Samsung building five R&D centers at $900 million apiece - from creativity incubator to applied materials
0. phoneArena 04 Jul 2013, 01:59 posted on
Each new R&D establishment will be focusing on different aspect of the innovation process - from a creative ideas incubator, through applied materials science projects, to components, flat screens and chipset research. One of these centers, near Suwon, will be dedicated exclusively to smart devices, so we'll keep a watchful eye on what will be cooking over there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
So this is what they are going to spend to create gimmicks? OMG! Give the money to the poor instead.
2. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
lol why would they give money to poor people for no reason? they earned it
3. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Open your non-Samsung devices and see how many parts in there, were actually developed and manufactured by Samsung. Now you know where all the R&D money invested by Samsung are going.
6. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Haters are so blind, those Samsung parts will read something else in their eyes,,
let innovators do what they do best:-)
4. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
They already have/do:
So... yeah, there's that.
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The last one; $825m, wow that's nearly one R&D center!
8. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Atleast they are not the same with other manufacturers that focus only on design and giving their phone the latest hardware from Qualcomm, Sharp, SAMSUNG etc..
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Some of them don't even bother to give their customers the latest hardware.
11. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
at least they could spend some millions in smartphones DESIGN
16. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And what bout Apple? They have no idea how too spend their cash.
7. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The more reason why my next phone is definitely a Samsung brand :-)
10. byazatt (Posts: 269; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
On the design front, am closing my fingers to see what comes of the carbon fibre deal.
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well done Sammy, this is good news and takes one more step to shut those haters up!
13. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Actually, this is not just the only news to shut the haters down.. There is the Carbon Fiber deal, the manufacturing process automation, the Development of more competitive Software Dev Team(s:Androidauthority), etc etc
Even though galaxies have topnotch camera, i am hoping that they will master some camera technology to fight against cybershot and pureview..
15. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Now this is how you spend money on r&d. Can't wait too see what Samsung will create next.