Samsung announces 2020 goal for 5G, hits 1Gbps in tests
0. phoneArena 12 May 2013, 13:38 posted on
Tech firms are always looking ahead and while 4G LTE is all the rage these days, Korean giant Samsung has announced that 5G will be ready by 2020; In tests, Samsung was able to hit 1Gbps speed, but it required 64 antennas to hit that mark. The tech giant conducted the test over the 28GHz waveband and was able to exchange real-time signals during the test...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
37. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
...and Verizon will still charge us $10/GB.
40. Taters (Posts: 2579; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
2020 is kind of long no? If Samsung really wants to take it to the haters they should go for something like 2016, more coverage/towers than LTE, exclusive to Samsung products. Of course this isn't feasible on their own. But if they take those billions in marketing and put it into building towers instead and team up Google and Intel they might be able to pull off something that ambitious.
48. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I've even heard on tv that 5g can download two full hd movies in one second. Wow Samsung!keep it up! But 2020 is so far away...
50. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
So if Sammy is expecting it by 2020, appfail should have it by 2022 at the earliest XD
52. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7291; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're giving them too much credit. 2050 sounds a lot better.
53. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
It is better to see this coming than hearing such news in 2020 (5g coming in 2027) where circumstances need such..
Great job samsung