Samsung adds iPad mini, iPad 4, and iPod Touch to lawsuit
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2012, 21:19 posted on
The first lawsuit between Apple and Samsung was a bloodbath, and round 2 isn't shaping up to be any less of a battle. Last week, Samsung and Apple both added more products to the pending lawsuits, and today Samsung has pushed even more and added the iPad mini, iPad 4, and iPod Touch to its claims...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I think there should be another section on PA just for lawsuit news
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10679; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's like a couple bickering back and forth.
28. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
For the most part, that's what the "Patents" tag has become...
2. Aeires (unregistered)
I don't really understand why so many people think they are spending less money on R&D just because of lawsuits. Both Apple and Samsung have tons of money, R&D isn't getting cut back unless the company feels it's not needed, not because lawyer fees are going up. It's probably the exact opposite, you have to spend more money on research to avoid being sued.
29. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not saying the companies are spending less than before because of lawsuits, but that they are spending far less than they could because of lawsuits.
3. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I think they should STOP doing these lawsuit!! It's so annoying!!
4. BREvenson (Posts: 240; Member since: 17 May 2012)
This is all just a waste of time. As an Android supporter, it does kind of hurt to see companies that have invested so strongly in the OS have to fight against Apple to defend their own designs. Despite similarities (which are common in nearly every artistic medium, such as TV, film, music, etc.), there are unique factors. Apple claims they have the right to make "rectangular devices with rounded edges" with "swipe to unlock", "pinch-to-zoom", and all that stuff...but what effect does that have other than to stifle competition? Think of how many devices currently use (and have used) all those features; if Apple had their way, there would be NOTHING left.
Needless to say, these lawsuits will be time-consuming and they will raise more and more interest in both parties, but it won't stop Apple and Samsung from doing their thing. Samsung will continue to release acclaimed products and increase sales and popularity for their devices...and Apple will continue to sue. That's the way of the world, it seems.
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I like this behavior by Samsung, I always knew they are as dirty as Apple banning devices, but of course fandroids will make excuses for Samsung
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
This is more than justified.
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Add the iphone 5, iphone5s/6 or whatever next few iPhones apple will release to the lawsuit sammy!
11. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Apple is like a bimbo beautiful but brainless and jealous of always with things around.
13. someones4 (Posts: 624; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
If Samsung wins, Apple will be finished as a company.
If Apple wins, Samsung will just design and make other devices.
These lawsuits are like paying for ads to Samsung.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 19491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And just how do u know apple will b finished as a company? Close their doors and have a going outta business sale? Please explain why, or is this just another useless anti apple comment that will never come to fruition? Hmmmmm???
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lmao im sorry but no matter how much you hate apple samsung winning wont even scratch them. you cant say apple will be finished as it wont happen.
keep your hate in check
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 19491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol that's what I was thinking bro. How's it going?
25. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
going amazing, had many tiny android fans come at me with the usual lol
luckily i have a life outside p.a unlike them so all good
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Payback! (I mean literally, Apple will pay back everything)
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 19491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I smell a settlement... If apple, and Samsung keep adding devices then soon we' ll have nothing to purchase. Isn't it crazy that apple Samsung Htc, Nokia make the best hardware, and 3 of the 4 can't get along?
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 19491; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What amazes me is no matter how dumb the comments are, the android faithful will thumb it up just for being anti apple. And u call apple users sh**p... Puhhleeeeeze!!!
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
i actually agree with you on that, like i said before role reversal, becoming what they complain about
20. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Correction........They add those devices to the list they copy....!!!!!