Samsung buys chip maker CSR mobile divison, key patents for over $310 million
0. phoneArena 17 Jul 2012, 06:39 posted on
Samsung is looking to strengthen its patent portfolio and to do that it is now acquiring the mobile division of British CSR specializing in making Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi and other chips…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ThePolak (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
Now this is interesting news, maybe those patents will help Sammy to get some relieve from patent struggles.
7. ph00ny (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 May 2011)
patent struggle? Samsung is probably in the top 2 in terms of mobile business releated patents
2. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I was very interested in this article but all the info was really in the title I don't understand why they didn't include what 20 something patents they were and what different it would make or why Samsung really bought the business
3. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Phone Arena didn't listed the 21 patents until they get more info. from Samsung.
5. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
good. now samsung needs to take a page from Apple and sue Apple over every little thing. They are the only company in the android-apple game besides google that has enough money to keep litigation going and give apple a taste of its own sour medicine.
6. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Good move, it will be interesting to see if they ban Apple from using Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth; the iPad will explode and the iPhone will be left on a Network radio ("Searching for iSiGnal"). Guess it's time to sell my iPhone 4S.