Samsung buys stake in Pantech, securing innovation access
0. phoneArena 22 May 2013, 03:34 posted on
Samsung has apparently acquired a 10% stake in Pantech, its fellow South Korean phone maker, for reasons yet unknown. That makes Sammy one of the largest shareholders in the company, after Qualcomm and the state's Development Bank...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol the Pantech galaxy!!! Haha but seriously it looks like sammy is using some of it multi billion dollars to buy out the rest of Korean tech companies...but I mean if they can do it....
11. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5258; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, seriously? "it looks like sammy is using some of it multi billion dollars to buy out the rest of Korean tech companies" This is just stupid.
I know what you mean, you mean Samsung is using some of their billion dollars to buy out the rest Korean tech companies like Pantech, LG, etc. right?
This is NONSENSE! This is IMPOSSIBLE! This is MADNESS!
16. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 847; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Madness. MADNESS!... THIS IS PHONEARENA!!!
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Haha calm down dude it was joke and I agree with you....if samsung bought the rest of the South Korean companies then....I do want to think :/
20. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5258; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm alright, but it seems like those people who thumb down me are not calm. But if Samsung bought the rest of the South Korean companies, then.......no LG, no Pantech, only Samsung, geez, it will be the worst NIGHTMARE.
But don't worry, this is impossible.
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
No LG....which means no Optimus g2 which means....my life is over! Do you know it's supposed to have an eight core processor like the s4 but a rival to the exynos 5!
22. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5258; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Exactly! I will "kill" Samsung if they buy LG.
Come to papa, Optimus G2!
23. saadisona (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 May 2013)
come on dude its only a 10% acquisition it does not mean that Sammy is going to get control of Pantech or LG or whatsoever you are talking about this is Sammy's associate not subsidiary!
Calm down for control they have to buy atleast 50% or make some other contract in which its given the control
and buying LG will involve billions of $s.
26. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5258; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dude, read comment #20.
It is impossible for Samsung to buy Pantech or LG or whatever company, and you're right, buying LG will involve billions of $s.
4. Kurai (unregistered)
lamesung is obviously interested in their ability to design beautiful devices . . .
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Haha a fellow sammy hater may actually find that funny....
10. giri555 (Posts: 95; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
That means more Gimmicky features coming up...
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6263; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Pantech makes ugly handset. Please stop using the word innovate. There's nothing innovating bout Samsung purchasing pantech.
14. a961009 (Posts: 114; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
That does not apply to Pantach phones which are in South Korea.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Sharp edged phones look very sexy and modern, contemopray, with rear flat design™
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Beautifull concept looking device™
Someone should patent this design!
Phones with curves are ugly™
24. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
samsung will copy everything they do now from design to software
25. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
haha samsung are one of the best in the world when it comes to software! get your facts right before you post....
28. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
why so many thumbs down im just saying samsung have the best software taste against its major rivals...htc, apple, lg...etc...
27. snowgator (Posts: 3200; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sammy flexes muscles, cash falls out, companies become attracted in ways they cannot say "no".....