Samsung arrives in Silicon Valley, to open an R&D center next to Google
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2013, 02:09 posted on
Today Samsung Electronics will be cutting the ribbon on a new R&D center to "support growth, open innovation and collaboration activities", which should be up and running next year in a year or so. The research center will cover a new 8.5-acre campus in Mountain View, where Google's headquarters are, and will comprise of two new six-story class-A office buildings...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 368; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Soon Sammy will start hiring Google research employees to its R&D.
9. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I wouldn't put any centers even close to Google. They're probably using up all the creativity in the air..
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1289; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I can almost imagine what R&D Samsung will be doing in the first years...
"Wireless Copying"........... From Google's R&D....... Go Samsung. ;)
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 325; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
One small step for a Samsung, One giant leap for Mobile Universe...
4. aditya.k (Posts: 493; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
So that they can steal yet to release Android versions and give updates faster? :D :P
7. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
so that they can release TIZEN very fast
5. andynaija (Posts: 671; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Curious, R&D means research and development right?
12. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It's Revise and Distribute for Samsung :D
15. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
They should invite Obama to the opening ceremony to remind him they do business in the US as well.
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1956; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How many xerox machines are they going to have in the new office?
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Great news from Samsung. new jobs new technology