Samsung and Apple rake in 99% of mobile profits
0. phoneArena 03 May 2012, 20:25 posted on
A few days ago, we learned that Apple and Samsung are by far the dominant forces in the smartphone market, and it's no surprise that Apple is a profit machine, but the numbers for just how dominant are a bit staggering...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
With that kind of dough I know iPhone will stay at the top of the food chain for a while. Apple has the money to invest and make sure it's so.
2. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
stay on top of the profit chain. i dont know what other "food chain" you are talking about since they are losing market share more often than not.
sky high profits mean your just paying too much.
3. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I told you when I want pizza I'll give you a ring.
6. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your jokes are so lame. lol. whats it like to never have a job and to live off your parents money?
Considering I've worked in the Cell industry for gawd.. about 5 years, your a bit late with the pizza jokes. Besides, why would I be embarrassed of running a business? Have you ever run a million dollar business? I have.
I'd only be embarrassed if i lived at home and spent all day trolling on websites doing all I could to get negative marks on my posts.. which you admit you do on purpose because you think it makes you "famous" or "important" on the website. Sad sad little troll.
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I didn't know delivering pizza was "running a million dollar business".
Hahahha I'm crying laughing
10. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
again, because you live at home. Maybe you should go look up the businesses to get into to become a millionaire.
Really taco, you are so clueless its funny... really funny. We passed "its sad" a while back..
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
cant you just pick it up from the oven? you don't have to call a pizza guy when you do delivery in another store... just saying
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Btw I guess I should buy my phones from a company that's losing money so I know I'm not overpaying huh.
7. remixfa (Posts: 14223; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
a little logic taco.
why do YOU care how much a company makes or loses? If your not getting a good VALUE for your dollar, you are spending too much, regardless of the company. Its not like if Apple does good you do good, or if Tmobile does bad it hurts you. Tmobile's bad quarters made it take the chance on droping their pricing lower than everyone else while maintaining the largest 4G network in the USA as well as it being nearly the fastest.
Only a fool thinks that paying more automatically makes it better than something thats cheaper.
16. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
hey im going back to your market share thing at the top but can you use that argument? there are only 5 or 6 iterations of the iphone, and yet they still have a huge market share, compared to the huge amount of of androids that are out there.
11. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 268; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Funny that picture only shows apple hmm Samsung no where in sight oh it's iPA lol.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the Note was invited but was too big for the picture
12. Commentator (Posts: 2555; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Nice to see HTC with 1%! Seriously though, this is a cutthroat business if only three smartphone manufacturers out of however many there are can turn a profit.
13. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Good job Apple and Samsung! It's good that these companies are neck and neck so they both put out products to try and overtake each other. It's a win for us.
18. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Actually it is not neck and neck, but more likely Apple's butt through Samsung's binoculars. :)
14. Dandy (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 May 2012)
no,company always win not us. coz everytime they release a new product.they temp the buyer to buy it becoz it is much improve than the other device. So every time you buy a new phone becoz you know that that is the fastest device then after a months they have much faster device then after half a year your device is paste out. hahah.
15. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Apple 'the king of marketing' as usual.
Shocking no. for Android players....... :-(