Samsung beats Apple: most people now use its smartphones to access the web
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2013, 09:06 posted on
Apple can no longer brag about selling the most smartphones, so in its latest keynote Tim Cook had to quote a rather strange metric to still illustrate how Apple is superior to its rivals…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
yaay.NOKIA 22%.not distant third anymore
26. sprockkets (Posts: 1608; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
haha but remember all their symbian phones use webkit so better to graph their success with IE10 vs. Symbian webkit.
It's probably the other line lol
2. muhsen (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
looking at the graph projectiles and apple's current progress(or no progress) in phones....soon nokia will take the 2nd spot
3. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Ty for once they say something right.
4. SamsungNewbie (Posts: 30; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Good going Samsung :) don't want them to sit on top for too long or they'll get lazy like RIM and Apple. The more competition, the better our devices will get.
5. teerex42 (Posts: 197; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
That's a no brainer, who wants to watch vids or look at a website with the tiny 4 inch screen and inferior specs???? Samsung rules, especially with the GS4. The best phone I have ever had. There are a few sheep in my family that still have an ios but that's because it is a simple phone and they don't care about having a 5 inch full 1080P hd screen and 2 gigs of ram and super amoled screen which blows the iphones screen out of the water, oh and they don't care about smart stay, smart scroll, among other aweome features my S4 has!!! They like their glorified ipod lol. I sold my ipod nano cause now I stream google play music on blazing fast 4G lte :) However, to each their own :)
9. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
you are right about the i phone screen size but i have to disagree about the amoled display the colors are too saturated
18. trustory (Posts: 131; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
displaymate tests show that with the movie mode option turned on it has accurate colors
15. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
So much BS in one paragraph. I'm seriously laughing at the "smart" features part. Half of those don't even work properly.
17. tedkord (Posts: 8289; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I haven't used smart scroll, so I can"t comment on that. However, smart stay works flawlessly and is extremely useful.
6. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Surprised about the US considering that watching on an iPhone screen is not the best experience. But what do I know.
7. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
The story is accurate but the graphic is all wrong - Lloyd should be on the right side of the Apple where he would effectively be shown, and accurately I might add, taking a huge bite out of the Apple. I am truly sad to see my beloved Apple fall to the rock bottom. I'm now embarrassed to take out my tiny iPhone in public :(
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 17492; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're a liar, you don't own an iPhone, nor are you a girl. You're a pathetic "male" troll that's looking for attention. Keep it real dude.
8. roldefol (Posts: 4094; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Great, now we just need someone to knock Samsung off their perch. Down with the king!
10. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And I thought you where supposed to be unbiased....anyway have fun dreaming about knocking Samsung of the top spot....not gonna happen any time soon mate!
11. roldefol (Posts: 4094; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm mostly unbiased, but I don't like monopolies. If LG's phones were as ubiquitous as Samsung's, I would want someone to challenge its supremacy.
12. donfem (Posts: 592; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Knocking Samsung "off" will take more than words. Bring in quality prroducts surpassing buyers expectations while Samsung remains stagnat and unresponsive(which will never happen), then you can "knock her off".
14. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Samsung deserves it, their devices have proved to be way better than Apple just look st the specs
16. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
my Samsung blew up yesterday ...What? I'm not joking
19. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i just wont to say nice droid an apple photo...iphone screen is too small it takes longer to look at the page so that increase the time you spend on the internet
23. arihant10 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
ha ha, samsung with loads of smartphones is just a bit above apple, shame for samsung
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3641; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Samsung thinks about phones for every group, not like ur iCrap overpriced.
24. Newton (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Oh! Samsung how hard it was releasing 30 phones a year vs one iPhone.
28. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3641; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Samsung thinks about phones for every group, not like ur iCrap overpriced. If Apple release budget phones for every group they'll definitely beat Samsung.