Samsung calls Apple iPhone user a whiny loser in one of three new ads
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:26
Three new commercials have been released by Samsung for the Samsung Galaxy S III and only one of them takes a shot at the Apple iPhone; the other two ads show a couple sharing music and sharing videos as the Korean manufacturer shows a kinder and gentler side...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. scorch posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:30 67
s3 is the best phone on the market at the moment...
also the optimus G...
but the s3 is the clear winner
4. techytechtech (banned) posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:31 5
wait till BB comes out homie.....its going to be the career end for your fanboys like fat joe sidelined
13. arsenaljimenez posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:41 37
I'm not even a fanboy, but those are some bold words my friend
15. Nadr1212 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:45 5
nice reply grammy, he does like to whine
hey, how come the black guy gets the smaller screen though?
the worlds still so racist, hmm... (sadly)
24. Deadeye37 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:18 19
@Nadr1212: If the girl gets the iPhone, then we would call the commercial sexist.
It should be Jason Stathem and Daniel Craig playing. Then something has to blow up at the end.
41. CellularNinja posted on 24 Oct 2012, 20:12 4
Plus it's funnier when the more competitive boy is the one who loses out. That's kind of what they're going for. "Guys, don't get the iPhone cuz you can't win games" type thing
29. papss posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:33 2
Maybe you are too sensitive.
32. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:36 3
In this case I would call him sarcastic instead of sensitive. ;)
22. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:17 11
Please, BB is waaay out of the pictures. Phones are getting bigger an better BB just finally started getting with the program so don't think there going to take the cake.
39. xtroid2k posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:54 0
Some mowie wowie
38. xtroid2k posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:53 2
Wow your faith in RIM deserves a free bb10 device when it comes out. I really hope for return to profitability but so doubtful.
45. webOSlove posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:26 3
Settle down... blackberry 10 looks already outdated, the interface was already used *webOS*
53. a_tumiwa posted on 24 Oct 2012, 22:41 1
to be neutral, i love new comer to mobile OS market, but BB10 is a new OS that need at least 2 years for mature
7. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:34 10
nahh, both the Optimus G and the Razr HD's are better than the SIII.
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:44 7
I don't say that Samsung Galaxy S III is bad phone or something like that, it is personal choice but I also would choice LG Optimus G or Motorola Razr Maxx HD instead of Samsung Galaxy S III.
26. mas11 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:20 9
Eh idk about the RAZR HD, but the MAXX HD is for me. The Galaxy S3 has 2x the RAM and a bigger display, but that 3300 mAh battery makes the RAZR the clear choice for me, plus the build quality is nicer on the RAZR.
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:29 3
Also Motorola use very good radio components and GPS module! :)
"The Galaxy S3 has 2x the RAM and..."
Talking about my situation, I'm from Europe so in my case Samsung Galaxy S III has only 1 GB of RAM.
But there is also one consolidated thing which I don't like in Samsung Galaxy S III and Motorola Razr Maxx HD, it is OLED based display since I prefer LCD based displays. :\
+1 for you.
48. InspectorGadget80 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:33 3
i wish the RAZR was on AT&T as on every other carrier sigh :(
54. archangel9 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 23:24 0
Yeah me too.That's something Motorola needs to consider to put on all carriers:VZ,ATT,Tmo & Sprint& maybe US Cellular and Metro
49. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:45 0
i guess the Razr HD is on even ground with the SIII with each offering trade offs to each other but the HD MAXX pulls Moto ahead.
66. webOSlove posted on 25 Oct 2012, 17:50 0
I don't mean to rain on the Android (and iOS) fanboy parade, but twice the ram or faster processor and blah blah blah doesn't mean better performance. Specs aren't everything. The software is a huge contributor to performance. My 3 year old Pixie Plus lags a lot less than Ny aunts galaxy note. It depends on how efficient the OS itself is. Another example is how a Palm Pre at 600 Mhz isn't as fast as an iPhone at 600mhZ. Its because webOS is based on web technologies so it cant get much faster than it is. But anyway, my point is specs aren't everything, the software is just as important.
47. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:32 0
How is the Razr HDs display better? Because it has a couple and yes I mean a couple more pixels? Its still using the same super amoled display that they mind you, got from Samsung.
