not like waiting is a difficult thing to do.
12. Droid_X_Doug posted on 03 Mar 2012, 15:05 0 0
The hard part is waiting for the GSIII while other manufacturers are starting to ship their quad core handsets. Right now quad core handsets are not even a trickle. But soon....
14. itiswhatitis posted on 03 Mar 2012, 15:06 0 0
add to that it has horrible low-light pictures or videos!!
13. itiswhatitis posted on 03 Mar 2012, 15:05 0 0
Well it usually is not but....... not when my phone is atrix!!
17. cellphonator posted on 03 Mar 2012, 21:45 4 1
It's going to have legs so it can walk the dog for you, but it's unconfirmed so don't get too excited.
16. rcjrdrummer posted on 03 Mar 2012, 18:16 0 1
here we go again. it's not coming out till summer.
18. androidrockzz posted on 03 Mar 2012, 22:44 1 0
any guess of what features and specifications it could have???? and improvement for GS II ?
19. byb786 posted on 04 Mar 2012, 00:36 1 0
it will most probably have a quad core cpu (tegra 3 or equinox quad core)
maybe a 2000+ Mah battery
android 4.0 (but you never know.some rumors suggested android 5.0 jelly bean) ( but i dont think so)
maybe touchwiz 5.0
and maybe some better camera features
20. TerryCrowley posted on 04 Mar 2012, 01:25 2 1
I swear to god I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that creates GS3 launch rumors.
21. pokharkarsaga posted on 04 Mar 2012, 01:32 2 0
friends, i would like to remember that if there was no galaxy s2 last year then how many phones nokia would have sold ? what would be the market share of windows phone and ios till date and how many would be interested in buying high end android smartphones? just think over it.
22. SGSII posted on 04 Mar 2012, 10:25 0 0
I got an EpTouch last month so I actually want them to delay it as long as possible... No offense to the people that are being inpatient
26. lsutigers posted on 05 Mar 2012, 20:00 1 0
Same here, just picked up an GSII EpTouch and it is a fine phone. A little lacking on the quality / design side. I'm used to HTC and Motorola which seem to do a much better job at using high quality materials and better fit and finish (especially HTC). We'll see, rumor is the SGSIII is supposed to be better built.
I have to say, as fast as my SGSII EpTouch is, I'm not sure how much faster these phones really need to be. Don't get me wrong, I love specs as much as the next guy but this thing handles anything I throw at it and there is NO lag, finally. Oh and Sprint's WiMax kicks ass, I am averaging 9mbps and peaking at 14mbps. That's as fast as my FiOS home fiber connection.
23. Forsaken77 posted on 04 Mar 2012, 12:44 0 0
Thet'll either wait for the holiday season or to rival the launch of the next iphone. Anyhow, both of those will most likely be this fall.
25. Adianshadows posted on 04 Mar 2012, 13:26 1 1
Sammy has to launch the SG3 worldwide before the launch of the iPhone if they want to be in the market. I love Samsung but any half bitten fruit item will do better if released at the same time.
27. sajithm posted on 04 Apr 2012, 09:03 0 0
http://www.galaxys3.in - Samsung Galaxy S3 Specifications