Samsung and Nokia are fighting dirty on Twitter
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2013, 02:34 posted on
Anyone who doesn't think that the competition is fierce in the smartphone industry needs only to take a look at the exchange of tweets between Nokia and Samsung's U.S. subsidiaries. Nokia apparently started the fight by calling the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch so 2013. Nokia then said that Samsung should bring out smart shoes in 2014 and included an image of what a connected smart sneaker might look like with a hashtag #TheNextBigThing?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
71. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
"Japanese take stuff seriously. They're not that childish."
Go there for a week and come back, let me know if you still feel that way.
67. sniper1087 (Posts: 502; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Buying their Z2 possibly, as long as it doesn't have any flaps, which are definitely annoying.
23. taikucing (unregistered)
Stupid Nokia started to flame war with everyone.
25. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Why most smartphone manufacturer act like kindergarden child. I dont see such thing in console wars.
30. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I thought I'd see something like "Hey Nokia, get a better OS then you can talk."
Also, scrolling down their twitter page, I can't find it, did they delete it or something?
31. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
Nice Finishing Touch, Samsung Success Killing Nokia.
R.I.P Nokia :)
33. Loubielou (Posts: 506; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Nokia will never like Samsung after Solving All the mistakes that they made in the mobile market,an made themselves more popular than Nokia,Samsung do not need to worry now that the comedy duo are working together Nokia/Microsoft
47. Diezparda (Posts: 869; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Hahaha comedy duo, yes Nokia actually pretty good phone manufacturer that rely on wrong mobile operating system. I think wp couldn't rival android because it took them forever to develop their apps market. (And windows rt? Oh please...)
75. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Nokia was the greatest of all time when it came to design, build quality, device technology, and overall package.
The lack of immediate attention in the past and the choice of OS killed them.
It's a true shame.
34. yadu004 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
When a company is down and not performing well, it is not sensible to take potshots at other companies, especially with the 'BIG' Gun. They should focus more on gaining more market and stuff like that. Given that recently, as far as I have seen Nokia, Mocking companies in their Ads and so on, I think they deserved a slap.
But whoever typed that from Samsung, gave them a kick in the nads!! .
which was unexpected and a harsh But funny!!
38. muhsen (Posts: 280; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
clever marketing from Nokia, no wonder their lumias r starting to fly off the shelves (at least in my region).
way too low , samsung , way too low !!!!!!
51. utg001 (unregistered)
they are gaining momentum slowly but steadily. I can still hope to live the day Lumias surpass Galaxies
56. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Go to Malaysia...
Its very very very rare to find people using a Lumia instead they use Sammy....beacause ALOT OF PEOPLE IS USING SAMMY and they suck actually...
40. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
*starts filling out job application for Samsung's social media department now that there's an opening*
41. JMartin22 (Posts: 1955; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The "unsuccessful" Galaxy Smart Watch still sold more units than any of Nokia's flagship phones to date so yeah... I guess they really could try to just do the anatomically impossible.
69. sniper1087 (Posts: 502; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
You better backup your statement with numbers, otherwise they mean nothing. I don't think people will buy a watch they have to charge every day.
70. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Jmartin22, you're an idiot. Find some proof then come back. If you try, you'll never be back.
96. willard12 (Posts: 1568; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
117. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
^ Yeah, because 800,000 Galaxy Gear Smart watches sold are still more units than any of Nokia's flagships.
I find, on a daily basis, more and more people are pretending to be technology analysts and experts.
120. willard12 (Posts: 1568; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Find some proof then come back. If you try, you'll never be back.
126. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Whatever, you and dude are suspect.
Super Smash Bros. with your overpriced watches.
Proof is all over the place, you can dig for it, it's all over this site and others. The Ad-duplex or whatever shows how many Lumias are out there. And it's way more than Samsung smart watches, do your homework, you and your boyfriend.
131. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
why dont you show proof? all youre saying is that the lumia has sold more units than the smart watch but yet you have shown no proof of this?
44. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
On a related note, it seems that Nokia is quickly learning the Tao of Ballmer, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Make People Want to Punch Me.
58. tedkord (Posts: 10715; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No way. That was a funny tweet. Actually, Samsung's reply made me sick. Respond with another funny dig.
But, yes, I do still have the urge to punch Ballmer.
46. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
nokia is so desperate.... they attacking other brands....
50. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Nokia is behaving like a man whose house is on fire and he's busy chasing rats. There is/was no need to attack Sammy. Nokia should focus more on how to save themselves from sluggish M$ than wasting time bashing other OEMs. Microkia should work more on making WP ahead of iOS and Android, they cannot be successful with only camera as a selling point. The OS counts and WP is so boring and a joke. Sooooo many restrictions and uncountable lack in functionality!!!
59. tedkord (Posts: 10715; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
How is Nokia's tweet any different than Samsung's ads about iPhone buyers in line?
99. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well there is ONE big difference....In those ads sammy compares their phone with iphone specs and feature wise..not simply dizzing...but how about this?????
77. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
It's too late for Nokia to save themselves from Microsoft.
In this case, they're just having some fun with the Lamborghini before they sell it.
53. papss (unregistered)
Tbh the gear is a turd... i just dont get all the wearable crap fad stuff... SS is mad that they didnt do shoes first.. i bet their factories came to a hult just to copy them.
Funny tweet though.
57. checkmymike (Posts: 146; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
hi nokia. please sell a smartphone first.
128. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
They actually did sell a smartphone...first.
How many nine-year-olds have logins for this site anyhow?
61. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
As funny as it was, I've lost some more respect for SS.
It's a slippery slope when you are at the top.
73. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hahahaha that's awesome!!! I wish more companies would do stuff like this. Shows that they are real IMO.
76. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
somebody got fired. lol i dont think samsung should have gotten that upset. i mean, really, over nokia? lol
78. jroc74 (Posts: 5999; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
OMG!!! I fully didnt expect to see that response....someone probably just lost their job tho....but hey....at least they went out with a bang...lol.
83. Bilpocalypse (Posts: 301; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Regardless of all the fanboyism, both of these OEMs have driven more change in the industry in the last two years than any of the other OEMs. Possibly more than all the other OEMs combined. It is only natural that they are at each other's throats.
86. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I think Nokia is seeking more publicity by creating flame wars. It would have been unprofessional of Samsung to answer (although hilarious) Nokia's ridicule, but I'm glad it's a fake.
94. maherk (Posts: 3502; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
If this site was as professional as they claim, this article shouldn't have been posted before making sure that Samsung did in fact tweeted that. Don't you guys have a twitter account?
Now since you were dumb enough to post it and found out later on that it was fake, instead of putting a little update, why don't you write a new article apologizing for your amateur mistake, this way all the haters would shut up. Because I'm sure 90% of those who saw this article have no interest in coming back to check it after 12 hours, it's old news for them.
100. ˇಠ_ಠˇ (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Before writing that comment, you should have read the article and done more research and seen that they said Samsung's post was pulled of Twitter so they couldn't check on Twitter so it doesn't help that they have a Twitter account. Obviously they should have realized it was fake and verified it some other way, but just fact checking your comment...
106. jroc74 (Posts: 5999; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Aaww....and here I was hoping just a lil bit that someone at Samsung would be that bold. It woulda been very unprofessional, especially since many ppl use things like Twitter, Facebook, etc for professional networking.
112. tmcr7 (Posts: 180; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Wow. Look at the updated article. Phonearena just lost a ton of credibility by posting a false story. The editor should apologize to the readers and take appropriate action on the writer.
119. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The head of PR at Nokia needs to stop. They are in no position to do the things they are doing with their marketing. It is like the poker player with the smallest chipstack trying to bluff every hand. It just looks bad and isn't the least bit effective.