Samsung USA tweets that it is working to bring Froyo for the Galaxy S handsets ASAP
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Jan 2011, 07:07
Samsung USA says from its Twitter account that Android Froyo will be brought ASAP to US Galaxy S handsets. Still, the manufacturer doesn't provide timeframe for any of the four smartphones, neither for the whole bunch...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SHAN (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 07:12 0 0
What about gingerbeard 2.3??
2. bsf (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 07:29 0 0
Yeah right... 'asap' probably means that I will have a new phone by then.
5. pcman (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 08:01 0 0
When did u guys start working on froyo? Yesterday. Sammy if u get rid of that touchwiz crap then u will it much easier to get updates like froyo, gingerbread, etc..
6. ricking posted on 03 Jan 2011, 08:31 0 0
already sold my phone went back to htc a real android company
7. untitled (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 08:59 0 0
@ricking, never knew a "real android company" set the standard with low quality camera+mic combo for photo & video, distasteful phone design(desire hd, brown as color base?! with snap on covers that require user effort to shut nicely with minimum seam?), screen that other than big with no other actual innovation on picture quality(even on desire hd!).
You should've just said without xda developers, htc phone means nothing.
12. networkdood posted on 03 Jan 2011, 15:09 0 0
LOL, the captivate i897 is actually quite a nice phone. Looks great...feels light ..I have 2.2 FROYO with 2.3 market and keyboard on it...GPS works great...would be nice to have the official 2.2 on the phone, though....not too worried about it...
8. clevername posted on 03 Jan 2011, 10:09 0 0
Ricking just meant an OEM that adopts android updates with haste. Obviously not about build quality of the devices themselves.
10. firstname.lastname@example.org (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 12:12 0 0
Absolutely pathetic how long they are taking to do this. I am ticked off as other Galaxy S owners as well, really has soured my experience with them. Too bad, since the Galaxy S2 looks promising, get it together you idiots!
13. Galaxy S Owner (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 20:11 1 0
The phone is still usable right?
It's not broken?
What's the difference between 2.1 and 2.2 .... ? -Not much....
It's not like 2.1 is hindering any use of the phone so why complain so damn much? It's still an amazing phone.