Samsung also dethroned in India in Q2, local manufacturer Micromax is now king
0. phoneArena 05 Aug 2014, 09:02 posted on
Earlier today, we passed on the news that Xiaomi, the fifth largest smartphone producer in the world in Q2 2014, has taken Samsung's crown and is now the leader on the vast Chinese market. While this is definitely bad news for Sammy, it seems that its rivals won't give it a break...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. hashimta123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
Their phones are disappointment in India
14. draconic1991 (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
And their after sale service is also irritating...bought a new sony phone....took it to their sevice centre thrice in 20 days....that phone has remained more with the service centre than with me...and they're not willing to replace...
36. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
My friends Xperia SP is pain in his A**.. Always drain barrtry quickly , 5 % drop after just unpluginf grom the charger, lol
Changed batry & mobo still same.. pathetic....
35. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony Sucks all round when it comes to upgrades and customer support in India.
2. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
normal bcuze samsung is expensive compared to local devices
18. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Do they miss to say in this article, that this is ABOUT THE FEATURE(dumb) PHONES?(all phones)
Not about smartphones.
Well , for bashing Samsung, all the tricks are allowed.
24. nokia12 (Posts: 465; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
have you even read the article ?
it is talking about all phones ( smartphone + dumb phones )
secondly read the line they are closing in on samsung with 20 % share to micromax and 25 % to samsung in smartphone sales .. so sammy is clearly on a decline .. samyboy
5. Finalflash (Posts: 2793; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Don't care, as long as it gets them enough investment to compete in the big time. Thing with these high tech hardware markets is that you need a lot of capital to even begin competing. Hopefully this gives them the money needed to develop something that destroys QC's now aging chips and breaks that monopoly. Intel seems hell bent on wasting time with x86 and Nvidia is only good at marketing bad designs. Everything is coming to a head this year, Samsung losing ground in all markets, new entrants climbing, old ones upping their game. 2014/2015 will be fun to watch as a consumer hopefully.
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
True. Qualcomm must be butt-kicked. Their monopoly and laziness have made android almost crippled and helpless against the iphone 6.
Its almost Q4 and all we are getting is an overclocked snapdragon 800.
11. LoveHater (Posts: 176; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
"Punch in your Face Fanboy " ,,, is all about tht Logo
29. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
it's look like Mi of xiaomi, so 2 "MI's" is dethroning samsung, so I suggest that WP should change their name to Mindows phone. XD
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 5421; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
From this hope Samsung get their act together. Release more compaling phones at a lower price.
9. mturby (unregistered)
mmmmm...There is something about Samsung...they suck in quality!
16. Doakie (Posts: 1889; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I've owned lots of Samsung phones and I would highly disagree. However they are very uninspiring.
19. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
This is about Micromax selling more feature(dumb) phones. NOT SMARTPHONES.
If in this article they didn't mentioned it, PA just manipulate you, for bashing Samsung.
10. mayur007 (Posts: 563; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Samsung losing its charm.
Samsung Shouldn't become next Nokia.
No innovation due to ego
20. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
What are you talking about? LOL
This is about Micromax selling more feature(dumb) phones. NOT SMARTPHONES
12. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
I knew this was coming. Shamesung no more king in India. And won't come back. Waiting for the day when Xiaomi becomes the king here. It will take time but they will be.someday.
21. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
This might be coming , but not yet.
Samsung is STILL THE KING in India.
This in the article is about feature(dumb) phones. NOT SMARTPHONES.
If PA didn't write it clear, that's because the bashing Samsung must go on. LOL
13. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
If Xiaomi improves the availability of its handsets in India, Micromax will be dethroned faster than the time it took to dethrone Samsung.
15. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 191; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This is the result of fooling customers with fake processors. I really wish that Xiaomi kind of manufacturers increase in market who provide real processor (Qualcomm) at very affordable price..... I want consumer to be king.
22. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
And where is Apple there?
23. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
The only thing that micromax has that make it on top is the price range. I hope samsung can lower its price.
26. Cyberchum (Posts: 666; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
What do one expect when they release uninspiring low ends with 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB ROM running 'Android' with lagwiz. If you must use those crappy hardware, at least make it pure stock with no bloatware.
27. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Micromax? LOCAL MANUFACTURER?
since when? India has facilities to manufacture their own phone?
31. niteshbids (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Why is it so surprising for you to think that India can manufacture phones?? Or is Greece filled with phone manufacturing facilities around every other corner?
Nokia has one of the largest mobile phone manufacturing units of south east Asia based in India.
I'm not sure if micromax manufactures their phones in India or gets it done some where else (read china) but if apple getting their phones built in china are aab American phone manufacturer, then micromax had the right to be called indian manufacturer..
And do find out more about a country before you start posting comments about one even if you feel butthurt for your favourite brand
34. Crossblade (Posts: 210; Member since: 21 Apr 2005)
28. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
No surprise, you can get some good spec devices for the price of a rubbish samsung budget phone like those galaxy fames
32. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Samsung had this coming with their really bad low end phones and terrible designs. Heck, even Micromax designs better phones than Samsung (Eg: Canvas 4, Canvas Knight ans Canvas Turbo).
38. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
People wanted big scren phones like sammy with half the price then came in the picture MMX.. & the results are here...
TBH sammy low end devices are total junk... they don't even stand a chance, but still some fool people buy them.. lol..
I suggested my friend to buy Grand 2 as per his budget, he cleary refused saying no shamesung plz.. lol finally he bought xiomi mi3..
& I love my LG G2... :D