Samsung announces energy-saving Green LCD display, Youm flexible OLED panels at CES
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Jan 2013, 12:29
Ever since we first saw those flexible OLED displays by Samsung we've been wondering when we might see them used in an actual product. As in a handheld device one can actually buy and use. Well, perhaps those days are nearing as Samsung just showed off its bendy panels during its CES keynote. The potential of the company's Youm flexible panels, as they are called, was demonstrated both in conceptual videos and on a prototype device.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2013, 12:33 2 0
They must think of new device class for this screen. I think SS will not use this for GS4.
9. emes360 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 14:15 1 0
calling samsung ss is kinda wierd.. some of you will know why
12. Dr.Phil posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:09 5 0
If you are referring to German history, then I understand what you are saying. However, if you are referring to something else then I have no clue.
15. PhenomFaz posted on 09 Jan 2013, 16:56 3 0
the note 3 will be a perfect candidate though and this will truly expand the Note experience :)
18. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 09 Jan 2013, 22:39 0 0
I think if they can fold the phone and open it like a notebook then this will be big as you can double or triple... the screen size for a small phone size.
Currently they just can't do that yet.
19. OHaZZaR posted on 10 Jan 2013, 01:43 0 0
That sort of is true, but won't it make holding the phone a bit more uncomfortable? Obviously I never did hold one but shouldn't the phone be curved downwards instead of upwards? I'm sure the engineers will come up with a brilliant solution until then though, but as far as the prototype is concerned, holding it will be rather difficult.
20. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 10 Jan 2013, 02:03 0 0
Not really, it's like a clamshell phone. And when the screen is so thin we can always have a 2nd small screen for quick use.
3. protozeloz posted on 09 Jan 2013, 12:41 1 0
I really like that seeing on the device that looks like an S3... Who knows.... Maybe turns into an S4 with a bit of development
10. easymomo posted on 09 Jan 2013, 14:20 10 2
Too many good news are coming from CES, but where is Apple ???
Wait, no Apple, that's a good news too ...
5. SellPhones82 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 12:54 0 0
The Galaxy S Note Tab...coming to a pocket near you in mid-2014! Man, if I can get this along with the Exynos 5 I'd be set till they release something better!
6. phljcnth posted on 09 Jan 2013, 12:56 2 0
That phone-turning-into-tablet concept is so cool!
8. MistB posted on 09 Jan 2013, 13:11 0 0
The phone is turning into a tablet. This is the only way we'll expand beyond 7 inches and call it a hybrid device unlike that massive thing, the Ascend Mate and the rumoured Note 3 at 6.3 inches.
7. scsa852k posted on 09 Jan 2013, 13:06 3 0
Wow.. tablet or note folded in half??!!!
It's too good to be true!!
13. drnggaj33 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 16:27 6 1
samsung chips and displays ....keeps on getting better as apple trys to take from everyone not making anything great
16. JGuinan007 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:55 0 1
Don't think we'll see this for a few more years in an accual device
17. shuaibhere posted on 09 Jan 2013, 21:17 0 0
S5 will have it for sure ...who knows there is chance for s4 too...
22. swapnilaxn posted on 10 Jan 2013, 05:23 0 0
Are they going to make Battery flexible too?????............ i think with such screens we have to get a Battery dock as well :)
24. InspectorGadget80 posted on 11 Jan 2013, 14:15 0 0
Patent this before apple steals it samsung. Ill wait for this. thing over the gs IV