They are both good displays but yes I do agree that LGs display is better.
50. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:47 0
i personally prefer HDSA over the LCD's i've seen but that's completely subjective.
64. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 Oct 2012, 13:11 0
65. KingKurogiii posted on 25 Oct 2012, 16:01 0
HD Super AMOLED.
12. Nadr1212 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:40 16
U GO SAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Punch that sour apple!!!!
37. AnTuTu posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:51 2
5. jaoowolabi posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:32 3
to be honest i thought this war was over when the iP5 came out.... i mean like the 4s was an iphone i like and was good but the iP5 is not any goood.... its just faster
31. PAPINYC posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:36 3
It's sad that Samsung has to resort to these tactics. Isn't enough that the manufacturer of the other company has to scramble to fix wi-fi issues so that people can FaceTime™ without their video calls dropping; not to mention the P.R. campaign said company has paid for, whereby they have infused internet web articles to help them argue that all cameras take Purple-Rain lovely lavender photos; or, the embarrassment of hordes of brand new phones with out-of-the-box factory defects.
Samsung should just let the devil burn in Hades for Father Time will be his undoing!
40. someones4 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 20:03 5
the war won't be over until one of them completely keels over. by the looks of things, i really doubt it'll be samsung.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:35 3
hahaha, these are good. the last 2 made me hubba hubba a couple of times. xD
9. techguy22 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:35 1
i hate those commercials and im an android fanboy.
42. KParks23 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 20:40 3
What did u not like the 2 funny ones did not even reference the iphone! Lmao the date night one and trip were hilarious!
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:38 3
hold up.........is that the really the iphone 5 in the first vid or the 3gs?? LOL
43. KParks23 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 20:43 1
Actually the ip5 has the brighter screen by ALOT I tested my s3 vs a coworkers io5.. The other 2 commercials were pretty funny I've done the date night one a time or 2 and had that look haha!
18. sithvenger (banned) posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:47 11
I can care less about the phone wars... I wanna see the video his wife made.
21. guest posted on 24 Oct 2012, 18:57 2
Nice I need a wife that makes video with a S3 that I shouldn't watch on the plane
33. tedkord posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:37 2
My wife texted me at work the other night that she was horny, and wished I was home. I went in the bathroom MMSed her a picture of my junk. Do you think this was what they had in mind when the smartphone was invented?
56. networkdood posted on 24 Oct 2012, 23:37 0
why would you call your schlong, your junk?? lol
60. darkkjedii posted on 25 Oct 2012, 03:19 0
That's the best reason to mms bro. Me and my girl do that all the time.
25. moofoodooloo posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:20 2
Not a huge fan of the S3 commercials.. It seems like you're stooping low when you're resorting to attacking a competitors phone. Showcase the features, quit stereotyping iPhone users and let the consumer decide which phone is best for them.
30. PhoneArenaUser posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:34 6
Also it is low when you lie for consumer like Apple does.
59. VZWuser76 posted on 25 Oct 2012, 02:40 0
Apple does it as well, they're just more subtle. The ad about how the 4" screen is common sense because you can reach all of the corners is a jab at any oem who makes a phone with a larger screen. That's just the most recent one I've seen.
27. JulianGT posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:22 4
Not everyone likes big screens, if just the galaxy s 3 mini had the same specs as the s3...
34. tedkord posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:39 2
Those were so-so. I prefer the line of sheep commercials.
36. InspectorGadget80 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 19:50 1
Ok 1st commercial hilarious old lady says YOU'RE A WHINNER and yes ifans are whinners. 2nd commerical ARE U SERIOUS WITH THAT SONG SPICE GIRLS?? LMAO. then his gf send him a romantic song XD. 3rd commercial curious what the wifey share to her hubby phone
44. osaFromJava posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:03 0
third video makes me curious though...@.@
46. JC557 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 21:29 4
After encountering various Mac heads and iFans that love to rip on anyone using a "PC" or Android phone back in 2009-10 this is very much deserved.
Smug pieces of s**t should wipe the smirk off their hipster faces.
51. PM8888 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 22:15 1
The third ad is the best of the 3. I would prefer Samsung to focus on what the S3 can do as opposed to taking shots at Apple. The second and third ads are clever at showing off nice features of the phone.