Samsung announces the first high-res Super AMOLED tablets: the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2014, 18:18 posted on
Samsung's tablet event has gotten under way in New York, and as we have been expecting, the announcement is for two new top-of-the-line tablets in Samsung's stable. These are the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and 10.5. The two new tablets are essentially updates to the previous Galaxy Tab Pro line, but with a new name to bring more continuity to its products...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Zenzui (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
hmm... I will wait for the full specs and details before I can get excited.
3. Commentator (Posts: 2644; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
"The first Super AMOLED Tablets"? What about the Galaxy Tab 7.7?
9. gigaraga (Posts: 1412; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I think Samsung mentioned 'high resolution' in there as well. So it's 'the worlds first high resolution Super AMOLED tab'
4. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 182; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Blah blah blah they should of started there second gen lineup with that screen resolution
17. bbblader (Posts: 588; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Oh and where are the blackberry tablets?Stuck in 2011.The galaxy note 10.4 (2014) also has the same resolution,your comment is useless,your fanboyism too. These are the first high-res AMOLED tablets. Please be more informed before you post stupid things like this.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4155; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You could see the tablet lag in his hand as it was rotating the display. Such a shame.
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4155; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
When DJ Lee was giving an overview of the tablet's features on stage, as he was waving it around the screen rotated a couple times. The lag and dropped frames in that simple animation was painfully obvious.
6. Totse2k15 (Posts: 310; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
$399 for 8.4. Just the way I thought. Will buy the 8.4".
7. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Tab PRO series was Feb....now we got Tab S. Whats sup with the these release patterns?
I got my Tab Pro 8.4, but I use it for reading my textbooks...so this whole entertainment and watching movies with Amoled doesn't amuse to me.
10. gigaraga (Posts: 1412; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
More tablets for more choices. Like I'd take a Tab S 10.5, NotePro 12.2 and a TabPro 8.4.
8. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Samsung wouldn't be Samsung with no lag. Let's embrace that 'feature'.
11. elroy (Posts: 12; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Be honest guys this one of the best tablet out there now.Samsung you are heading in the right direction.Android 5 is all that is missing....
12. medicci37 (Posts: 870; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would like 2 get the 8.4 if it was cheaper. For that kind of money they could have at least used a 5422
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3668; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3668; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Not for me, i literally cried for a snapdragon note 3, Exynos turned me off. Snapdragon is always a better chipset, balanced, efficient, LTE and even better ISPs.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6954; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
RIDICUOUSLY thin tablet. and i love their HIGH RESOLUTION with it's thinnes.
18. amansingal14 (Posts: 302; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Finally a tablet that can give xperia tablet z2 a run for its money, and actually beat it.
PS - My Preferences