Samsung and Apple to both embrace wireless charging in 2013?
0. phoneArena 08 Mar 2013, 03:24 posted on
Samsung and Apple are expected to join forces with HTC, LG and Nokia with wireless charging options for their smartphones in 2013; according to the usualy anonymous industry sources, Korean based Samsung will adopt the Qi wireless charging technology run by the Wireless Power Consortium for the Samsung Galaxy S 4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. Tsoliades (Posts: 181; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
No one remembers anyway, the Charge sucked lol
3. MartianMe (unregistered)
I don't know how this is wireless if you place it on a device that has a power cord?
4. GoBears (Posts: 279; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
What do you expect it to magically pull electricity out of the cosmos? No wires plugged into phone=wireless. You know like your wireless router that has wires pugged into it.
5. izim1 (Posts: 67; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
He put a question mark at the end so I guess he was asking if he didn't know. he seems confused pretty much all around.
9. Daftama (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I think he was talking about if he could charger the device itself. Maybe be a portable as well hmmm other than that if a bear s**t in the forest than clean his a×$ with a fluffy white rabbit we just might see it..not a bad idea blutooth wireless charger hmm
14. jfuente11 (Posts: 28; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
A phone that can recharge through solar energy is what we can call wireless charging.
6. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Wireless QI charging rocks. Every smartphone/phablet should have this capability...
7. SEULATER (banned) (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Funny shape and dosent look kinda nice
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 1664; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
What's with the similar story following up on this one about wireless charging for the SGS IV and the iP5S with the header: "Bad Reporting Alert"?
That one just shows an error message...
15. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
It is the future of charging. I foresee a wireless future. And you thought Star Trek was just sci-fi BS. No friend, teleportation is real but only in its infancy.